Riverside County is in the most restrictive purple reopening level, and local towns are feeling the pressure as the season rolls around. “Right now we all feel a little helpless, but we’re not,” Palm Desert Council member Jan Harnik said in a video posted Sunday. Positive cases of COVID-19 in the county continue to rise as they move away from red level requirements. “Let’s work together, let’s keep this mask on so we can flatten the curve and we can open up our businesses and support our community. We need to do more testing to make that happen, ”COVID-19 Week Recap: New Daily Records and Travel Advisories, Harnik said. As of September, the county recorded between 200 and 300 positive cases per day, but now that number hovers below 800. The county’s adjusted case rate is also currently at 13.9, and needs to be seven to level up. red. But what worries local health experts the most is the increase in hospitalizations as the pandemic straddles the traditional flu season. Eisenhower Health data shows a big increase over the past week, and doctors say it’s a trend they expect to see in the coming months. “It looks a lot, unfortunately, like what we saw this summer when we really took off and had this huge spike in the 90 range. So we are very concerned that this could be the start of something. very bad for us again, ”said Dr. Alan Williamson, Chief Medical Officer of Eisenhower Health. Nationally, the numbers and deaths are also rising, and the country has set new daily records of cases almost every day over the past week. In November alone, the country recorded more than 100,000 new cases 11 out of 14 days. And as California passes one million cases of COVID-19, a new travel advisory has been put in place. He suggests travelers quarantine themselves in the state for 14 days and asks residents to stay put. The move comes as the Thanksgiving holiday is less than two weeks away, and now local leaders are urging residents to stay diligent. “So go get yourself tested, and let’s get these guidelines up and running, and let’s open it safely,” Harnik said. To move to the next level, the county must also adjust the red level settings for two weeks, which means the county will be in the purple at least for the foreseeable future. Meanwhile, Pfizer says its vaccine is over 90% effective in preventing COVID-19, but it’s unclear when it will be available to the public. .
Last updated when July 29, 2020 12:36 PM
PM Imran Khan is directed to reopen Tiger Force registration.
ISLAMABAD (Berita Dunya) – The Prime Minister’s Special Assistant for Youth Affairs Usman Dar said that it had been decided to reopen Tiger Force registration at the direction of PM Imran Khan, Dunya News reported.
SAPM held a press conference on Wednesday and said the Tiger Force will take part in the tree planting campaign on 9 August to reach the target of planting one million trees.
Usman Dar further said that the purpose of the Tiger Force was to empower young people and that the force was internationally recognized as well.
It is important to mention here that PM Imran Khan had previously announced to celebrate Tiger Forces Day on 9 August and said he would be part of the tree planting campaign.
LAHORE – Minister of Industry and Trade of Mian Aslam Iqbal Province met with Punjab Marriage room Association delegation under Chairman Mian Muhammad Ilyas at the PBIT Office on Tuesday. During the meeting matters relating to difficulties arising from closure marriage hall and open up marriage hall come in discussion.
The Minister while speaking with members of the delegation convinced them that marriage hall will open in the first week of September if corona conditions are improved.
Aslam said that every sector had been badly affected by the corona pandemic and thanked Allah SWT that the corona situation was improving in the country.
He stated that he would raise an issue about opening marriage hall and permission for outdoor catering before the Cabinet Committee and NCOC meetings.
He highlighted that the livelihoods of thousands of families are related to the marriage industry and added that it was Prime Minister Imran Khan’s vision to regulate the wheels of business and industry.
The Minister praised that the Prime Minister wanted to save the masses not only from economic constraints but also from the danger of a corona pandemic.
He praised the smart locking policy adopted by Prime Minister Min Imran Khan to prove useful and results oriented. He underlined that the PTI government was not interested in closing business and was forced to close some businesses due to the corona pandemic.
He assured them that the government would open closed businesses when the coronavirus situation improved.
He assured delegation members that the government would provide tax breaks to marriage hall due to the closure of their business together with facing economic difficulties.
On this occasion, President Marriage room Mian Association Muhammad Ilyas thanked the Minister for taking the time to meet with them and also listen to their problems sympathetically.
Members of the delegation assured the Minister that they would fully ensure implementation of the SOP issued by the government in terms of opening marriage hall.
Members of the delegation include the President Marriage room Mian Khalid Idrees Bhatti Association, Senior Vice President Malik Aqeel Sarwar, Secretary General Rao Tariq Islam and others.
Fourteen workers at the Sonoma County winery were recently tested positive for coronavirus, Dr. Public Health Officer Sundari Mase said Friday it did not provide other details about the outbreak.
The incident was one of three separate outbreaks at work which Mase recently referred to as part of the reason he stopped further steps to reopen the local economy this week.
During an earlier press briefing, Mase said a recent infection was also found among workers in a factory making water filters and among a group of agricultural workers. But he and other health officials have failed to respond to repeated questions about the outbreak, including the names of businesses, when they occurred and how many employees were affected.
Mase said that the spread of the local virus was shifting from households to workplaces and more cases were expected when activities and businesses in the area began to reopen. Mase said on Friday that three outbreaks at work took place in businesses that were deemed important and were not covered by district residence orders issued in mid-March.
“I can tell you there is a winery involved, there are 14 positive people in the winery and there are others being investigated,” Mase said at his daily press conference. “This, I think, is considered a more important worker, this is not … something that happens in the outdoor tasting section for the winery, this is actually in the central workers group.”
Mase said he had no details available and needed to “sit and look at the data to give you very accurate information.” He said that he needed to consult with regional epidemiologists “to map the groups, look for their respective numbers.”
Also on Friday, the county announced 17 new cases of active coronavirus, bringing the total to 548 since the start of the pandemic. Of that number, 322 were active cases, 222 people had recovered and four died. On Friday, there were 10 confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Sonoma District hospital and eight other people suspected of suffering from diseases caused by new coronaviruses.
News of a significant outbreak at a local winery came as regional health officials and members of the Supervisory Board scrambled to respond to Sonoma County Sheriff’s Mark Sherick’s declaration on Thursday that he would not enforce protection measures in the local area. .
Essick said on Facebook that starting June 1 he could not “with a good conscience” enforce a local public health emergency order without further information in support of these measures. During Friday’s Mase press briefing, he joined Supervisor Susan Gorin and Health Services Director Barbie Robinson, with all three saying that they had had productive and positive discussions with Essick and agreed to provide more information and to improve communication with his office.
But starting at 6 pm Friday, Essick said his decision had not changed and that his office would not enforce rules starting June 1.
In Mendocino District, health officials reported the first two cases of corona virus transmission in the community at large. There are 29 confirmed COVID-19 cases, 21 of which are related to close contact with those known to have the virus, officials said.
The 30th case is being investigated as a possible false positive test result, said Public Health Officer Dr. Noemi Doohan during the Facebook Live briefing.