Tag Archives: plan

The NHS aims to vaccinate 15 million in five weeks | Instant News


People queue to receive a shot of the COVID-19 vaccine at the NHS mass coronavirus vaccination center at the Millennium Point center in Birmingham, England on January 11, 2021. [Photo/Agencies]

The largest immunization program in the nation’s history aims to defuse a pandemic situation

The United Kingdom has announced plans to vaccinate “tens of millions of people in the spring” as part of the largest immunization program in British history.

The government published details of its COVID-19 vaccination plan this week, announcing that the UK will increase capacity to 2 million injections per week during this month.

The UK aims to vaccinate around 15 million people by February 15, including those over 70 years of age and over, the National Health Service and care workers, and those who are clinically vulnerable.

No one has to travel more than 16 kilometers to the vaccine site, the government promises, and a mobile team of health workers will be dispatched to reach those living in remote areas.

Seven vaccination centers are opening in the UK this week, and the government intends to open an additional 50 by the end of the month, along with 1,200 local vaccine sites that will support more than 200 active hospital sites.

“Our UK COVID-19 vaccine delivery plan maps our route back to normalcy, but that doesn’t mean we can be complacent and it is imperative that everyone adheres to the restrictions in the coming weeks,” said UK Health Secretary Matt Hancock. “The next few months will provide a significant opportunity to turn the tide of the battle against COVID-19.”

The three COVID-19 inoculations permitted for use in the UK – which include the Pfizer, Moderna and Oxford vaccines – require two doses, and as of Sunday 1.96 million first doses and 375,000 second doses have been administered across the UK, according to the NHS.

A person receives an injection of the COVID-19 vaccine at the NHS mass coronavirus vaccination center at Robertson House in Stevenage, Hertfordshire, England on January 11, 2021. [Photo/Agencies]

Hancock told Sky News that supply was a major limiting factor in increasing vaccine coverage, which currently runs at a rate of about 200,000 treatments per day.

The UK is the first European country to approve the Pfizer and Oxford vaccines, and has been a pioneer in the region in terms of vaccine coverage. By comparison, Germany’s second best European player has delivered a total of 553,000 shots on Sunday.

The UK’s vaccination plan comes during a national lockdown, after a new, more contagious strain of the coronavirus contributed to a severe spike in infections. Hospital capacity was more than 40 percent above its peak during the first wave last March, and on Friday Britain recorded the deadliest day of the pandemic so far, when 1,325 deaths from COVID-19 were confirmed.

“We have faced some critical moments during our battle against the Coronavirus. But right now, the country is probably facing the most serious. A new, more contagious variant of this disease is spreading rapidly across the country and has tragic consequences,” the British chief. Medical Officer Chris Whitty said in a statement. “The advice now is unambiguous: to push numbers, we have to stay home except for work, exercise and other essential activities.”

.



image source

Work on Karachi’s Transformation Plan begins | Instant News


KARACHI – Planning and Development Minister Asad Umar said the promises made by the federal government to the Karachi people were being fulfilled as implementation work under the Karachi Transformation Plan had begun.

He spoke with reporters in Karachi after receiving 50 modern fire fighting vehicles and two water boats at the Karachi Port Trust imported from China by the federal government to Karachi. Maritime Affairs Minister Ali Haider Zaidi, Information Technology Minister Amin-ul-Haq and Sindh Governor Imran Ismail also attended the occasion. Asad Umar announced that a bus tender for the Karachi-Green Line Bus Project has been issued and the Green-Line will operate from August this year.

.



image source

Germany has no plans against the Thai king, documents show | Instant News


HAMBURG, Germany – Germany’s foreign ministry issued a written response on January 5 to Wolfgang Schaeuble, president of the Bundestag, Germany’s federal parliament, following a question about King Maha Vajiralongkorn’s inexplicable preference for living in the southwestern German state of Bavaria.

The document has been seen by Nikkei Asia, and strongly indicates that the German government is not planning to fight the Thai king.

King Vajiralongkorn has returned to Thailand since October, and the palace has not made any announcements regarding possible future travel plans. Before returning, the king settled almost permanently in Bavaria.

On October 26, thousands of young protesters came to the German embassy in Bangkok, demanding an investigation into the king’s activities in Germany, and whether they violated German law. Demonstrators also want to know whether their king is responsible for taxing German inheritance after the death of his revered father, King Bhumibol Adulyadej, in October 2016.

Foreign Minister Heiko Maas previously said the authorities would “permanently review what happened and act immediately if anything we deemed to be illegal was found.”

Sevim Dagdelen, one of King Vajiralongkorn’s strongest critics in the Bundestag, and a Left Party representative on his foreign affairs committee, asked parliamentary researchers to look at the legal implications of the unprecedented situation involving foreign heads of state. The study was published on November 18, but it is only now that the foreign ministry has issued an official response refuting its findings that the German government can act against the king if they want.

“The federal government has conveyed its hope to the Thai side that during this stay there will be no decision-making on German soil that is contrary to German law, international law or internationally guaranteed human rights,” the foreign ministry said. “The federal government does not see any concrete indicators that the Thai king while living in Germany has undertaken this kind of state business.”

The ministry said it had no information about the possible conduct of Thai state affairs from Germany, or about the fate of a number of dissidents and confidants who had died. “The federal government has no information other than what has been reported in the media,” he said.

The main problem was the nature of the monarch’s visa, and the conditions under which he was allowed to live in Germany. The foreign ministry stated that King Vajiralongkorn did require a visa to visit when he was crown prince, but this no longer applies when he becomes head of state. Reports after a Bundestag research study say that as king he lived in Germany on a personal visa.

The Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl Bavaria in Garmisch-Partenkirchen has been home to King Maha Vajiralongkorn and his entourage several times. © AP

A late foreign ministry clarification erased earlier reports that Germany could affect the duration of King Vajiralongkorn’s stay or pressure him to appoint a regent in Thailand while he is abroad. Speculation about the appointment of a district head to get future visas to be issued now seems groundless. In early 2017, before signing a new constitution that was approved by a national referendum in August 2016, the king had a national legislative assembly that was compliant and was not elected according to the old requirements for a bupati to be appointed when the king was abroad or unavailable.

The foreign ministry refused to respond to questions based on a report in October in the Swiss daily, Neue Zuericher Zeitung, that the king had taken direct command of the two main regiments in Bangkok – a development that was widely reported in other media. “Any disclosure of detailed information could undermine bilateral relations and the foreign policy interests of the Federal Republic of Germany,” the ministry said.

The ministry finally responded to student protest demands starting in October for an investigation into the king’s tax status, and examined the apparent violation of COVID-19 regulations while staying in luxury Bavarian hotels with alleged harems during Germany’s first lockdown in early 2020. It essentially evades the question by pointing out that inheritance taxes and gifts, as well as enforcement of COVID-19 regulations, fall under the jurisdiction of the federal states of Germany, not the central government in Berlin.

“Foreign Minister Heiko Maas must announce a strange Thai king persona non grata if he wants to prevent the king from continuing his reign of terror off German soil, either as a private person or a diplomat, “Dagdelen told the Nikkei.

Wolfram Schaffar, a Thailand expert at the University of Tuebingen, also expressed disappointment with the foreign ministry. He said no one doubted Thailand’s 2019 general elections were flawed, and that the constitution – which was drawn up on orders from the military after a coup in 2014 – was undemocratic.

“Although experts and analysts are united in their opinion, the German government continues to pursue its policy of making Prayuth Chan-ocha, the coup leader-turned prime minister, emerge as head of the legitimate government and international partner,” said Schaffar.

Felix Heiduk, a senior fellow at the German Institute for International and Security Affairs, views the ministry’s letter as a simple reflection from the perspective of the German government: As long as there is no evidence of wrongdoing, any concrete action against the king will be extremely dangerous in the national interest of Germany.

“Meanwhile, the worsening COVID-19 situation in Germany has pushed the topic away from the agenda,” Heiduk said. “That will only change if the situation in Thailand will escalate and the king plays a key role in the escalation.”

Government spokesmen in Bangkok have not yet responded to the Nikkei at the time this article was posted.

.



image source

How are the traffic plans in Karachi for New Year’s Eve? | Instant News


KARACHI: The traffic plan for New Year’s Eve has been issued by the Karachi traffic police.

The day before, the ban was fired from the air and it was announced that all restaraunts and business centers would be closed after 8pm.

This was decided in a meeting chaired by Karachi Commissioner Navaid Ahmed Shaikh to review security arrangements for New Year’s Eve.

This year, none of the main roads were closed to traffic.

Traffic police said anyone riding a motorbike without silencers would be turned over to the police.

Police will be deployed in all areas of Karachi from 8pm today to 3am tomorrow.

Traffic from Sea View McDonald’s to the Village hotel will be one-way, according to plans, while parking will be prohibited on Sea View, Sharae Faisal, Abdullah Haroon Road and Ziaud Din Ahmed Road, officials said.

Parking is also not allowed on Mai Kolachi Street, Korangi Street and MT Khan.

The aerial shooting will be charged with attempted murder

For the aerial shooting ban, the police have provided a WhatsApp number (03435142770) where you can send a video of anyone participating in the celebratory shootout.

Last week, Karachi police announced that an attempted murder case would be registered against anyone taking part in a celebratory fire on New Year’s Eve.

This is a new strategy adopted by the Karachi police to maintain law and order.

.



image source

Covid 19 coronavirus: New Zealand scientists criticize anti-lockdown letters in top medical journals | Instant News


New Zealand

Scientists around the world are racing to develop a vaccine for Covid-19. The Chinese company, Sinovac, provides rare access to how it is made. Video / Sky News / Getty

The anti-lockdown letter in one of New Zealand’s best medical journals by “Covid Plan B” academics has drawn derision from the Ministry of Health’s top advisor.

Letters to editors in the NZ Journal of Primary Health Care from academics of several top universities stated New Zealand was “one of the few countries pursuing the elimination of Covid-19” and “eradicating livelihoods and livelihoods”.

Co-authors of the letter include two senior lecturers of public health at the University of Auckland, an AUT University professor of public health and a University of Victoria law professor.

Up to 150 protesters took to the streets of Auckland to protest against wearing masks and lockdowns. Video / Ben Leahy

Among the claims debated in the letter are that a safe and effective vaccine is “at most four years away” and that lost workers’ income through elimination strategies will result in a “330-fold greater loss of life” than a less severe smoothing-curve approach. .

A swift response by the Ministry of Health’s chief science adviser, Dr Ian Town, rebuked the letter in the December 22 issue of the NZ Journal of Primary Health Care.

“There was no mention of the adverse health effects of the virus, the direct and indirect effects of death, or the impact on health services and staff,” Town said of the letter.

“Readers will note that scientists in Sweden are openly questioning their approach to dealing with the rapidly increasing cases and deaths.”

The City of Ian is the chief science advisor at the Ministry of Health.
The City of Ian is the chief science advisor at the Ministry of Health.

Town stated that the ministry “disagrees” with the Plan B letter “as do many epidemiologists, officials and advisers in New Zealand and globally”.

“Much of the decline in national income levels during the lockdown will prove to be temporary, so it makes no sense that it will lead to a drop in life expectancy,” wrote Town.

The lead author of the Plan B anti-lockdown letter is Dr. Gerhard Sundborn, senior lecturer in public health at the University of Auckland.  Photo / Provided
The lead author of the Plan B anti-lockdown letter is Dr. Gerhard Sundborn, senior lecturer in public health at the University of Auckland. Photo / Provided

The lead author of the Plan B anti-lockdown letter is Dr. Gerhard Sundborn, senior lecturer in public health at the University of Auckland.

Sundborn told the Herald that the reason for the letter was to convey to the Government that it believed the elimination strategy “in the long run can do more harm than good”.

“It’s already costing $ 60 billion,” said Sundborn.

“If we continue to use lockdowns to address the potential for an outbreak that could be triggered by four people in Auckland experiencing community transmission, then it will increase massively.”

Sundborn said he believed the Government might as well personally step back from the elimination response based on a recent example of community transmission in New Zealand that had not resulted in a lockdown.

“We thought there might have been steps to contain it without being locked down but I thought it would be good to communicate it clearly to the public because I thought it would reduce the anxiety felt across the country,” said Sundborn.

University of Auckland lecturer public health and epidemiologist and letter writer Dr Simon Thornley said he was confident “vaccine rollout will take some time”.

“I think it’s pretty clear they’ve basically used up all of our rainy day money. We’ve never spent so much money in such a short time,” Thornley said.

“Locking up is bad value for money in terms of what we usually consider to be a good buy for health gain.

“Obviously there are downsides to locking up society, there are health effects, economic implications such as jobs, recessions. We live in a society that is more than just a response to Covid.”

Professor Michael Baker is an epidemiologist and public health doctor at the University of Otago.  Photo / Provided
Professor Michael Baker is an epidemiologist and public health doctor at the University of Otago. Photo / Provided

But the University of Otago’s public health professor, Michael Baker, told the Herald that the letter was barely fit for publication because of its inaccuracy and, according to him, the author lives in an alternate reality.

“I assumed that the article couldn’t be peer reviewed, because there were things in it that simply didn’t make sense,” said Baker.

“I don’t know what they are basing their claim on. I mean just to start, as soon as you say ‘There is no hope for a vaccine’, and they pretty much say that, or ‘That’s very unlikely’, when the world seems to be inundated by an outstanding vaccine candidate. I mean, you must be starting to doubt the credibility of the entire argument. “

In the letter, the Plan B group claims “a vaccine may never happen. After 37 years and billions of dollars invested, an HIV vaccine remains elusive.”

Baker also criticized the logic of the Plan B group’s focus on the economic impact of the lockdown, saying you need to assess those costs in the context of all other alternatives.

“What economists always say is, it’s not about whether something costs a lot of money or not. But is there a better alternative that will get you better and cheaper results,” said Baker.

“If you don’t have that alternative, you better stick with Plan A, rather than shoot at this planet B which appears to have a completely alternative logic structure.

“That’s what I find almost outrageous, that university academics put out material that is so poorly debated and is compelling evidence in a very selective and absurd way.”

.



image source