Tag Archives: the activities

The top builders guarantee PM economic activity up to Rs1,3 trillion – Pakistan | Instant News


Last updated when July 31, 2020 18:54

PM Imran said increasing construction activities would help wealth and job creation

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – Prime Minister Imran Khan on Friday was convinced by 13 of the country’s leading builders to launch various projects over the next 4-5 months that will generate economic activity of up to Rs 1.3 trillion and the addition of 100,000 housing units.

The guarantee was made during the weekly meeting of the National Coordinating Committee for Housing, Construction and Development which was held in Islamabad with Prime Minister Imran Khan in the chair.

In addition to all the Chief Secretaries of leading provincial builders and developers from Karachi, Islamabad and Lahore attended the meeting to represent the country’s Builders and Developers Association.

The prime minister appreciates the Governor of the State Bank for its proactive role in encouraging private banks to provide much needed support to the construction sector.

Ages represent development organizations and developers at the national level and play a key role in private sector construction activities.

The Century Representative said that for the first time in the country’s history, not only NOCs and simplified permits but private banks encouraged builders and developers for construction and credit activities, of course, went to the ruling government and the State Bank. Pakistan (SBP).

The builders and developers assured the prime minister that the current system would help solve their problems quickly and await approval that would allow them to carry out projects worth billions of rupees.

Imran Khan while expressing satisfaction with the trust of the building community reaffirmed the government’s commitment to provide every possible facility for the construction sector.

He observed that big cities functioned as engines of growth and offered great opportunities for builders and developers. He said an increase in construction activities would help wealth and job creation which would enable the country to gain economic stability and reduce its debt burden.

.



image source

Filing for Bankruptcy in Brazil Jumped 28.9% in June From May, Up 87.1% in Year | Instant News


By Jeffrey T. Lewis

SAO PAULO – Filing for bankruptcy by Brazilian companies surged in June from May due to the closure of insignificant activities during the coronavirus pandemic hitting small businesses.

Submissions rose 28.9% from May, and jumped 87.1% from June 2019, the credit rating agency Boa Vista SCPC said Tuesday. Small businesses are by far the hardest hit by distant social measures, representing 93.4% of the total submissions in a month, according to Boa Vista.

Medium-sized businesses filed for 5.3% of bankruptcy requests last month, and large companies filed the remaining 1.3%, the credit rating agency said. Large companies are better able to handle decreases, with easier access to credit or with enough cash to pay their bills.

The Brazilian government has offered businesses various forms of credit to help them retain workers, but many of the smallest companies have difficulty accessing money. Revenue-hungry businesses should start getting help in the coming months because states and cities allow many people to reopen.

In Sao Paulo, the most populous city in Brazil, businesses including restaurants, bars, shops, fitness centers and hairdressers have been allowed to continue activities as the rate of infection and new deaths and hospital occupancy rates have stabilized.

Write to Jeffrey T. Lewis at [email protected]

 

.



image source

LRC sports activities resume from 7 June | Instant News


LAHORE: Lahore Race Club (LRC) will restart its sports activities once a week starting June 7 but with strict precautions determined by the LRC authorities to fight the spread of the corona virus.

LRC Chairman Makhdum Syed Ahmed Mahmud told ‘The News’ that this was a testing time for the club after the Pakistan Pakistan 2020, but after the proper steps there was no single corona case at the club. He further stated that the activities would continue with the Eid Cup. “We are going through difficult times and testing after the Pakistan Derby, 2020 our sporting activities are stopped. “Our stringent steps have yielded extraordinary results because there is not a single case of the Corona virus within our four walls,” he said, adding that now is the time to move forward and follow some other countries examples for the resumption of sports activities once a week but with strict precautions and conditions.

“Following the example of the United Kingdom we have decided to reduce our strategy, we have decided to resume our normal operations once a week on every Sunday with the following conditions: –

‘No one over the age of seventy (70) years except Stewards will be allowed into the Lahore Racing Club. No one without gloves will be allowed. No person without a face mask will be allowed. Everyone who enters the Club premises will be tested for body temperature. And the social distance of two meters will be strictly enforced by following the mark on the ground. ‘

“Steps taken with the flow of information to the general public enable us to hold the Eid Al-Fitr Cup ‘on Sunday 7 June 2020 from 07:30 at night. then, “said Mahmud. Previously, Shahzad Akhtar informed that they were working with a standard operating system (SOP) as determined by the Punjab government and after their permission, the activities would continue after Eid Al-Insya Allah.

Another official from the LRC informed that it was most likely that the race would take place on the last day of the month that was taking place on Sunday, May 31, but without spectators and bookies, only to get back on track to resume activities properly starting on June 7.

.



image source

KP plans to open tourism activities | Instant News


PESHAWAR: The Integrated Tourism Contingency Plan has been prepared to prepare the necessary arrangements for the possibility of opening tourist activities during the upcoming season at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.

Under the pan, Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs) have been designed for industries in the Covid affected area.

This will be notified immediately after approval by the joint committee of the Ministry of Health, Tourism, Aid and Planning.

Was told during a meeting held here on Wednesday to review preparations for the upcoming tourism season with Chief Minister Mahmood Khan on the chair, the official leaflet said.

In addition to the Tourism Secretary, the Secretary of Communication and Employment, the managing director, Tourism, other relevant officials attended the meeting.

The participants were given a brief explanation of the development of the formation of the Integrated Tourist Zone (ITZ) in the province.

Other development schemes initiated for tourism promotion are also discussed with special focus on projects related to road infrastructure in provincial tourist attractions.

The meeting was informed that under the Contingency Plan a tender had been submitted for the establishment of the Tourist Facilitation Hub, Portable Toilets and Rest Area.

All relevant departments, commissioners and deputy commissioners have been taken to carry out the plan.

Regarding the progress of the road infrastructure project at the tourist site, it was added that under the KITE Project supported by the World Bank, a feasibility study, detailed technical design and supervision of the construction of the 24 Kilometer Thandiani road expansion, 23 Kilometer Mankyal to Badha Setirai Road, 45 Kilometer Shishikoh to Madaklasht Road and 35 Kilometer Supat Valley Road has been completed.

Likewise five different roads with a total length of 60 Kilometers and nine different roads in the Malakand Division with a total length of 50 Kilometers in the Hazara Division have been included in the KP government’s Annual Development Plan.

Participants were told that four different sites had been identified for the establishment of ITZ in the province.

These sites include Ganool in Mansehra, Mankyal in Swat, Madaklasht in Chitral and Thandiani in Abbottabad.

It has been added that six more sites have been identified in the Hazara and Malakand Divisions for ITZ under the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor Project.

.



image source

Orders for Permanent Modified Homes, Stolen Masks, Ravinia Canceled – NBC Chicago | Instant News


(NOTE: Daily press conferences from Governor J.B. Pritzker and Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot will be broadcast live on the players above. Check back for updates.)

Illinois starts 30 more days under orders to stay at home throughout the state, but this time, everything has changed.

Some businesses can resume under the new order, but where certain restrictions are relaxed, others are increased.

Here are the latest developments on today’s coronavirus crisis (May 1):

New Home Stay Orders: Apply: This Is Changed

A new home stay order is now valid until May 30 in Illinois.

The order brought about changes that allowed state parks, greenhouses, dog groomers and golf courses to open, with restrictions. Retail stores that are not designated as non-essential businesses can be reopened to fulfill telephone and online orders through out-of-store pickup and delivery.

But it also brought changes to “important business” such as occupancy limits, social distance requirements and masks for all, including employees.

All residents over the age of 2 will be asked to wear face masks, unless medically unable, when in public spaces where social distance is not possible.

The following are full details of these changes.

Ravinia Cancels Summer Concert Season Because of Coronavirus Pandemic

Ravinia has canceled the 2020 summer concert season for the first time since the Great Depression due to the coronavirus pandemic, where music was announced Friday.

“Our long and comprehensive discourse on this topic has led us to the conclusion that it is not possible to continue the season,” Ravinia President and CEO Welz Kauffman said in a statement.

Open spaces on the outskirts of Highland Park are scheduled to hold more than 120 events between June and September, the festival said, including the annual summer residence of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra.

Face Mask Stolen from the Lion Art Institute

Face masks adorn one of the iconic lion statues at the entrance of the Chicago Art Institute was stolen Thursday night, less than 24 hours after the symbolic mask was applied.

An Art Institute security guard saw two men get out of a black Chevrolet sedan around 10:55 a.m. and proceed to ascend to one of the statues in the museum, 111 S. Michigan Ave., according to Chicago police. They cut off the mask from the lion’s head and fled into the car.

No one was arrested, police said.

Illinois Casino remains closed until further notice

The Illinois Game Board has decreed state casinos will remain closed and its video gambling terminal will remain dark “until further notice” is the country’s struggle to prevent further spread of coronaviruses, officials announced Thursday.

Game board administrator Marcus Fruchter said the agency would consult with public health professionals and review conditions before video gambling and casinos would be allowed to continue.

Gambling in Illinois has been suspended since March 16. Fruchter’s announcement marks the third extension of the closure.

Illinois Casino Association’s executive director Tom Swoik said casino operators hope they can restart operations on June 1. He estimates 10 casinos in the state have lost about $ 100 million over the six weeks they have closed, putting more than 5,000 employees out of work.

.



image source

Yemen takes exception to the activities of STC armed rebels | Instant News


ISLAMABAD: The Yemeni government has made serious exceptions to these activities and continued armed rebellion from the so-called Southern Transitional Council (STC) in the temporary capital of Aden.

According to the Yemeni embassy in Islamabad, Yemen has called on the international community, the United Nations, the Arab League, the Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) and the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) to condemn this coup against the state and the state. institutions and support legitimate governments, to implement a Security Council resolution (UNSC) which affirms the unity, sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Yemen. Yemeni government statement on the continuing armed uprising of the so-called Southern Transitional Council (STC) in the interim capital of Aden, April 26, 2020.

.



image source

More than 50 New Coronavirus Deaths Reported in LA County – NBC Los Angeles | Instant News


More than 50 new deaths due to COVID-19 were reported in Los Angeles County on Friday, and with 43% of the county’s deaths occurring in skilled nursing homes, new restrictions were imposed on all long-term care facilities to ban visitors and prohibit joint activities. in.

Another 52 deaths from coronavirus were reported on Friday by Barbara Ferrer, director of the district’s Department of Public Health, although that number included one death reported Thursday afternoon by the city of Pasadena, which has its own health agency.

Long Beach, which also has its own health agency, announced two additional deaths, bringing the total to 29 cities.

The new deaths bring the total area to 850. Ferrer said one death previously reported in the county turned out to be a resident of another jurisdiction.

Ferrer notes that 91% of people who have died of disease in the area have an underlying health condition.

Ferrer also reported 1,035 other confirmed COVID-19 cases, bringing the total to 18,517. Pasadena then reported six other cases, while Long Beach added 22 more cases, bringing the total area to 18,545.

A total of 293 institutional arrangements – including nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, assisted living facilities, shelters, prisons and prisons – have at least one case. These institutions have accounted for a total of 5,339 cases, and 365 deaths, representing 43% of all corona virus deaths in the area. Most of the deaths were residents of skilled care facilities, where testing is being boosted starting Monday to include all residents and staff regardless of whether they show symptoms.

The continuing increase in cases and deaths in nursing homes pushed district health officials Friday to issue revised orders that apply to all “combined health care,” or long-term care, facilities, Ferrer said.

The order prohibits non-essential visitors to the facility, so that only important workers can enter.

“This postpones all joint meals and activities … to ensure that there is sufficient distance between the residents who live there,” Ferrer said. “Staff will be asked to always wear surgical masks and use personal protective equipment if appropriate. And residents also need to wear surgical masks or face masks when they are outside their private rooms.”

He said the increase in tests that would begin Monday was also part of the new health order, but the plan was announced earlier because of the continuing increase in cases and knowledge that people who were unconsciously infected could spread the disease even though they had no symptoms. .

Improved testing of all residents and nursing home workers, regardless of symptoms, is being carried out in conjunction with the city of Los Angeles. Ferrer said facilities with the most severe outbreaks would be given top priority, but all houses would get increased testing.

Nursing homes have been a concern since the outbreak began, given the close limits of patients and staff. This week, members of the California National Guard were deployed to four nursing homes in the county to assist with the operation, mainly due to lack of adequate staff as a result of the spread of the virus.

“We are not asking for the National Guard, but we are asking for help,” Ferrer said. “And the National Guards are great. We did ask the states to help us in staffing. The easiest thing for them to do is mobilize the National Guards and we are very grateful because they did. And they continue to give us support.”

On Friday, more than 108,000 people were tested for the corona virus in the area, with 15% positive, Ferrer said.

Ferrer announced Thursday that an average of 44 people had died of the corona virus during the previous 12 days, making COVID-19 the leading cause of death in the area, which surpassed flu, lung disease and heart disease.

Of the 848 people who died of coronavirus in the county, ethnic data are available for 771 people. Of those, 37% are Latinx, 28% white, 18% Asian, 15% black, 1% native to Hawaii / Pacific Islands and the other 1%.

Included in more than 18,500 cases in the district were 100 homeless people, most of them due to the plague under investigation at the Union Rescue Mission on Skid Row in downtown Los Angeles. Ferrer said the county was still waiting for some test results from the facility, but officials said earlier this week that at least 56 people had tested positive, and one staff member had died.

.



image source

The business community throughout Pakistan announced the resumption of activities from April 15 | Instant News


.



image source

Bykea is committed to CSR activities during locking | Instant News


.



image source

Driving in Illinois Allowed to ‘Essential Travel Only,’ Chicago Police Stress – NBC Chicago | Instant News


Drivers in Chicago are warned by police that travel in Illinois must be limited to important destinations.

Chicago police officers began conducting roadside safety and information check points Tuesday in each police district to provide drivers with information about the state of residence at home in Illinois.

They will continue on Wednesday and Thursday nights, according to the department, and will last around 45 minutes each night. They are scheduled to take place between 10 p.m. and 2 in the morning

“They started last night they will continue tonight and until we think they are not necessary,” Supt Temporary Police. Charlie Beck said Wednesday. “They are for two purposes: primarily they are the enforcement of traffic to ensure the use of seat belts and to check driving under the influence, but they are also used as information opportunities to ensure that everyone understands that important travel is the only thing permitted on the trip which is essential for vehicles only. Nobody wanders around, there is no destination without a reason. Only travel is important and we will give that information to those we stop. ”

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot announced at 9 p.m. curfew of liquor sales in the city starting Thursday.

Travel is not prohibited during “stay at home” orders, but
State officials say that travel can only be done for what he calls “essential”
reason.

These reasons can include:

– Perform important activities, government functions, business
and surgery

-Caring for the elderly, minors, dependents, people with disabilities
or other vulnerable people

-Receive material for distance learning, receive food and
other related services from educational institutions.

Return to residence from outside the jurisdiction

-Following the direction of law enforcement or court order,
including to transport children in accordance with the custody agreement

-Back to a residence outside the country to
non resident

More than 13,000 people in Illinois, including more than 5,500 in Chicago, have contracted COVID-19 since the pandemic began.

Recently, the city police department joined Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot in announcing curfew of liquor sales from 9 pm across the city.

.



image source