Deputy commissioners, Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) officials and other relevant departments and officials have been ordered to speed up renovations of Mehmoodabad Nullah, Gujjar Nullah and Orangi Nullah with coordinated efforts and ensure work is completed as quickly as possible. maybe.
Karachi Commissioner Navid Ahmed Shaikh chaired a meeting on Tuesday to review the progress of the KMC’s ongoing operations to clear storm drains from encroachment.
According to a press statement issued by the commissioner’s office, the Sindh Industrial Trade Zone Association (SITE) has also been invited to raise their concerns so that they can be appointed to ensure smoother operations. He directed the officials concerned to ensure the application of the hydrological model designed by the NED University team so that there are no obstructions in the waterways.
KMC senior director Mazhar Khan briefed the meeting on the progress of work being done at nullah. He said that the work to eliminate encroachment in Mehmoodabad Nullah had been completed, while construction and renovation work was being carried out by the Border Works Organization.
He said at the meeting that the rainwater channel was 3.5 kilometers long, and the renovations would include the construction of a 12-foot long road as well as a three-foot walk on both sides. He also briefed the meeting on the progress of the work on Gujjar Nullah, which is 13 km long. He said encroachment from the 7 km area had been eliminated, while the eviction of the 6 km area was being carried out.
He also said that the Orangi Nullah, which is an 11-kilometer drainage channel, has been cleared of encroachment up to an area of 6 kilometers, while work to evict encroachment in the remaining 5 kilometers is being carried out. The meeting also informed that the three rainwater drains will only be used for rainwater drainage and not for sewage purposes, where the sewers will be placed under roads and paths along this nullah.
The meeting also listened to complaints from representatives of the SITE Association, while they formed a committee chaired by District Deputy Commissioner Keamari Mukhtar Abro, with SITE Managing Director Shehzad Abbasi and KMC director Khan as members.
Ngani Laumape has limited chances with the All Blacks. Photos / Photosport
Ngani Laumape has been linked with a move abroad, with French club Stade Francais believed to be looking for the All Blacks and Hurricanes midfielder.
According to a report from French newspaper Midi Olympique, Stade Francais sees Laumape as one of a number of options to replace Gael Fickou who is leaving for the Top14 2021-22 season.
Midi Olympique reports the club has been in contact with Laumape representatives and it is believed Laumape will be open to a move.
“The New Zealand midfielder, who plays for the Hurricanes, will not oppose a trial in France,” said the report.
By contrast, anyone with 15 caps for the All Blacks knows he’s not the best choice in his country. Remember, for the World Cup in Japan in 2019, coach Steve Hansen has chosen him. [in build-up tests] but finally decided to give up his services as soon as the official selection was announced. Hansen likes Sonny Bill Williams, Ryan Crotty, Jack Goodhue and Anton Lienert-Brown more than him.
“Since then, Hurricanes players have returned to selection under new coach Ian Foster. He played two Rugby Championship matches in October and November, but he could choose to join Stade Francais next season.”
Another option being considered by the French club is Argentine midfielder Santiago Chocobares, who will join the Blues for the Aotearoa Super Rugby competition this year, but it was difficult to get the young center-back to Auckland and it couldn’t happen in the end.
Laumape has been an impressive exponent for the Hurricanes since moving to the 15-man code in 2016 after stints with the Warriors at NRL, and has become known as one of Super Rugby’s most damaging ball runners.
Still only 27 years old, many expect Laumape to have a role to play with the All Blacks during the next World Cup cycle.
However, New Zealand’s wide selection of midfielders has seen its opportunities at international level limited and Stade Francais will hope to persuade him to leave.
Another Super Rugby weekend is on record and there are lots of fireworks in Australia and New Zealand.
falling to their fifth successive loss, Rob Penney was given the boot on Sunday night ending an unsuccessful 18-month tenure at the club.
Meanwhile, Dave Rennie named his first Wallabies squad for 2021, naming a group full of young talent.
It’s a similar story in New Zealand with the embarrassment of the full-back talent all raising their hands for the All Blacks selection.
Read on to summarize some of the main talking points of the weekend action.
PENNEY IS FINALLY STAYED IN TAHS, THE COUNCIL MUST FOLLOW
Five game winless streak, three losing streaks and an inexperienced squad, something has to be given at the Waratahs and unfortunately for coach Rob Penney it means it’s time for him to step down.
Signing a three-year contract starting in 2020, Penney’s contract was canceled with more than 18 months remaining, with the NSW Rugby Board admitting Penney had an “inexperienced roster”, but following match reviews, they are not sure “there is enough significant improvement in the team for him. continue his role “.
Perhaps the writing was on the wall before the season began with a report suggesting Penney would be sacked if Tahs didn’t win their last game in 2020, while several former players – including Jed Holloway and Tom Robertson – denounced the sluggish culture at the club.
The decision shouldn’t be too surprising for Waratahs fans, after a The 46-14 loss to the Reds the night before at the Australian Stadium, but still received a lot of criticism. Hundreds of comments flooded the team’s social media pages, not Penney they wanted but insults thrown at the NSW board which they believe have put the club in this situation over the past five years through mismanagement.
Former Waratah wing Drew Mitchell has even weighed on Twitter.
Have you heard from Hooray, Rapp & other administrators recently?
In 2016, Tahs boasted a list featuring Sekope Kepu, Tolu Latu, Ned Hanigan, Dean Mumm, Will Skelton, Michael Hooper, Nick Phipps, Bernard Foley, Israel Folau, Rob Horne and Taqele Naiyaravoro. They then finished 16th out of 18 teams, while coach Daryl Gibson will keep his job and also get extra time. In the following years, 11 of these players have left the team.
Since his tenure began, Penney has seen his last most experienced players leave the team including Rob Simmons, Kurtley Beale and now Jack Dempsey announcing his departure at the end of 2021. It only questions the board’s decision not to spend the entirety of their salary cap.
Only hours after he called her Sunday morning, Penney informed him Sydney Morning Herald journalist Tom Decent: “My only comment at the moment is that I really want to stay and be part of the rebuilding.” One can only feel regret that such a coach with proven results would be dumped under the bus 18 months after he took the role.
The board’s decision to rely on young and inexperienced players should at least give him some time, he is not a miracle worker after all, and it gives him respite from the Tahs fans. But while many were expecting a tough year, the size of the losses was staggering and finally culminated in a board meeting three weeks ago. The moment Penney leaves with “full board support” it is almost certainly a kiss of death for any coaching job. Two weeks later he was escorted to the door.
In the end, Penney’s position was untenable. Record results against him, while only four players were selected in the Wallabies squad – again not surprising, but dire results for a franchise that consistently pushes the majority – but money can’t just stop at Penney, the board has to follow out the door.
AUSTRALIAN YOUNG WEAPONS TRUE DOMINATING THE WALLABIES CHOICE
With only four Waratah players and three from the Western Force mentioned Dave Rennie’s first Wallabies squad for 2021It’s no surprise that the Queensland Reds and Brumbies make up the bulk of the 40-man squad, with some of the most attractive young players from AU Super Rugby finding their place.
Naming the 14 players who have not played for training camp next month and the average age is only 25, Rennie told the media that his squad is a reflection of the current form of AU Super Rugby and its outlook on the future. This is a huge step forward for Australian rugby and a great opportunity for Australia’s best young talents to step up and claim their place.
This is a continuation of last year’s theme when Rennie mentioned 16 players who were yet to play, with 10 players set to make their trial debuts.
There is no surprise when names like Andy Muirhead, Seru Uru and Len Ikitau are mentioned. Their performance this year has made headlines and enlivened the AU Super Rugby competition. Their choice is a reflection of the hard work and rich talent that Australia has.
Ikitau was named in the squad last year after only five appearances for the Brumbies from the bench, but since moving to an off-center starting position he’s taken his game to a new level. You just have to watch Friday night’s performance against the Force where he scored twice along the 33-meter run. Team-mate Muirhead scored two goals of his own and was ultimately rewarded for his dominance on the right flank over the last two seasons.
Uru is another player to make every minute of the Reds count. His dominance and form are well-deserved after he equaled the record for most linebreaks by a striker in the AU Super Rugby before the weekend. His performance against Tahs on Saturday will no doubt secure his place after he made 11 tackles and ruined the breakdown.
The three of them were mentioned along with talented young people such as Feleti Kaitu’u, Angus Bell, Lachlan Lonergan, Darcy Swain, Tim Anstee and Josh Kemeny. Throw them in alongside last year’s squad like Pone Fa’amausili, Trevor Hosea, Lachie Swinton, Fraser McRight and Tate McDermott, and Wallabies fans deserve to be excited for the future.
Their choices came at the expense of some of Australia’s most experienced players, with Scott Sio and Folau Fainga’a both out of options. Although they have been hindered by injuries so far this season, their non-selection proves you can’t be complacent and there are plenty of test spots up for grabs for those who consistently feature.
INCREDIBLE FULLBACK AHEAD FOR MORE
The All Blacks have depth in most positions but the range of options coach Ian Foster will have to choose as a full-back this year, all of whom are in excellent form, is really something else.
This is not a new development but with Beauden Barrett leaving Japan, and the incumbent custodian who has confirmed his preference is still to play No. 10 at Test level, there may be a feeling that this is the year the two playmaker system is kept – or at least there is a belief that Aotearoa’s Super Rugby form should be appreciated.
Certainly both Jordie Barrett and Damian McKenzie could have done more to stake claims for the All Blacks No. 15 and then, looking a little further ahead, Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is also in great form at the NRL. Tuivasa-Sheck will switch to rugby once the 2021 NRL season is over.
Let’s start with Jordie Barrett. The Hurricanes full-back has been brilliant scored all of his team’s points in an impressive 30-19 win went to the Highlanders in Dunedin. Barrett was outstanding in every aspect of the game as he both created and then completed three attempts, kicked a long-range penalty and also saved the Hurricanes 10 points with desperate saves on Shannon Frizell and Freedom Vahaakolo.
Although he has no interest in switching to the No. A troublesome 10 at Hurricanes, Barrett moved between the wing-backs and the bona fide playmaker up front as demonstrated in his second of three attempts when he first shifted the ball back inside. Salesi Rayasi, kept alive as a support, and then received the ball from his wing to cross under the post.
Barrett could have done more to ensure The Hurricanes got four points and he deserves the honor of an all-round performance with a man-of-the-match award.
He has, however, been largely used on the wing so far at Test level due to Foster’s desire to establish a dual playmaker system with Richie Mo’unga and Beauden Barrett. Given that he has played at No. 10 for Suntory Sungoliath in Japan, Beauden Barrett may not necessarily be ready for the rigors of the rugby test when he returns from Asia.
Bouncing off three defenders to score the winner, McKenzie ensured the Chiefs faced each other just as it looked as though the Blues were about to cross the line.
McKenzie had switched to the fly-half role at the end of the game with good effect and that was again the case against the Blues in Hamilton.
How Foster and his fellow All Blacks selectors settle down at their full-backs will depend on whether they remain tied to a two-playmaker system, as New Zealand has been doing since mid-2019. But they are certainly blessed with an array of defender options – nor do they ignore David Havili despite him. impressively turning to the inner center for the Crusaders – to advance to the next World Cup.
And we haven’t even mentioned Will Jordan! Talk about the shame of wealth.
Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah has directed the provincial government departments to draw up a detailed plan for the cleanliness of the remaining 555 rainwater channels in Karachi, including 41 under the jurisdiction of the Karachi Metropolitan Corporation (KMC) and 514 under the District City Corporations (DMC), with the same rehabilitation model that was adopted for Mehmoodabad and other waterways.
“The Mehmoodabad and Gujjar canal cleanliness model is a complete package where not only is encroachment along the sewer eliminated, but affected people have been compensated and roads are being built along the nullah embankment,” he said while chairing a meeting of the Coordination and Implementation Committee. Province (PCIC) at CM House on Friday.
The meeting was informed that the anti-encroachment movement along Mehmoodabad Nullah had started on January 4, 2021 and 7.5 kilometers along both sides of the sewer had been cleared. Of the 56 compensation checks to be distributed among people displaced by the anti-encroachment movement, 49 have been distributed, he said.
Karachi Commissioner Naveed Shaikh briefed the meeting at the Karachi sewer and said that apart from the big nullah, the DMC has control over 514 drains in the city and cleaning work will begin on the 298 sewers.
He informed the meeting that the cleaning work would cost around Rs430 million, of which Rs119 million would be spent by the DMCs from their own resources and the remaining Rs316 million would have to be funded.
CM directed Local Government Minister Nasir Shah to submit documents to him in this regard so that the necessary finances could be approved and released. NED University Deputy Chancellor Dr Sarosh Lodhi told the meeting that the total drainage network of 39 waterways in Karachi is spread over 229.12 kilometers.
He added that his party had submitted a detailed survey report of the Manzoor Colony drainage, the main Gujjar drain, the Orangi main drain, the tributary of the Gujjar drain and the Manzoor Colony drain and a survey report of 25 drainages was being prepared.
He also made suggestions for improving drainage from the Hub, Eassa Nagri, Madina Colony, Mawach Goth and other waterways. The CM directed local government departments to draw up a detailed plan for restructuring of the Nullah as suggested by the vice chancellor.
KARACHI: Gunmen stormed a wedding ceremony in Karachi and prohibited participants from collecting their valuables as well as torturing the men and women who attended the event, ARY NEWS reported.
A family claims the incident happened yesterday while a wedding ceremony was taking place in the Juma Goth area, Korangi.
“The event is ongoing with one side of the passage blocked when gunmen enter during the ceremony and attack participants with pistols and sticks,” they said adding it caused the injuries of eight people including women and children.
They further blame that the police have not taken any action against those involved, who are still roaming freely.
The police while commenting on the matter said that a heated argument broke out between the two neighbors after one of them blocked the line due to the wedding ceremony.