SAMAA Digital explains the procedure to you
Sohail Khan – Posted: 14 Apr 2021 | Last Updated: 2 hours ago
Posted: 14 Apr 2021 | Last Updated: 2 hours ago
Land encroachment has become a major problem in Karachi. Many citizens have been robbed of their life savings by the mafia who illegally occupy public and private property in the city.
But here is a simple procedure that people can use to contact the Karachi Development Authority for restoration of their land.
Estate & Enforcement Cell KDA handles encroachment on KDA’s land. Communities can register their complaints with the KDA E&E office by following these simple steps:
- They must visit the KDA E&E director’s office on the 3rd floor of the Civic Center building along with all documents. KDA is only responsible for acquiring plots before the recipient gets ownership. Once handed over, the responsibility rests with the recipients
- Attach a written complaint along with a document detailing the plot location and allocations
- The Director of KDA E&E will verify documents from the KDA Land Department and issue an order to eliminate encroachment. The process takes 15 to 20 days
- After the issuance of the order to eliminate encroachment, the KDA team set a date for anti-encroachment efforts
- The KDA team notified the regional police before reaching the location to clear encroachment
For property transfers and transfers, the public can visit the KDA Land Department. It is also located on the 3rd floor of the Civic Center building.
KDA recently appointed Khalid Zafar Hashmi as director of its Land Management. As a Class-19 officer, Hashmi served at the KDA Estate & Enforcement Cell. He replaces Atta Abbas who was recently sentenced to seven years in prison in the Lines Area Resettlement Project plot fraud case.
Arshad Abbas, another Class-19 officer, has been assigned as director of KDA E&E. Abbas replaces Zahoor Marri, who had served as a representative.
Karachi, KDA, encroachment, encroached plots, plots, land, land grabbing, land mafia