Tag Archives: shelter

Louis Mobile Food Market will be in your Community in Partnership with St. Louis. Louis Area Foodbank Listing for August 1 – 21 | Instant News




Louis Mobile Food Market will be in your Community in Partnership with St. Louis Area Foodbank Listing for August 1 – 21 | RiverBender.com





















.



image source

Air India will run two additional flights under the Vande Bharat Mission to evacuate Indians from Germany-ANI | Instant News


New Delhi [India]July 11 (ANI): Air India announced on Saturday that it would run two additional flights under the Vande Bharat Mission on July 21 and 23 for the evacuation of Indians from Germany.
“#FlyAI: Air India will operate two additional flights under #VBM on July 21 & 23 that are connected Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chennai, & Kochi with FRANKFURT, Germany. Bookings will open on July 13 starting at 14:00 IST on our website http://airindia.in, “Air India tweeted.
On July 21, Air India flights will operate in Mumbai-Frankfurt-Mumbai-HyderabadChennai the route.
On July 23, Air India flights will operate on Delhi-Frankfurt-Delhi-Engaluru-Kochi the route.
As many as 5.80,000 Indians have been evacuated from various countries under the Vande Bharat Mission on July 8.
In a media briefing, MEA spokeswoman Anurag Srivastava announced that 637 international flights had been scheduled in the fourth phase of the ongoing mission.

“Phase 4 of the Vande Bharat mission is ongoing. In this phase, 637 international flights have been scheduled & this flight will serve 29 airports in India,” Srivastava said.

“On July 8, 2020, of the total number of 6.61,352 who registered their requests with our mission abroad for repatriation to India, more than 5.80,000 have returned under this mission,” he added. (ANI)

Rejection: The views expressed in the article above are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of this publisher. Unless stated otherwise, the author writes in his personal capacity. They are not intended and should not be considered to represent an official idea, attitude or policy of any institution or institution.


.



image source

Women are given hygiene kits in Sindh prison, a shelter | Instant News


->

PHOTOS: REUTERS

KARACHI: The Sindh Commission on the Status of Women (SCSW) distributes hygiene kits for coronavirus among female police officials, detainees and workers in shelter houses with the assistance of Oxfam Pakistan.

According to a statement issued by the commission on Saturday, after seeing the severity of coronavirus outbreaks in prisons across the country, SCSW has arranged 500 cleaning equipment for women in prisons and shelters to help protect them from infectious diseases.

In addition, the commission observed that despite a surge in gender-based violence (GBV) since the locking took place, many victims were rejected by the holding houses for fear of transmission of the virus.

“The kit was distributed to protect our frontline female workers, which included police officers and shelter house administration staff, as well as survivors. [domestic] violence, as reported that GBV victims were not permitted to enter shelters, “the statement reads.

Thanking Oxfam Pakistan, SCSW said that 319 kits were distributed in women’s police stations, prisons and protection cells, while 181 were handed over to Panah and four government-owned shelters in the first round in Karachi, Hyderabad, Sukkur and Larkana.

In the second half, additional cleaning equipment will be distributed in the remaining women’s prisons in Sukkur, Larkana and Hyderabad, police stations in Matiari, protection cells in Hyderabad and Sukkur, and the district hideout in Dadu.

The equipment, which includes face masks, sanitizers, sanitary napkins, and other items, was distributed among police officers and female prisoners in the presence of Karachi’s AIG Ghulam Nabi Memon, three digital DIGs, DIG DIG women and SHO.

Expressing hope that these hygiene kits will help curb the spread of coronaviruses in prisons and shelters, the statement stressed the need to develop concrete gender-specific policies to control violence against women during the pandemic.

SCSW added that the authorities must take the steps necessary to improve women’s health and empower them financially.

The Commission intends to consult with civil society organizations, experts and stakeholders to develop recommendations for the Sindh government to meet the needs of women during emergencies.

Published in The Express Tribune, May 31st, 2020.

.



image source

WATCH NOW: ‘historic’ flooding on the Smith River was declared an emergency when residents left home | Local News | Instant News


BASSETT – Emergency workers were rushed to Stanleytown Health & Rehabilitation Center on Sunday night, and houses in the Bassett area were reportedly evacuated when heavy rains brought so-called “historic floods” along the Smith River in Henry County.

The National Weather Service in Blacksburg issues a Flash Flood Emergency – worse than warning – around 10:20 a.m. which will remain in effect until 6:45 Monday. This applies to Martinsville, Henry County and Franklin County. Henry County also declared a state of emergency.

Flooding water moves down the Smith River, and the river may not be latent again for several hours, the NWS said in its warning.

The water proved to be on at least one bridge across the Smith River in the Bassett area.

The Smith River Gage in Bassett has reported a 12.5 foot stage over the past two hours and may not function, NWS said.

About 3 to 4 inches of water rises to the Stanleytown Health & Rehabilitation Center throughout the building, according to Fire Chief Bassett Junior Lynch. Located at 240 Riverside Drive in Bassett.

Lynch said that his department was sent there at 7:46 pm. Seen along Riverside Road and in the shopping center shopping center opposite the rest house are emergency vehicles from all over Henry County, as well as from Franklin County and from Roanoke. A truck pulls a trailer by boat.

“Officials at Stanleytown Health Care have decided to protect them now and not evacuate,” Lynch said. “Of course, there are 94 people living here, so it’s rather difficult to move them to their needs and care for them.”

Around 10 pm, Lynch said: “a part of the building does not have water in it, and what is there is only water that settles, maybe half an inch of water and some mud, but they are doing the cleaning now.”

Ambulances, trailers by boat and other emergency vehicles began to leave the scene shortly after 10 pm, leaving only Henry County Sheriff’s Office officers to guard the road, where the water flowing in there, was closed.

The rehabilitation center issued this notice on a Facebook page after midnight Monday morning: “After heavy rains and local flooding, our center has water coverage inside the facility Sunday night. We want to reassure our patient friends and families that our center is stable and we continue to monitor the current conditions.We have begun the process to extract the remaining water and clean the affected area.At this time, several patients have been moved at our center, but none have been removed from the building.We are ready for evacuation if weather conditions allow As this situation develops, we will continue to provide updates as they become available. “

Another significant flood in the region threatened the homes of several residents, with some having been flooded by so-called NWS “now believed to be historic floods.”

An emergency evacuation center opened at Bassett High School.

The warning said the flood was life threatening and recommended those in the lowlands to seek shelter. This will include low water crossings, creeks, creeks and underpasses in the city.

Flood water moves down the Smith River, the adviser said, and probably won’t rise again for several hours.

This article will be updated.

Steven Doyle, local editor of the Bulletin, contributed to this report.

Holly Kozelsky is a writer for the Martinsville Bulletin; call him at 276-638-8801 ext. 243.

.



image source

The first evacuation flight from England with 326 people returning to Mumbai – Indian news | Instant News


Air India’s first evacuation flight with 326 Indians from London landed at Mumbai Airport on Sunday.

According to India’s high commission in the UK, flights took off from London on Saturday with 326 people. It landed at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport.

On Monday, India announced that it would begin a gradual repatriation of its citizens who were stranded abroad starting May 7.

The government said that Air India will operate 64 flights in the first week from May 7 to May 13 to bring back around 15,000 Indian citizens.

On the third day of the ‘Vande Bharat Mission’, flights carrying Indians from the Gulf States, England, Bangladesh and Malaysia arrived in India.

.



image source

Orders for Permanent Modified Homes, Stolen Masks, Ravinia Canceled – NBC Chicago | Instant News


(NOTE: Daily press conferences from Governor J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot will be broadcast live on the players above. Check back for updates.)

Illinois starts 30 more days under orders to stay at home throughout the state, but this time, everything has changed.

Some businesses can resume under the new order, but where certain restrictions are relaxed, others are increased.

Here are the latest developments on today’s coronavirus crisis (May 1):

New Home Stay Orders: Apply: This Is Changed

A new home stay order is now valid until May 30 in Illinois.

The order brought about changes that allowed state parks, greenhouses, dog groomers and golf courses to open, with restrictions. Retail stores that are not designated as non-essential businesses can be reopened to fulfill telephone and online orders through out-of-store pickup and delivery.

But it also brought changes to “important business” such as occupancy limits, social distance requirements and masks for all, including employees.

All residents over the age of 2 will be asked to wear face masks, unless medically unable, when in public spaces where social distance is not possible.

The following are full details of these changes.

Ravinia Cancels Summer Concert Season Because of Coronavirus Pandemic

Ravinia has canceled the 2020 summer concert season for the first time since the Great Depression due to the coronavirus pandemic, where music was announced Friday.

“Our long and comprehensive discourse on this topic has led us to the conclusion that it is not possible to continue the season,” Ravinia President and CEO Welz Kauffman said in a statement.

Open spaces on the outskirts of Highland Park are scheduled to hold more than 120 events between June and September, the festival said, including the annual summer residence of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Face Mask Stolen from the Lion Art Institute

Face masks adorn one of the iconic lion statues at the entrance of the Chicago Art Institute was stolen Thursday night, less than 24 hours after the symbolic mask was applied.

An Art Institute security guard saw two men get out of a black Chevrolet sedan around 10:55 a.m. and proceed to ascend to one of the statues in the museum, 111 S. Michigan Ave., according to Chicago police. They cut off the mask from the lion’s head and fled into the car.

No one was arrested, police said.

Illinois Casino remains closed until further notice

The Illinois Game Board has decreed state casinos will remain closed and its video gambling terminal will remain dark “until further notice” is the country’s struggle to prevent further spread of coronaviruses, officials announced Thursday.

Game board administrator Marcus Fruchter said the agency would consult with public health professionals and review conditions before video gambling and casinos would be allowed to continue.

Gambling in Illinois has been suspended since March 16. Fruchter’s announcement marks the third extension of the closure.

Illinois Casino Association’s executive director Tom Swoik said casino operators hope they can restart operations on June 1. He estimates 10 casinos in the state have lost about $ 100 million over the six weeks they have closed, putting more than 5,000 employees out of work.

.



image source

Mother Said Coronavirus Pandemic Was Successful | Instant News


US World Food Program “People are desperate,” said Nasreen, mother of two children from Johannesburg.
Such despair can worsen due to job loss … https://t.co/BGNU1Y4b1E 4 hours ago

nikitaramostv

Nikita Ramos A Warwick mother and emergency room nurse is grateful for the previous procedure which she said helped save her daughter’s life … https://t.co/g30zLCcaYC 5 hours ago

mkcocharo

Mary Kay Cocharo This article in the New York Times about a Los Angeles mother during the coronavirus pandemic said everything about what I … https://t.co/QVGZG71S7N 11 hours ago

JimBOBlbc

JIMBOB BASED Russia will “face a new and tiring phase of a pandemic,” Putin said https://t.co/apoYlzITMZ Well Mother #Russia… https://t.co/rG2v6nWzPz 14 hours ago

Maryeb2Boyle

Mary Boyle RT @NBCNews: A New York mother who traveled home from Miami said she was surprised that her flight was packed in the middle of a coronavirus … 17 hours ago

.



image source

8 places identified for ’emergency’ shelters in Islamabad | Instant News


->

The vehicle goes through the Centaurus mall in Islamabad, Pakistan. PHOTOS: REUTERS

ISLAMABAD: Shelter management has identified at least eight places to set up emergency ‘Panahgahs’ in the federal capital, which are expected to see an influx of migrant workers due to the reopening of the construction sector.

“Eight public and private sector buildings have been marked in the capital, where at least two ‘Panahgahs’ will be erected on an emergency basis to facilitate the proper implementation of the concept of social distance in Panahgahs,” the Prime Minister’s focal person told the Naseemur Rehman shelter. Speaking with the media during a visit to G-9 Sector ‘Arrow Gah’, he said the facilities chosen included six government schools and two private dormitories, which are located near the Tarlai and Bhara Kahu shelter.

“The criteria for choosing a place are based on easy access and that they must not be too far from the existing ‘Panahgah’ so that abundance can be efficiently coordinated,” he said, indicating the government’s strategy to.

As per the new strategy to facilitate those seeking shelter, he said social distance was being practiced in shelter homes to ensure the safety of its inhabitants from deadly viruses.

Published in The Express Tribune, April 27th, 2020.

.



image source

More than 50 New Coronavirus Deaths Reported in LA County – NBC Los Angeles | Instant News


More than 50 new deaths due to COVID-19 were reported in Los Angeles County on Friday, and with 43% of the county’s deaths occurring in skilled nursing homes, new restrictions were imposed on all long-term care facilities to ban visitors and prohibit joint activities. in.

Another 52 deaths from coronavirus were reported on Friday by Barbara Ferrer, director of the district’s Department of Public Health, although that number included one death reported Thursday afternoon by the city of Pasadena, which has its own health agency.

Long Beach, which also has its own health agency, announced two additional deaths, bringing the total to 29 cities.

The new deaths bring the total area to 850. Ferrer said one death previously reported in the county turned out to be a resident of another jurisdiction.

Ferrer notes that 91% of people who have died of disease in the area have an underlying health condition.

Ferrer also reported 1,035 other confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 18,517. Pasadena then reported six other cases, while Long Beach added 22 more cases, bringing the total area to 18,545.

A total of 293 institutional arrangements – including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, shelters, prisons and prisons – have at least one case. These institutions have accounted for a total of 5,339 cases, and 365 deaths, representing 43% of all corona virus deaths in the area. Most of the deaths were residents of skilled care facilities, where testing is being boosted starting Monday to include all residents and staff regardless of whether they show symptoms.

The continuing increase in cases and deaths in nursing homes pushed district health officials Friday to issue revised orders that apply to all “combined health care,” or long-term care, facilities, Ferrer said.

The order prohibits non-essential visitors to the facility, so that only important workers can enter.

“This postpones all joint meals and activities … to ensure that there is sufficient distance between the residents who live there,” Ferrer said. “Staff will be asked to always wear surgical masks and use personal protective equipment if appropriate. And residents also need to wear surgical masks or face masks when they are outside their private rooms.”

He said the increase in tests that would begin Monday was also part of the new health order, but the plan was announced earlier because of the continuing increase in cases and knowledge that people who were unconsciously infected could spread the disease even though they had no symptoms. .

Improved testing of all residents and nursing home workers, regardless of symptoms, is being carried out in conjunction with the city of Los Angeles. Ferrer said facilities with the most severe outbreaks would be given top priority, but all houses would get increased testing.

Nursing homes have been a concern since the outbreak began, given the close limits of patients and staff. This week, members of the California National Guard were deployed to four nursing homes in the county to assist with the operation, mainly due to lack of adequate staff as a result of the spread of the virus.

“We are not asking for the National Guard, but we are asking for help,” Ferrer said. “And the National Guards are great. We did ask the states to help us in staffing. The easiest thing for them to do is mobilize the National Guards and we are very grateful because they did. And they continue to give us support.”

On Friday, more than 108,000 people were tested for the corona virus in the area, with 15% positive, Ferrer said.

Ferrer announced Thursday that an average of 44 people had died of the corona virus during the previous 12 days, making COVID-19 the leading cause of death in the area, which surpassed flu, lung disease and heart disease.

Of the 848 people who died of coronavirus in the county, ethnic data are available for 771 people. Of those, 37% are Latinx, 28% white, 18% Asian, 15% black, 1% native to Hawaii / Pacific Islands and the other 1%.

Included in more than 18,500 cases in the district were 100 homeless people, most of them due to the plague under investigation at the Union Rescue Mission on Skid Row in downtown Los Angeles. Ferrer said the county was still waiting for some test results from the facility, but officials said earlier this week that at least 56 people had tested positive, and one staff member had died.

.



image source