Fazlur Rehman, Mahmood Achakzai agreed to stage a national protest after Eid
ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – Chairman of the Pashtoonkhwa Party Milli Awami (PKMAP) Mahmood Khan Achakzai contacted PDM chairman Maulana Fazlur Rehman and asked about his health. The two leaders agreed to launch a national protest movement after Eid.
In detail, the two leaders discussed the political situation in the country and agreed to stage a national protest after Eid.
Mahmood Achakzai said that our aim is not to remove Imran Khan but to change the system.
Meanwhile Maulana Fazlur Rehman is in a healthier condition and has decided to start party activities on a limited scale.
Nineteen people have been sentenced to death in Myanmar for killing a fellow military captain, said military-owned TV station Myawaddy, the first public sentence announced since the February 1 coup and the crackdown on protesters.
More than 600 people have been killed by Myanmar security forces cracking down on protests against the coup
Ambassadors from 18 countries including Australia have called for the restoration of democracy and the release of political prisoners
The UN Security Council has warned that Myanmar is on the verge of “state collapse”
The report said the killings took place on March 27 in the Okkalapa North district of Yangon, Myanmar’s largest city. Martial law has been imposed in the district, allowing military courts to hand down sentences.
The military ruler who overthrew the elected government said his campaign of protest against his rule was waning because people wanted peace and would hold elections in two years, the first time frame given for a return to democracy.
Troops fired rifle grenades at anti-coup protesters in the town of Bago, near Yangon, witnesses and news reports said.
At least 10 people were killed and their bodies piled inside the pagoda, they said.
Myanmar Now News and Mawkun, an online news magazine, said at least 20 people were killed and many injured.
Junta spokesman Brigadier General Zaw Min Tun told a press conference in the capital, Naypyitaw, that the country was back to normal and that government ministries and banks would soon be fully operational.
More than 600 people have been killed by security forces cracking down on protests against the coup, according to an activist group. The country came to a standstill due to protests and widespread strikes against military rule.
“The reason for reducing the protests is because of the cooperation of people who want peace, which we value,” said General Zaw Min Tun.
“We ask people to cooperate with the security forces and help them.”
He said the military had recorded 248 deaths and he denied that automatic weapons had been used. Sixteen policemen were also killed, he said.
Foreign ambassadors called for the restoration of democracy
The Political Prisoners Assistance Association (AAPP) activist group said 614 people, including 48 children, had been killed by security forces since the coup, through Thursday evening (local time).
More than 2,800 people were detained, he said.
“We are humbled by their courage and dignity,” said a group of 18 ambassadors in Myanmar about the protesters in a joint statement.
“We stand together to support the hopes and aspirations of all those who believe in a free, just, peaceful and democratic Myanmar. Violence must be stopped, all political prisoners must be released and democracy must be restored.”
The statement was signed by the ambassadors of the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, Switzerland and several other European countries.
“Advice from neighboring countries and big countries as well as powerful people in politics, we respect them,” said General Zaw Min Tun.
He also accused members of the National League for Democracy ousted by leader Aung San Suu Kyi of setting fire and said the protest campaign was financed by foreign money, but gave no details.
Suu Kyi and many of her fellow party members have been detained since the coup.
General Zaw Min Tun said reports that some members of the international community did not recognize the military government were “fake news”.
“We cooperate with foreign countries and cooperate with neighboring countries,” the spokesman said.
Pressure is growing on the UN Security Council to act
The ousted Myanmar politician urged the UN Security Council to take action against the military.
“Our people are ready to pay whatever it costs to regain their rights and freedoms,” said Zin Mar Aung, who has been appointed acting foreign minister for a group of ousted politicians.
He urged council members to apply direct and indirect pressure on the junta.
“Myanmar is on the brink of state failure, state collapse,” Richard Horsey, a senior Myanmar adviser at the International Crisis Group, said at an informal UN meeting, the first public discussion on Myanmar by a council member.
The UN’s special envoy to Myanmar, Christine Schraner Burgener, wanted to visit the country but said she had been rejected by the generals.
He said on Friday he had arrived in Bangkok, the capital of neighboring Thailand.
“I’m sorry the Tatmadaw answered me yesterday because they weren’t ready to accept me,” Schraner Burgener said on Twitter, referring to the Myanmar military.
“I am ready for dialogue. Violence has never resulted in a sustainable, peaceful solution.”
The Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) held a massive anti-encroachment operation on Sunday morning in the Gulistan-e-Zafar Society of the East District to clean up the Manzoor Nullah Colony. The residents of the area protested against the operation and caused obstacles in it.
Heavy equipment is used to destroy large residential and commercial units in the presence of large numbers of officials from law enforcement agencies. The deputy commissioner of the East district has written letters to the director general of Sindh, director of the anti-encroachment force of the Revenue Council, relevant K-Electric officials and several other city agencies regarding providing security and equipment for operations.
In accordance with an order issued by Pakistan’s Supreme Court, anti-encroachment operations are scheduled to be held in the Gulistan-e-Zafar neighborhood in coordination with the KMC from 9am on Sunday until the completion of the task.
According to the letter of the deputy commissioner of the East District, the senior director of the anti-encroachment cell of the KMC will lead the operation under the overall supervision of the assistant commissioner of the East District Ferozabad region.
A sufficient number of police officers have been asked to accompany the anti-encroachment team to avoid any unwanted incidents. KMC has planned operations to ensure the smooth flow of water during the rainy season.
Among the four choking spots that led to the sinking of Sharea Faisal during last year’s heavy rainfall, Gulistan-e-Zafar was identified as one, with the others being Zehri’s House, Noorani Kabab House and Mehmoodabad. The survey report said that encroachment along Mehmoodabad Nullah had blocked rainwater.
Speaking about Sunday’s operation, KMC’s senior anti-encroachment director, Bashir Siddiqui, said that more than 30 of the bungalows had additional sections built that violated rainwater drains.
He said that this includes the servant’s quarters, the garage and the kitchen. He added that according to their measurements, they need 20 feet on either side of the drain.
The operation took place after negotiations were held between the assistant commissioner of Ferozabad and residents of the area. It was agreed that the residents would voluntarily demolish parts of their houses that exceeded the specified limits.
The parking lot of 18 houses in the neighborhood was also demolished by the KMC anti-encroachment team. According to the municipal agency, houses and commercial units located up to 17 feet from the nullah will be demolished. This condition was also agreed upon by the residents.
Lego thief running near France and the authorities Rounding them up. Parisian Received a report about the Polish group, which is entering the toy store and making money with as many bricks as possible They can do it. Positioning objects include PicWicToys, Maxi Toys and La Grande RécréBack. On June 10, some employees of the Pictic Toys store tried to steal the box, and the security department identified him as an expert, not an ordinary worker. Complaints about similar robberies allege that the thieves stole as much as 20,000 euros at a time. The United States, Canada and Australia have also seen stores targeting similar rings. The publication mentions that in San Diego, a group of experts was actually captured in 2015 worth 60,000 U.S. dollars and 200,000 Euros. So obviously, Lego blocks Business is booming, you can imagine these plans will Will only become more complicated over time.
NPR just reported that there is an international toy thieves gang stealing Lego toys. I have never laughed in the headlines.
An investigator told Le Parisien: “The Lego community is not just made up of children.” “There are a lot of adults playing it. There are swaps and sales on the Internet. We also let people complain about their houses being smashed, Lego It was stolen.”
Another source explained: “The group is making a raid. They arrived in France, settled in a hotel in the Paris area, and searched for toy shops in the area before returning to Poland to sell their goods.”
Lego experts Gerben van IJken and protector Regarding the occurrence of such crimes.
“Investing in these products is nothing new, but with the epidemic, this niche market has reached new heights. Due to health constraints, people have more time at home, and the game market has also seen explosive growth. . We usually have more than 1,000 Lego sales every week.” He began. “There have always been transactions in the Lego market, because it is a high-end toy that attracts many adults, and because the company withdrew their collection about two years after its launch, the second-hand market is inevitable. “
Have you heard this story before? Let us know in the comments!
Thousands of people protested in Stuttgart on Saturday against curbing the virus amid heated debate Germany on tightening action in the face of the third wave of Covid-19.
Protesters, some wearing masks, marched from the city center to the main square in northeastern Stuttgart.
Police in the southwestern city said demonstrators ignored requests to wear masks and adhere to social distancing rules, although there were no reports of major incidents.
The movement against social restrictions, known as “Querdenken (Anti-conformist)”, has been holding regular protests in Germany since the start of the pandemic.
It brings together members of the extreme left and far right alongside conspiracy theorists and anti-vaccination groups.
On March 20, 15,000-20,000 gathered in the city of Kassel, causing clashes with police and multiple arrests.
In Stuttgart, demonstrators on Saturday held banners with the slogan “End Covid dictatorship”.
“It is an exaggeration,” said Evelyn, one of the demonstrators who called for “an end to the lockdown”, adding that she did not believe the official figures for Covid cases and deaths.
Rainer’s parade partner said; “I am against mandatory vaccination.”
The protests came against the backdrop of a heated debate in Germany about increasing Covid restrictions in the face of a surge in infections.
The government is “studying” the possibility of introducing uniform measures across German states “to stop a third wave if regional action is insufficient,” a spokesman said Saturday.
Chancellor Angela Merkel supports strict measures to contain the virus, with an incidence rate of 131 cases per 100,000 people over the past week.
In a recent television interview he called for a curfew, which has never been enforced at the national level, and threatened to impose stricter measures at the federal level if regions, which are responsible for health issues, do not take adequate action.
On Thursday he urged Germans to limit their social contact during the Easter holidays.