Tag Archives: review

The commissioner reviews construction work at the YMCA | Instant News


KARACHI: Commissioner Karachi Iftikhar Shallwani visited the YMCA on Sunday to inspect the ongoing construction and grilling work for the boundary wall.

The city government at the direction of the Supreme Court has removed the illegal wedding courtyard / hall and other distractions from the YMCA.

The commissioner when inspecting construction work ordered officials to ensure that the work was completed within one month. “This place has provided opportunities for urban youth as it has produced many hockey supporters such as Sohail Abbas, Shahid Ali Khan, Mansoor Ahmed, Kamran Ashraf,” he added.

He said that the DKI Provincial Government will carry out its role to revive sports activities at the YMCA as soon as possible.

Commissioners were briefed with the aid of maps of reconstruction work.

An underground water tank and an 8-10 foot long jogging track will be constructed with tree plantations along the track.

Arrangements are being made with the support of the Karachi Hockey Association to arrange a match between Quaid-e-Azam Hockey Eleven and Quaid-e-Millat Hockey Eleven on December 25.

Deputy South Commissioner Irshad Ali, YMCA sports secretary Babar Paul and Project Director Ghulam Server Chachar were also present at the occasion.

The Commissioner directed the Deputy Commissioner to the south to stay in touch with the YMCA to provide all possible support for it.

.



image source

Luis Suarez tested positive for COVID-19 before qualifying for WC v Brazil | Instant News


FILE PHOTOS: FIFA World Cup 2022 South American Qualification – Colombia v Uruguay – Estadio Metropolitano R. Melendez, Barranquilla, Colombia – 13 November 2020 Luis Suarez of Uruguay celebrating their second goal REUTERS / Luisa Gonzalez

BARCELONA (Reuters) – Atletico Madrid and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez tested positive for COVID-19, the Uruguay national team said in a statement on Monday.

The Uruguay statement said top scorer Suarez and goalkeeper Rodrigo Munoz plus a staff member had tested positive. The rest of the squad all tested negative ahead of Tuesday’s World Cup qualifier at home to Brazil.

The statement added that both the player and staff members were in good health and said the team had followed protocol and taken appropriate action after the results.

Suarez, who scored a penalty in Uruguay’s 3-0 win over Colombia on Friday, is now out of action with Brazil.

He will almost certainly miss his club’s La Liga match against his former club Barcelona on November 21.

The Uruguayan is Atletico’s top scorer this season with Joao Felix, scoring five goals since moving from Barca on a free transfer in September.

Suarez is the latest high-profile player to test positive for the virus during the international break, after Liverpool’s Mohamed Salah was infected while serving with Egypt.

Last month, Cristiano Ronaldo tested positive while representing Portugal and was forced to miss several matches for Juventus.

Reporting by Richard Martin; editing by Jonathan Oatis and Pritha Sarkar

.



image source

The Minister reviews the work of the appointment of industrial centers | Instant News


LAHORE: Provincial Minister of Industry, Trade and Trade Aslam Iqbal said Wednesday that following Prime Minister Imran Khan’s vision the Punjab government is taking effective steps to accelerate the industrialization process in the province.

The minister is chairing a meeting to review the progress of development work in industrial centers and the colonial process in the province here at the Civil Secretariat. He said PM Imran Khan’s vision is to increase job opportunities through industrialization so that the Punjab government moves accordingly. The minister said that a multi-purpose complex would be set up at the Quaid-e-Azam Business Park near the Motorway in Sheikhupura. A Special Economic Zone in Bahawalpur will be inaugurated soon while a special economic zone will be established in Sahiwal covering an area of ​​?? 750 hectares. He said that an industrial zone will be established in Sialkot on 1,000 acres. The country’s largest industrial area is being built at Chobara on Layyah-Muzaffargarh Road in South Punjab.

.



image source

Serbia hopes the Italy-based player is available for the Scotland game | Instant News


FILE PHOTOS: Football – Euro 2020 Qualifying Play offs – Serbia Press Conference – Oslo, Norway – 7 October 2020 Serbia coach Ljubisa Tumbakovic during Vidar Ruud / NTB press conference via REUTERS

(Reuters) – Serbia coach Ljubisa Tumbakovic says he hopes all of his Italy-based players can join the squad for the Euro 2020 playoff against Scotland after local authorities imposed lockdown rules on several Serie A clubs.

Players from Italian teams AS Roma and Fiorentina are barred from leaving the country to play in international matches due to COVID-19 infections in both clubs, Italian media said on Sunday.

Several other Italian clubs will also be affected by the travel ban, local reports added.

But Tumbakovic said Inter Milan’s Aleksandar Kolarov and Lazio’s Sergej Milinkovic-Savic had joined their training camp and he expected Fiorentina pair Dusan Vlahovic and Nikola Milinkovic to arrive soon.

“We have a big problem with Italian clubs,” Tumbakovic was quoted as saying by the BBC to reporters on Monday. β€œAt this time, I don’t have a definite answer.

“This is a problematic question for all of Europe as the pandemic explodes and we have problems with local authorities in Florence and their actions.”

The winner of the Serbia v Scotland match in Belgrade will earn a berth in Euro 2020 Group D alongside England, Croatia and the Czech Republic, with a round-robin match to be played at Wembley and Hampden Park.

The 24-nation tournament which was originally due to be held from 12 June-12 July this year but was postponed due to the COVID-19 crisis and will now be staged from 11 June-11 July next year.

Reporting by Shrivathsa Sridhar in Bengaluru; Edited by Lincoln Feast.

.



image source

America’s Cup Funding: The New Zealand team issued a ‘public condemnation’ of the service, as part of a document release | Instant News


Business

Grant Dalton is chief executive of the New Zealand Team and American Cup Events, the company that was awarded taxpayer funds to host the event. Photo / Jason Oxenham

The New Zealand team has issued a “public condemnation” of government departments for giving taxpayer tens of millions of dollars in funding, accusing him of inappropriate behavior and calling for a review.

The syndicate today released a series of documents including letters to the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment as well as Auckland Mayor Phil Goff and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.

America’s Cup Event, a company run within the headquarters of Team New Zealand that shares Grant Dalton as its chief executive, has been awarded up to $ 40 million in taxpayer funds for the 36th place in the world’s oldest international sporting competition.

Earlier this year MBIE launched an investigation into ACE’s handling of money, partly as a result of allegations made by the whistleblower, former contractor Mayo & Calder.

“In the face of the unsubstantiated and libelous accusations again against ETNZ / ACE and its directors, we feel that we must now set things straight by trying to respect the process that is due in this saga throughout the year,” the New Zealand Team said in a statement. unsigned.

“We wanted to avoid public condemnation like MBIE but because of their actions to hide their completely inappropriate behavior through this protracted contract process, we now feel obliged to release a series of letters addressed to MBIE and the minister asking MBIE to account for them. . action. “

According to the New Zealand Team “these letters describe a very different story from the one currently being presented”.

The Herald reported today that the Serious Fraud Office appears to be looking at taxpayer funding for the America’s Cup.

MBIE chief executive, Carolyn Tremain.  Photo / Provided
MBIE chief executive, Carolyn Tremain. Photo / Provided

MBIE previously confirmed that its chief executive, Carolyn Tremain, had had “discussions” with SFO director Julie Read. The SFO confirmed the discussion. Neither side will explain who started the discussion.

The statement by the New Zealand Team reiterated comments made to the Herald that “it would welcome any intervention by the Ombudsman or the Public Service Commission to see MBIE action through this protracted process”.

In a statement, MBIE chief executive Caroline Tremain said after receiving allegations about trouble at ACE, the ministry “used the contractual terms of the Host Place Agreement to engage Beattie Varley to conduct an audit”.

Tremain notes Horton’s comments that ACE’s initial approach to auditing was unhelpful.

“MBIE always treats all parties involved in the process with respect and strongly denies the many issues raised in the letter from ACE,” said Tremain.

He revealed that the mediation that was originally announced to cover the dispute over a $ 3 million design fee had been expanded to cover “matters of parties acting in good faith”.

Mediation is finally expected to begin in December. “MBIE looks forward to the end of this process.”

In August, an audit report by forensic accountant Beattie Varley – commissioned by MBIE – sharply criticized governance at ACE and the New Zealand Team, but concluded investigators saw no evidence that taxpayer event funding had been misappropriated.

In July, the New Zealand Team and ACE went to the High Court in Auckland to prevent the Herald from publishing details of Beattie Varley’s previous report.

New Zealand Team Leader Sir Stephen Tindall described Beattie Varley’s latest report as “total justification”.

He refused to answer questions or be interviewed. According to reports by GoodsTindall called MBIE’s chief executive, Carolyn Tremain, to ask about the nature of her discussion with the SFO, but she declined to say.

ACE chairman Tina Symmans also declined all interview requests.

No one from the Government was willing to comment on the recent reports, with Ardern’s spokesperson saying that was being handled by MBIE.

.



image source