Tag Archives: prince

Buy once, buy well? Prince Charles launched a sustainable and expensive fashion line | Instant News


Entering the world of fashion is difficult at any age, but especially difficult for older people. But ahead of his 72nd birthday, Prince Charles has launched a sustainable clothing line.

“I have always believed in the ‘buy once, buy well’ philosophy,” the Prince of Wales told the Telegraph newspaper in an interview. In another interview with Vogue magazine, the Prince of Wales talked about how he hates to throw away anything and prefers to fix things that are outdated.

Under the new line of price tags, most people who buy clothes have to be greener and wear the same clothes over and over again simply because they can’t afford anything else.

Only one item in the 18-piece collection that debuted in collaboration with Yoox Net-a-Porter for less than $ 500 – a women’s cord-knitted cashmere turtleneck sweater for $ 475.

Merino wool coat and cashmere blends? Be prepared to pay around $ 1,500.

Charles and his educational charity have teamed up to create the Modern Artisan Project, which aims to promote the skills of British and Italian students in textiles, according to a statement from the foundation.

Profits from the collection will be donated to support The Prince’s Foundation, according to the Net-a-Porter website.

.



image source

Macron Says Old Belarusian Leader ‘Must Go’ | Instant News



Riot police detain a protester during an opposition rally to protest against the presidential inauguration in Minsk, Belarus, Wednesday, September 23, 2020. Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko has been sworn in for his sixth term at an unannounced inauguration ceremony ahead amid massive protests over weeks of saying that the authoritarian leader’s re-election was rigged. Hundreds of people took to the streets in several cities at night to protest the inauguration. (AP / TUT.by Photo)

France is increasing pressure on long-time Belarusian leader Alexander Lukashenko, with President Emmanuel Macron telling the leading French weekly that “Lukashenko must leave.”

The European Union said Thursday it did not recognize Lukashenko as the president of Belarus because of massive protests by Belarusians who questioned the outcome of last month’s presidential election which Lukashenko claims he won so much. Opposition members and some polling officials in Belarus say the vote was rigged.

Ahead of Monday’s trip to Lithuania and Latvia, Macron was quoted as saying in the Journal du Dimanche newspaper on Sunday as saying it was “clear that Lukashenko had to leave.”

“What is happening in Belarus is a crisis of power, an authoritarian force that cannot accept the logic of democracy and endures violence,” the paper quoted Macron as saying.

In a speech Saturday before the UN General Assembly, Belarus’ foreign minister warned Western countries against meddling or imposing sanctions over the country’s disputed presidential election and government crackdown on protesters.

Thousands of Belarusians have taken part in major rallies since the August 9 elections, which they say were rigged in support of Lukashenko, who has been in power for 26 years and has just taken secret oaths of office for a new term.

.



image source

UN: Global Workers Lose $ 3.5 Trillion in Wages Amid Pandemic | Instant News


The coronavirus pandemic is having a bigger impact on jobs than previously feared, the United Nations said on Wednesday, with hundreds of millions of jobs lost and workers suffering a “massive” drop in income.

In a new study, the International Labor Organization (ILO) found that by the midpoint of the year, global working hours had fallen 17.3 percent compared to last December – the equivalent of nearly 500 million full-time jobs.

That is nearly 100 million more jobs equivalent than the figure estimated by the ILO in June, when it was estimated that 14 percent of working hours would be lost by the end of the second three-month period this year.

“The impact has been catastrophic,” ILO chief Guy Ryder told reporters in a virtual briefing, pointing out that global labor income has shrunk by 10.7 percent during the first nine months of this year compared to the same period in 2019.

That translates to an estimated $ 3.5 trillion, or 5.5 percent reduction in total global gross domestic product (GDP), the ILO said.

Since emerging in China late last year, the new coronavirus has killed nearly a million people worldwide from the more than 31 million infected.

In addition to health challenges, lockdowns, travel restrictions and other measures taken to contain the virus have had a devastating effect on jobs and incomes around the world.

The ILO also warned that the outlook for the last three months of 2020 has “deteriorated significantly” since its last report in June.

The organization previously estimated that global working hours would be 4.9 percent lower in the fourth quarter than a year earlier, but said it now expects an 8.6 percent decline, which corresponds to 245 million full-time jobs.

This explains that workers in developing countries and emerging economies, especially those working in informal jobs, are more affected than in the previous crisis.

The ILO also pointed out that although many of the most stringent workplace closures have been relaxed, 94 percent of the world’s workers are in countries where some sort of workplace restriction remains in place.

Dan Sangheon Lee, head of the ILO’s labor policy division, warned that the labor situation could worsen.

If the second wave of infections brings tighter restrictions and new lockdowns, he said, “the impact on the labor market could be comparable to the magnitude we saw in the second quarter of this year”.

Ryder warned those encouraging policymakers to focus on the economy rather than health in response to the pandemic.

“It is very clear … that the capacity and speed of the global economy to emerge from a labor market slump is closely linked to our capacity to contain the pandemic,” he said.

“These two things are very closely related, and we must act on that understanding.”

Meanwhile, the ILO report shows that the labor market crash could be worse without the many fiscal stimulus packages provided by the government.

Without such stimulus efforts – totaling about $ 9.6 trillion globally – global working hours would have shrunk by a full 28 percent in the second quarter, he said.

But he warned that fiscal stimulus was being delivered very unevenly, with low and middle-income countries receiving about $ 982 billion less in overall support than their wealthy counterparts.

Ryder urged international efforts to close the loophole, insisting that “no group, country or region can resolve this crisis alone.”

.



image source

Meghan Markle, Archewell Prince Harry trademark for showbiz projects | Instant News


Meghan Markle, Archewell Prince Harry trademark for showbiz projects

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have already registered the name as a trademark for their non-profit charitable organization Archewell for different purposes.

During the recent round of applications for Sussexes’, Harry and Megan were applied to the trademark Fund “shows” and “movies”, according to Daily Mail columnist Richard Eden.

This means that former royals plan to do some projects in the entertainment industry.

Couples application at the intellectual property office in London includes other potential enterprises such as “digital entertainment content”, “provide web site information in the field of physical culture” and the site “of information in the field of nutrition, General health and mental health”, – is spoken in Eden.

As has told a source close to Harry and Megan, “Archewell will be huge. Harry and Megan will use it to support many causes that they feel passionately about.”

“It is a global organization with international ambitions,” added the insider.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex has announced the launch of a nonprofit charitable Archewell, shortly after moving to Los Angeles.

This step was taken after their exit from the Royal family at the beginning of this

.



image source

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry paved the way to enter showbiz, hinting at the brand manager | Instant News


Archewell gave a big clue about the future of Harry and Meghan Markle in this industry

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle after their relocation to Los Angeles continues to make fans worry about the possibility of their future involvement in the entertainment industry.

Their non-profit organization, Archewell, gave the main signal about the couple’s future dyeing in the industry because their aides filed applications for trademarks in clothing and stationery. However, it has now been revealed that Archewell may self-publish articles, books, magazines while also producing television shows, podcasts, and films that emphasize educational values.

Ben Kaplan, a viral marketing and branding expert, said that some of the applications filled by the two are merely protective measures to ensure that no one else benefits from their label.

He further dropped the pair’s instructions paving the way to film and TV, as he said Express.co.uk: “I think we can deduce the general direction they are going but not specific. To fill in the trademark application, their lawyers need to have a general idea of ​​the types of activities they can do but only from a very high level.”

“For any celebrity brand, the aim is to make the registered activities as broad as possible without reducing the possibility that they are actually approved,” he said.

“So consider the list of activities in the trademark application as more than the menu they can choose from,” he continued.

“They will not pursue everything that is mentioned, but it defines the options they have when they make decisions and narrow their focus,” he added.

“Because they now live in LA, whatever is mentioned in the trademark application related to entertainment and media, now has a greater chance of that happening.”

.



image source