Tag Archives: registered

Covid-19: Switzerland has seen a record decline in hotel stays | Instant News


(MENAFN – Swissinfo) The Swiss hotel sector recorded a 40% drop in overnight stays in 2020 compared to 2019. Foreign demand fell by 66% as tourists moved away due to the pandemic, the latest statistics show.

This content is published on 19 February 2021 – 12:21 19 February 2021 – 12:21 Swiss Tourism / Federal Statistical Office / SWI swissinfo.ch/ilj

“The extraordinary context of Covid-19 explains an unprecedented decline at levels not seen since the late 1950s,” the Swiss Federal Statistical Office said in a statement on the FridayExternal link.

Swiss demand fell less drastically (–8.6%) to 16.4 million overnight. Overall, the sector recorded 23.7 million overnight stays for 2020.

Swiss Tourism, the country’s national tourism organization, refers to 2020 as ‘Annus Horribilis’. “This year will remain in the minds of the tourism sector as the biggest challenge since the Second World War,” he said in an External links statement accompanying his press conference on the situation on Friday.

It said the industry had been experiencing months of business closures, very few European guests (6 million / -51%), and almost no foreign tourists. The number of staying Swiss residents – the summer months are especially popular in the mountains – cannot overcome this, he added.

More

More

MENAFN19022021000210011054ID1101629265

Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.

.



image source

Brazil recorded a fifth day in a row with more than 1,000 deaths from COVID-19 | Instant News


(MENAFN – Trend News Agency) Brazil recorded 1,043 more deaths from COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, bringing the national death toll to 238,532, the Health Ministry said on Saturday, Trend reports citing Xinhua.

It is the fifth day in a row that more than 1,000 deaths are reported daily from the disease.

The ministry also reported 44,299 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the national tally to 9,809,754.

Brazil has the second highest number of deaths, after the United States, and the third highest number of cases, behind the United States and India.

The state of Sao Paulo, the country’s most populous, has been hardest hit by the pandemic, with 56,191 deaths and 1,911,411 cases, followed by Rio de Janeiro, with 554,040 cases and 31,383 deaths.

So far, more than 5 million people, or 2.38 percent of Brazil’s population, have received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, and 189,100 people have received a second injection.

MENAFN14022021000187011040ID1101597699

Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.

.



image source

NZ’s largest builder won approval to buy the Riverhead 20ha site for a sprawling residential project | Instant News


Steve Evans, chief executive of Fletcher Housing. Photo / Michael Craig

New Zealand’s largest registered construction business has won state approval to buy country land on the north-western suburb of Auckland for sprawling new housing.

The Foreign Investment Office said last week approval had been given to Fletcher Building’s subsidiary, Fletcher Residential, to buy 20ha from a vendor whose name was withheld and for an amount that was also suppressed.

The agreement came the same month the business sold a controversial site in Mangere for $ 30 million following a deal with the Government to buy disputed Ihumātao land.

Riverhead is now a new focus for a subsidiary led by Steve Evans.

“Fletcher Residential is developing residential land and building new residences. The land acquired is about 20ha of rural land in Riverhead northwest of Auckland,” OIO said last week.

They intend to zoning cropland for urban use in response to Auckland’s fast-growing population and location features, the office said.

“Housing construction will likely be between five and eight years ahead of investment due to previous re-zoning. This is likely to advance the Government’s goal of providing more housing, faster,” the office said.

As one of the largest home builders in the country, the company has made many investments that have benefited New Zealand, he said. The NZX listing on the Fletcher Building also allows New Zealanders to participate in the business, he said.

These are the factors that support licensing.

Damien O’Connor, Minister of Land Information, and Minister of Finance of the Association gave approval. David Parker and Megan Woods are association finance ministers.

Approval is needed because the land is classified as sensitive, it is a large rural land. Approval is also required because Fletcher is classified as an overseas entity: 49 percent Australian owned. Despite being listed here, only 19.9 percent of the shareholders are kiwis. America holds 15 percent and Britain 7 percent.

Fletcher can buy 7ha of land on Riverhead Rd, 1ha again on another block on the same road, about 8ha on Lathrope Rd and another 4ha on the same road.

Lathrope Rd meets Riverhead Rd near the Old North Rd junction.

The only information available about these vendors is that they are 100 percent New Zealand owned.

Gregory Allan of Simpson Grierson acts for Fletcher.

Approaching the comments, Fletcher declined: “It’s a little too early in the development stage for this level of detail, but when we’re ready to announce we’ll be happy to talk to you.”

Fletcher Residential has aroused the ire of the locals in the aftermath buy A 109ha dairy farm near Kumeu where they can build thousands of houses next to Taupaki township by 2045.

In December, The Herald reported on local lawmaker Chris Penk as saying repeated haphazard construction had left northwest Auckland in traffic jams and a shortage of classrooms.

The Auckland Council also expressed concern, saying that Fletcher’s new land lies outside an area earmarked for future urban growth.

That risks disrupting the city’s growth plans and piling up more costs on price payers, he said.

Fletcher Residential lists the locations where it plans to build, build and / or sell homes that are all in Auckland: Beachlands, Glen Innes, Hobsonville Point, Karaka, Ormiston Panmure, Red Beach, Stonefields, Swanson, Te Atatū Peninsula, Waiata Shores and Whenuapai.

In the year to June 30, 2020, Fletcher Residential generated $ 466 million in revenue from residential development, down from $ 639 million the previous year. The business noted the effects of Covid and a lockdown from late March that halted all work except essential construction.

“From March to early May, home sales were negatively impacted by the close of Covid-19 level 4. The absence of sales during these important selling months, as well as delays in house completion, resulted in 666 units being profited in FY20 compared to 755 units a year earlier .

“Home sales activity in May and June was very strong, although most of these sales will be completed in the new financial year. Demand for homes in Auckland in the $ 600,000 to $ 900,000 price range remains strong, reflecting interest from first-time buyers and investors,” the company said. in its annual report.

Trading cash flow for this division was $ 118 million compared to $ 95 million a year earlier. The cash flows included a $ 50 million receipt for the sale of Wiri’s land development, according to Fletcher Residential’s annual summary.

.



image source

A case of sedition was registered against Captain Safdar | Instant News


LAHORE / ISLAMABAD: Gujranwala police on Sunday charged Pakistan Muslim League senior leader-Nawaz (PML-N) Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar of treason. According to the FIR, Captain (retired) Safdar addressed a consultative meeting at the house of PML-N MPA Imran Khalid Butt on October 2 where he used harsh language against government institutions.

This case has been registered by the Satellite City police station on the complaint by SHO. PML-N MPA Imran Khalid Butt was also charged in the case. It is important to mention that PML-N will hold a public meeting in Gujranwala on 16 October. Meanwhile, rejecting Shahbaz Gill’s accusations, PML-N Punjab President Rana Sanaullah Khan said Nawaz did not care about statements accusing him of being a traitor, agent of India, etc., but that this statement would be dangerous for ‘elected’ Imran Niazi.

He questioned whether Maryam Nawaz’s meeting, which was mentioned incorrectly, took place in the presence of Shahbaz Gill. “When government spokesmen don’t have answers to government corruption, voice theft, inflation, unemployment, economic catastrophes, then they start to declare agents and other traitors to India.”

The incumbent government has completely failed to fulfill its promises and has no answers but to accuse others of being traitors and agents of India, he said. He said Imran Niazi created a controversial institution to cover up his failed politics. He said marking state institutions with certain political parties could only be desired by Pakistan’s enemies.

He repeated that self-proclaimed spokesmen dragged institutions into politics, whose impartiality is essential to constitutional supremacy and national security. He says this dangerous game is not for anyone’s benefit.

PML-N spokesman Marriyum Aurangzeb Sunday said Prime Minister Imran Khan’s top priority was providing assistance to the mafia. According to media reports, speaking to journalists in Lahore, he said after the false narrative of accountability, the government now declared its political opponents to be traitors.

“The government made a false statement after failing to provide any evidence against PML-N Quaid Muhammad Nawaz Sharif.” Marriyum said inflation was at a historic high, but the government’s priority was to bring Nawaz Sharif back from London.

He said the PML-N and the united opposition would provide assistance to the masses after repatriating the government. Meanwhile, Special Assistant to the Prime Minister (SAPM) for Political Communications Shahbaz Gill Sunday claims PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz met an Indian at Khokhar Palace in Lahore.

In her tweet, Gill claimed that Maryam continued to wait at the same place after the press conference and that she reached the meeting place after getting the signal. Shahbaz says the narrative of Maryam Nawaz and her father Muhammad Nawaz Sharif contradicts the state; therefore, no one could bear the burden.

Responding to PML-N leader Rana Sanaullah’s statement, Shahbaz tweeted, “If Rana sahib asks, I will tell him that according to my information, a meeting with an Indian took place at the Khokhar Palace.” “Rana sahib, you are with Shahbaz Sharif, he will not tell you,” he added.

In another tweet, Gill said the people in Lahore had rejected the Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) narrative against Pakistan and the Army. He said every Pakistani citizen loved the army and paid tribute to the soldiers’ sacrifices. Muhammad Nawaz Sharif will be held accountable for his secret meeting at the embassy in London, he added.

Shahbaz further said propaganda against Pakistan would not be tolerated. He said Nawaz Sharif was confident that anti-Pakistan international agencies and the Indian-dominated world media would support him to support his narrative against state institutions.

Meanwhile, Aviation Minister Ghulam Sarwar Khan said Nawaz Sharif’s narrative is tantamount to sedition and the government is under enormous public pressure to prosecute him for sedition. He said this during a speech at a public meeting in Taxila.

He said Nawaz had to face stiff accountability because the Indian media was happy with his narrative. Meanwhile, Minister of Planning, Development and Special Initiatives Asad Umar on Sunday said the opposition was trying to find an NRO on the highway after failing to get it from the DPR.

After the draft law related to the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) from the DPR was passed, they (the opposition party) were disappointed because their hopes of getting an NRO from the assembly were dead, “he said in a tweet.

The minister said it appeared that new elections were held in the past month, because suddenly, the opposition has decided to take to the streets against the alleged fraud. He said the opposition was actually trying to pressure the government for help.

“Now they (the opposition) have come to the conclusion that there is no chance of the NRO in the assembly; for that now they are trying to find it on the highway, “he said. Interior Minister Brigadier (R) Ijaz Ahmed Shah Sunday said the conspiracy against the state and national institutions would be thwarted.

Speaking at the award-sharing ceremony at Nankana Sahib to mark the silver celebration of the Khawaja Awais Welfare Foundation, he said the PML-N and PPP had damaged national institutions, except the army.

He said a conspiracy was being hatched against the country from the start which was still ongoing. The minister said Nawaz Sharif left the country citing illness and medical treatment in London.

.



image source

Safdar PML-N placed an order for alleged sedition | Instant News


GUJRANWALA:

Authorities in Punjab have charged Captain (retired) Muhammad Safdar – the son-in-law of PML-N’s supreme leader Nawaz Sharif – under charges of sedition for “provoking the people against the state and its institutions.”

The first information report (FIR) was registered against Safdar and a Punjab Assembly MP from PML-N, Imran Khalid Butt, at a police station in the Satellite City of Gujranwala on Sunday.

According to the FIR, Captain (ret.) Safdar threatened to “overthrow the government through protest”. He is also suspected of provoking the community to fight against the state and its institutions.

Safdar has announced that if the authorities refuse to give permission to PML-N to hold a rally in Gujranwala on October 16, he will force them to give permission, the FIR claims.

PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz – who is Sadfar’s wife – had previously announced that the party would hold a rally in Gujranwala on October 16 as part of a nationwide protest against the arrest of PML-N President Shehbaz Sharif, and to overthrow the federal government led by PTI.

The country’s biggest perpetrator of corruption, the National Accountability Bureau (NAB), arrested Shehbaz last week after the Lahore High Court (LHC) refused to extend his interim bail in a money laundering case.

On 2 October, PML-N’s Central Working Committee meeting approved a social mobilization plan in which countrywide protests would be held against the PTI-led government.

According to available details, two protests will be held against Shehbaz Sharif’s arrest – on October 3 and October 9, respectively.

It was decided that Nawaz, who has been in London since November 2019, would address members of the Punjab Assembly parliament. He will also speak to senators and PML-N MNA.

On October 12, PML-N will host a workers convention in Karachi.

From 12 October to 4 December, PML-N will host a workers’ convention (WC) and a provincial general council meeting (PGC) at the district level. Of these WC and PGC, seven will be held in Punjab, three in Sindh, three in Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa, and two in Balochistan.

The convicted former prime minister broke his long silence at the PPP’s all-party (APC) conference on Sept. 20, stating that the opposition is not against Prime Minister Imran Khan but those who brought him to power in 2018.

Nawaz also accused the creation of the military and other state institutions of interfering in the country’s political affairs. Then speaking to his party leaders, the PML-N’s top leader said “someone else” controlled parliament during the PTI rule.

.



image source