Tag Archives: previous

Switzerland- Theft hit a record low in 2020 but violent crime is on the rise | Instant News


(MENAFN – Swissinfo) The total number of criminal offenses reported in Switzerland in 2020 fell slightly compared to the previous year, national statistics show. But the police remain busy ensuring residents respect the government’s Covid-19 restrictions.

Content published March 22, 2021 – 11:19 March 22, 2021 – 11:19 swissinfo.ch/ug View in other languages: 1

Theft fell by nearly 10% compared to 2019 to around 33,000 cases. This is in line with the ongoing downward trend. However, the number of violent crimes reported to the police, including murder, rape and serious physical assault increased by nearly 9% to 1,668 over the same period.

The figures are compiled annually are published by the Federal Statistical Office and the regional police External link service.

Nearly 24,400 online violations were also reported last year, according to police crime statistics.

More than 16,000 cases involved cyber fraud, particularly related to online shopping, real estate advertising and romance scams, the office said in an External link statement on Monday.

The commander-in-chief of Swiss police, Mark Burkhard, welcomed the drop in overall crime reported.

More

More

Fifty features of democracy: can you measure the strength of the people?

Can we really say who has the ‘best’ democracy?

However, he noted that enforcing anti-Covid restrictions remains a challenge for the police.

He warned not to underestimate the police’s efforts in this area, even though it is not shown in the annual statistics.

MENAFN22032021000210011054ID1101793095

Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, license, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.

.



image source

SHC requests an SBCA report on SOP formulation prior to approval of building plans | Instant News


The Sindh High Court (SHC) has directed the Sindh Building Control Authority (SBCA) to submit a progress report on the formulation of standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure that certain requirements are met, including obtaining a certificate of no objection from the civil defense and fire departments, prior to development plans. whatever is approved.

Hearing the petition regarding the application of safety legislation under the Building Code of Pakistan, the SHC division chair led by Judge Mohammad Ali Mazhar asked the SBCA director general (DG) about the state of compliance with the court’s directive.

The director of SBCA environmental and building services said that the SBCA Directorate General had held a meeting with civil defense officials and also put in place some appropriate suggestions and suggestions to ensure that in every apartment, commercial and industrial building, there is a provision for fire exits. the door to deal with any emergency.

The firefighter informed the high court that he had also submitted a proposal to include fire safety before the approval letter was issued for the building.

The SHC directs SBCA to submit a final progress report related to the formulation of safety SOPs.

An adviser to the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation submitted that 10 fire tenders had been repaired and 52 had been provided by the federal government. He said 26 fire tenders had been dedicated to 14 industrial zones in Karachi to meet urgent needs.

KMC lawyers noted that there was a shortage of manpower to operate all fire tenders and despite notification to the local agency, no action was taken to increase strength at the KMC fire department.

The high court ordered additional local government secretaries to appear before the court and submit comments regarding the shortage of firefighting staff at KMC.

The SHC also directed the Office of the Commissioner to submit a report relating to the appointment of a judge under the civil defense law in each district to identify any non-compliance with the law.

Representatives of the Office of the Commissioners said that the appointment of judges must be made on the recommendation of the head of the high court. The SHC directs the Office of the Commissioner to submit a progress report on whether the competent authorities have forwarded references to court clerks for the appointment of judges under civil defense law.

A legal officer notified SHC that the task force was conducting a vigilant inspection to ensure that fire safety measures were adopted by all commercial and industrial establishments. The high court directed the task force to continue their operations in the future, and postponed the trial until April 8.

SHC has previously been notified that three-level task forces at the divisional, district and sub-district levels have been formed to inspect high-rise buildings, factories and industries either on personal complaint or on its own motion to ensure that all fire safety measures are taken in place. such a place.

.



image source

Covid 19 coronavirus: COVID-19 patients died in hospital, two new cases in managed isolation | Instant News


The Health Ministry has revealed that a person who previously tested positive for Covid-19 had died after being hospitalized for treatment for a “serious condition not related to Covid-19”.

There are two new cases of Covid-19 in managed isolation and there are no new cases in society at this time.

The ministry said in its daily 1pm update that it was “deeply saddened to confirm” the death of a patient with Covid-19 at North Shore Hospital.

The statement added: “The patient was transferred from a Managed Isolation Facility to hospital-level care for the treatment of serious conditions unrelated to Covid-19 on February 5.

“This person then returned a positive COVID-19 result after entering. This positive result has been reported before.

“Patients talk to families every day, either by zoom or telephone.”

Director General of Health Dr Ashley Bloomfield said: “On behalf of New Zealanders, I want to acknowledge the loss of this family.

“This is a time for all of us to give deep sympathy, while respecting the privacy of our family.”

Meanwhile, the Ministry said the new confirmed cases were linked to a person who traveled from India, via the United Arab Emirates, on February 9.

The number of confirmed cases in the country is 1972. The total number of tests processed by the laboratory to date is 1,583,469.

As of Friday, the lab processed 4,683 tests.

Of Friday’s cases in managed isolation cases, one arrived on January 26 from the UK and traveled via Singapore. They tested positive around day 16.

Yesterday, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern revealed that New Zealand’s frontline border workers will start receiving the first Covid-19 vaccinations from next Saturday.

Starting February 20, border workers and MIQ in Auckland will be offered the Pfizer / BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine.

Speaking to media in Auckland this morning, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said it would take about two to three weeks for 12,000 frontline workers to receive the injections.

After the launch is complete, their family members will be offered vaccinations.

“Health and care workers and those most at risk of Covid-19 will follow in the second quarter, before vaccination of the wider population in the second half of this year,” Ardern said.

He added that the full vaccination program would take a whole year to roll out as a whole.

“This will be New Zealand’s largest vaccination campaign.”

Today is the first time the Government has set any timetable for vaccine launches.

The only new Covid case yesterday arrived on February 8 from the US. Infections were retrieved as a result of day 0 testing.

Premium Subscription

.



image source

Switzerland- The CHEOPS telescope reveals a new planet orbiting a star | Instant News


(MENAFN – Swissinfo) A Swiss-designed telescope traveling aboard the CHEOPS space satellite has revealed three previously undiscovered planets orbiting a distant star, whose physical composition raises questions about how the planetary system formed.

This content is published on 26 January 2021 – 10:52 26 January 2021 – 10:52 swissinfo.ch/mga View in other languages: 1

Previous observations of the star TOI-178 point to a three planet system. CHEOPS immediately discovered two other planets, with the five planets orbiting the star in different time spans (two, three, six, ten, and 20 days) but aligned with each other.

Scientists believe that there are other planets that could exist with orbital periods of 15 days. The CHEOPS telescope avoided a close collision with space debris to confirm the hypothesis and reveal the sixth planet.

More

More

MENAFN26012021000210011054ID1101496114

Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.

.



image source

The opposition’s dream of overthrowing the government before the Senate elections was not fulfilled: Ch. Sarwar | Instant News


INP

20.22 | 06 December 2020

Punjab governor Chaudhry Mohammad Sarwar said the opposition’s dream of overthrowing the government before Senate elections would never be fulfilled.

He said, “The Senate and general elections will be held on time. The PTI government does not believe in political revenge and neither has been the target of political revenge. “

Chaudhry Sarwar spoke to the media in Model Town on Sunday and addressed the event in connection with the death anniversary of Maulana Safdar Hussain Najafi, the founding president of the Federation of Shia Madrasas, and Chehlum of Allama Niaz Naqvi.

The governor of Punjab said it would be better if the PDM reconsidered their decision to stage demonstrations so that the country could survive the Corona situation like in America. It is the responsibility of government agencies to ensure the rule of law. If the opposition tries to take the law into their own hands, tough action will be taken, he warned.

He said Prime Minister Imran Khan has a clear and firm policy that there is no compromise on transparent accountability and eliminating corruption. If the opposition wants to end the accountability process, it will never happen. No matter how many rallies they hold, the government will finish its term of office.

Answering a question, Chaudhry Sarwar said he wanted to tell all opposition parties including PML-N that only people who live are involved in politics so people should think about their lives first. The current situation is not about politics but about fighting Corona.

Speaking at the death anniversary ceremony of Maulana Safdar Hussain Najafi, Founding President of the Federation of Shia Madrasah and Chehlum Allama Niaz Naqvi, the governor of Punjab said that both personalities serve Islam and humanity. These two scholars are the driving force for the unity of the ummah and unifying the Muslims.

He said that all religions and sects must live together in Pakistan and we must work together for the unity of the Muslim Ummah. The role of the Ulama in protecting non-Muslim minorities and raising awareness about Corona is commendable.

.



image source