Tag Archives: Philippe Coutinho

Coutinho from Barcelona is out until April after surgery | Instant News


Barcelona would be without Philippe Coutinho until April after he underwent surgery on a knee injury on Saturday, the club has confirmed.

Coutinho, 28, sustained a meniscus damage to his left knee after coming on as a substitute in Tuesday’s draw at Camp Nou. Eibar.

Daily FC Streaming on ESPN +

Barca said Saturday’s operation went well but it was Brazil international will now be out of action for about three months.

With a busy schedule this season due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Coutinho can miss up to 20 games while he recovers.

He will miss the Spanish Super Cup this month and will not be available for the Champions League match against Paris Saint Germain.

Coutinho returned to Barcelona this season after a loan spell with him Bayern Munich, where he won the treble, after coach Ronald Koeman promised him an important role in his team.

However, injuries have affected his form and limited him to 14 appearances in all competitions, during which he has scored three goals.

Ex Liverpool the player missed a month at the start of the season after suffering a hamstring injury on the pitch Classic defeat for Real Madrid in October.

He became the third Barca player to be sidelined for several months this season, together Gerard Pique and Ansu fati also came out with long term injuries.

Lionel Messi has recovered from an ankle problem that kept him out of Tuesday’s draw against Eibar, and has been named in the squad for Sunday’s trip to Huesca.

.



image source

Coutinho faces a three month absence following knee surgery as Barcelona suffered an injury hit with Brazil | Instant News


The South American playmaker picked up an injury during his meeting with Eibar on December 29, with an illness that forced him under the knife.

Philippe Coutinho has been out for three months by Barcelona, with Brazil international has had “successful” surgery on his knee.

The South American playmaker suffered an injury when he met Eibar on December 29th.

The disease had forced him under the knife, with hers the left meniscus requires surgery.

Barca said the procedure went according to plan, with Coutinho now starting to make his way to recovery.

A statement from the League giants read: “Philippe Coutinho has been successfully operated on due to an injury to his left meniscus. He will be out for approximately three months. “

The 28-year-old started the meeting with Eibar on the bench, but was included in the second half.

He limped off in stoppage time, leaving Ronald Koeman’s side with 10 men as they played the closing stages in a 1-1 draw.

Coutinho has now been added to a growing list of injuries at Camp Nou which includes Gerard Pique, Ansu Fati and Sergi Roberto.

He has contributed three goals and two assists for the Blaugrana this season reabsorbed in Catalunya after spending the 2019-20 season on loan at Bayern Munich.

Koeman said: “It’s a bit unlucky because we have so many injured players. Philippe, he’s going to be out for about three months because of an injury.

“He’s always been an important player and will come back. Now he has to recover and I don’t know when he will be 100 per cent.

“This is an important absence. Up front we’ve had some problems and now we have to see how we can sort out Philippe’s absence. “

Barcelona have struggled to reach their best this season, although seeing talismanic captain Lionel Messi remains on their books.

Only seven wins have collected from 15 games so far, with a 25 point return putting them 10 adrift of the leaders Atletico Madrid.

Koeman admits the title may be out of his reach, with the Dutchman saying: “If I’m realistic, the titles are very complicated. Nothing is impossible, but you have to recognize the distance.

“Atletico in my opinion are very good, very strong. They haven’t conceded many goals. “

.



image source

Coutinho’s agent, Joorabchian, has denied talks of a transfer from Barca to Juventus | Instant News


The Brazil international has returned to Spain after a season on loan at Bayern Munich

Philippe Coutinho’s agent has poured cold water on the report linking the midfielder with the transfer from Barcelona to Juventus.

That Brazil The international has had mixed times at Barca since his move from Liverpool in January 2018 – and even spent a year on loan at Bayern Munich.

He’s back now Spanish and a regular feature in the Barca team, despite being struggling domestically League, and set out to justify his fee of £ 130 million (€ 141 million / $ 169 million).

A report on Italy claims Juventus are planning a move for the 28-year-old, but it has prompted a response from Coutinho’s agent Kia Joorabchian.

50 Goals Revealed: The 50 best players in the world

“I haven’t heard anything and we are not planning to move from Barca,” Joorabchian confirmed in an interview with The world of sports. “We believe Coutinho can contribute to a successful season [at Barcelona]. “

The comments are a change in attitude from Joorabchian, who earlier this year opened the door to a move away from Camp Nou for his client.

Talk to Sky Sports in the summer, Joorabchian said: “He has the desire to return to the Premier League at some point.

“We’re still waiting for the season to end before we start talking about anything about the transfer. I’ve always said he likes playing in the Premier League; he’s really enjoyed his time at Liverpool.

“If there is an opportunity to return to the Premier League, whether it be this year or in the future, he will definitely see that.”

Joorabchian interview with Sky Sports came at a time when his client loaned to Bayern was almost over, and his future was in the air.

He has since been welcomed back at Barca this season.

Prior to Sunday’s Liga clash with Osasuna, in which Coutinho started and scored in a 4-0 win, the 28-year-old has made eight appearances in all competitions – with two goals to his name – despite a month’s absence this season. with a hamstring injury.

Barca reportedly need to sell to finance the purchase of a player, and Coutinho is a valuable asset, but if he continues to impress the club may choose to move someone else in front of the Brazilian star.

.



image source

Flick hopes Coutinho will be fit to play for Bayern again this season after an ankle injury report | Instant News


The German boss is optimistic that the Brazilian midfielder will be ready to contribute when the Bundesliga resumes next weekend

Hans Flick has expressed his hope that Philippe Coutinho will be fit to play again Bayern Munich this season amid reports of a setback in recovery from ankle surgery.

Coutinho joined Bayern on loan from Barcelona last summer, after a disappointing first season at Camp Nou after a big move from Liverpool in January 2018.

The 27-year-old has not quite recovered his best form at the Allianz Arena, but has shown a flash of brilliance that has made him emerge as one of the best midfielders in Europe during his five-year spell at Anfield.

The article continues below

That Brazil The international has scored eight goals and provided nine assists in 32 appearances in all competitions for Bayern, helping them rise to the top Bundesliga once again while also progressing on both The Champions League and the DFB Cup.

Unfortunately, the impressive team was stalled by the pandemic coronavirus, which caused all major European leagues to close their shops in accordance with the new government law on social distance.

Bayern forces were forced into quarantine in March, and Coutinho has spent most of his time in self-isolation recovering from an ankle injury.

The former Liverpool star was under control in April, before a 14-day time scale was given to rehabilitation, however Mundo Deportivo has reported that he can go out of action for a further six weeks.

Such a scenario would make Coutinho miss the rest of the Bundesliga season, with Bayern returning to the field against Union Berlin next Sunday. However, Flick has delivered positive updates about the progress of the Brazilian playmaker, insisting he can still play a key role in the club’s attack on three trophy fronts.

“Maybe he [Coutinho] can still be in the last game of the season, “said the Bayern boss Kicker.

Regardless of whether Coutinho can return on time for the end of the campaign, it has been reported that Bayern will not take the option to sign him permanently in the summer transfer window.

Thiago still hopes that Barca outcasts will remain at the Allianz Stadium though, has been impressed with the impact he has had over the past 10 months.

The Bayern star tells La Vanguardia from his team mate: “He lacks nothing. I like to play with players at the top level and he is a phenomenon. He is a great man, works very hard, with unbeatable techniques and extraordinary completion. Players go through moments good times and some are not very good and he brings us a lot. We hope he is here next season too. “

.



image source