Tag Archives: There is no

Boxing: Joseph Parker retaliated after taunts from heavyweight rivals | Instant News


Sports

The two fighters Joseph Parker hoped to next publicly mocked him after his defeat to Junior Fa at the weekend, but the Kiwi heavyweight suffered nothing.

Parker, the WBO number three fighter, beat the Fa by unanimous decision on Saturday night, even though many viewers thought the Fa deserved more points than the jury eventually awarded him.

The fact that the fight went so far, after Parker’s team admitted before the match they needed an early knock-out to make a statement, has opened New Zealand’s top heavyweights to criticism. And it is the potential opponents who score the goals first.

Even before Saturday’s bout, Parker was eyeing Derek Chisora ​​and the winner of the title fight while Oleksandr Usyk and Joe Joyce WBO are believed to be scheduled for later this year.

“I’m open to fighting anyone,” Parker told Sky Sports News. “But with talks from my promoters, Eddie Hearn and Matchroom and with [manager] David Higgins, they’ve got a clear path for me this year.

“Take care of Junior, then against Chisora, then against the winners Usyk and Joyce.”

Looking at Chisora’s social media accounts, this ever-present British competitor is in no way constrained by prospects.

Post on Twitter immediately after the end of the fight, Chisora ​​posted a photo of herself and Parker as well as their career statistics; however Parker’s head has been replaced with a chicken and the hashtag #chisoravchicken has been posted on the side.

Derek Chisora ​​takes down the provocative Joseph Parker.  Photo / Twitter
Derek Chisora ​​takes down the provocative Joseph Parker. Photo / Twitter

Chisora ​​confirmed with Sky Sports UK that the two sides are in discussions to fight and that he is not at all impressed with the Auckland game.

“The fighting is not good,” said Chisora. “The simple reason is they don’t train much. They are not fit, they are not training hard enough. There is no fear factor for either of them.”

As soon as Parker saw Chisora’s post, he immediately replied; labeled the British as “donkeys” afraid to fight outside Great Britain, let alone New Zealand.

“Come to NZ if you think you’ve got what a donkey needs. I’ll get this done anywhere,” Parker wrote on Twitter as he tagged his manager David Higgins, British promoter Eddie Hearn and Chisora ​​promoter, David Haye.

This isn’t the first time Parker and Chisora ​​have exchanged verbal blows. In 2019 Parker promised to send Chisora ​​into retirement with a knockout defeat in front of his London supporters – if he ever gets another chance.

“I told him beforehand that I would retire him and I would be his last fight. Locked in the fight, I will put on a good show. He will get the money he wants, but I will make him retire. He has a good career,” said Parker. to Sky Sports UK at the time.

Meanwhile, Joyce also took to Twitter after watching the Parker-Fa fight to say she wasn’t threatened by what she saw either.

“Either of the two, it doesn’t matter,” he wrote.

For Parker, Chisora ​​will now likely be the first of those fighters in a hugely popular bout in London where both fighters have huge fan bases, and then, perhaps, a mandatory challenge to the WBO belt he once held against Joyce, or Usyk.

.



image source

Abused youth recounts time in Rangipo Prison: ‘Like nothing else on Earth’ | Instant News


Stanmore Road Boys’ Home in Christchurch ‘is kind of a violent place’ but what’s worse is coming for a man who has shared his experiences with RNZ. Photo / 123rf

By Andrew McRae for RNZ

One man who came through state care at an orphanage, boys’ home, corrective training and finally prison, believes his life has been pushed back by at least 30 years by the way he was treated and the physical and psychological abuse he endured.

Aaron, who is 50 years old, comes from a broken home and his interview with RNZ is the first time he has spoken publicly about his experiences in care.

He lived on the streets for a year at the age of 9.

Aaron ended up at Stanmore Road Boys’ Home in Christchurch at 13 o’clock.

Her stepfather beat her if she made a mistake and one day she stood up and beat her back. The police were called and Aaron was sent to Stanmore.

One of his first memories of being at a boy’s house was seeing a drug addict using a syringe. “ It’s kind of a violent place. ”

He said those who run the house put one of the older boys in charge, as a kingpin to fire shots.

“Anyone who doesn’t do what he wants or behaves badly, he will make other people beat them. That’s perfectly normal. ”

She said she was never sexually assaulted like some of the other men in the house at the same time, but there was a lot of physical abuse.

Aaron was sent back to the Stanmore Road home when he was 14 or 15 after fighting and assaulting someone.

At the age of 16 he was sent to Rangipo Prison (now Tongariro Prison) for three months on the central North Island for what was then called corrective training.

A place of constant violence

He described it as the worst place he had ever been. “ That’s so unreal. ”

He was sure that all of the officers were former soldiers.

He said prisoners were forced to run all over the place and work in the forestry blocks and there was a lot of violence – “heaps, all the time”. “

“ You will not look at a prison officer, you will only be punched.

“ I had officers beat me, choke me, do dirty tricks like inserting a fire hose through my window in the middle of the night and then turning it on. ”

There is "pile" violence at Rangipo Prison Plantation on central North Island, said a former convict who was only 16 years old when he went there.  Photo / National Library of New Zealand
There was a “heap” of violence at Rangipo Prison Farm on central North Island, said a former inmate who was only 16 years old when he went there. Photo / National Library of New Zealand

He said the inmates had to do a 20 km run every weekend and although he was lucky to be fit, others were not so lucky.

” You will get a new person there and he will not know what the way is and they will not be fit and decide to get into the truck with the runners – big mistake.

In the back of the truck there are always half a dozen officers there smoking drugs, so whoever gets into the truck is beaten and kicked out about 60 seconds later.

“ They would be covered in blood and we sometimes helped them get up and other times we were forced to do push-ups when they got together and started running again, but they ran away after that, ” he said.

Self-harm is an option

Aaron said some inmates were taking bold action to leave Rangipo. This includes injuring yourself for transfer.

“People try to break their arms all the time or break bones because if you can’t work there, you can’t stay there and you have to go to the main prison.

“ I saw a friend, a good Māori boy, he had to work first, jumped out of the truck first and took the ax used to cut the bushes in the forest and walked behind the bush and cut off his leg, telling boss that he slipped with an ax.

“ His boots are flapping and he has cut off quite a bit of the toe. ”

He said the inmates would fight amongst themselves but if they were caught, they ended up being beaten up by “ some screws ” (prison officials).

At the age of 18, Aaron was convicted on a range of charges including murder, assault and grievous physical assault and sentenced to eight and a half years in prison.

He is serving a five-and-a-half year sentence but says three months in Rangipo is much more difficult.

“ Before going to Rangipo, I thought I was lucky enough to live on the streets when I was 9 or 10 years old because it made it difficult for me. ”

Prison opportunity ‘to find out’

He was 24 years old when he was released from prison and has since tried to stay straight and narrow.

“ Maybe, to me, prison is what I need because it gives me time to stop and start thinking about it. ”

She married shortly thereafter and moved to Australia to work as a diamond driller and in mining.

He returned to New Zealand and studied adult building apprenticeship and now has his own building company that employs people.

“ Many people who know me will not know about my past. ”

Prepare both of them to fail and overcome them

Aaron is thinking of telling his story to the Royal Commission in Abuse in Care.

“ The system in some ways prepared me for a life of failure, but it also set me up to cope in other ways too, for some of the things I was going through.

“ I think the main thing in my life that probably impacted the most was three months in Rangipo. It was truly like no other place on Earth.

“ I saw people who were with me in Rangipo and of course they are victims and they have had other victims and I think it’s just a vicious circle and it has to stop somewhere. ”

He said the time in Rangipo only made them harder, which did not benefit them or their family or community.

“ I don’t know if what happened can be fixed. There are still things in my life that I do and sometimes I have to like to open them up and say: ‘That’s not really what I want to do and not what I want’.

“ Sometimes I have to hold back because some of those things can happen naturally and you don’t even notice it before you’re halfway through.

“There is a lot of hope for the next generation which is certain but it must start now. ”

Where to get help:

• Lifeline: 0800 543354 (available 24/7)
Suicide Crisis Helpline: 0508 828 865 (0508 SUPPORT) (available 24/7)
• Youth services: (06) 3555 906
• Youthline: 0800 376 633
• Kidsline: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
Whatsup: 0800 942 8787 (13.00 to 23.00)
Depression helpline: 0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
• Rainbow Youth: (09) 376 4155
• Helpline: 1737

If it’s an emergency and you think you or someone else is at risk, call 111.

.



image source

Perez Hilton on how Ellen DeGeneres survived her scandal and why she did so well | Instant News


Perez Hilton and Ellen DeGeneres. Photo / Provided

2020 will be a year that many people are happy to forget, no more so than Ellen DeGeneres.

The comedian’s career and reputation took a devastating blow last year when Hollywood insiders accused him of being one of the “meanest people alive” and dozens of former Ellen Show staff members accused widespread sexual harassment among top executives on the show.

Oh, and he has COVID-19 too.

After firing three of her producers, Ellen returned to the talk show in September and made a heartfelt apology, saying: “I know that the things that happened here (on The Ellen Show) should never have happened. I take them very seriously. , and I want to say I’m very sorry to those who were affected. “

Twelve months of catastrophic headlines would have ended most people’s careers, but Ellen managed to survive. The question is, how?

According to celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, Ellen was helped by years of chaos on international news shows.

“Living here in LA, we are all involved in the election and our COVID situation is out of control, so it dwarfs everything,” he told news.com.au.

“I think the scandal story is over and over. Here in LA, everyone has moved away from there.

“I haven’t heard any new reports about anything bad that happened at Ellen’s set, so it looks like they’ve fixed the situation and it’s like last year’s news.”

Perez argues that if Ellen’s toxic workplace scandal happens in 2018 or 2019 rather than 2020, it’s likely that her career won’t last.

Ellen DeGeneres discusses a toxic workplace scandal on her show.  Photo / YouTube
Ellen DeGeneres discusses a toxic workplace scandal on her show. Photo / YouTube

“Two years ago he had not announced whether he would renew his contract,” he told news.com.au. “He probably didn’t want to update it, I would imagine, if it was going to be a bigger story that dragged on for longer.”

And the fact that Ellen’s career has survived isn’t a bad thing, Perez told news.com.au.

“Back here: I’d rather celebrities be fake and do good than real celebrities and not do good,” he said.

“Ellen has done lots of good things for lots of people. She donates millions of dollars to charity, gives money, houses and cars to people on her shows, she makes people very happy every day.

“I’m willing to ignore things,” he laughed.

Perez gave another example, saying: “Madonna is my favorite artist of all time and many people who know her say that she is … ab ** ch. And I don’t care! She is still my favorite artist of all time.”

PEREZ WANTS TO BACK TO AUSTRALIA

After appearing on I’m a Celeb in January 2020, Perez told news.com.au that he wanted to star in more Australian TV shows.

“I definitely want to appear on television more. Dancing With the Stars? Masked Singer? A date? Maybe they will bring back Celebrity Big Brother, it will be a great holiday.”

He also wants to appear on Australian Idol which will air on Channel 7 in 2022.

“I can see myself doing that because I have helped many musicians throughout their careers, not only by talking about them on my website but by mentoring them and providing lots of advice,” he told news.com.au. “I love it.

“Australia knows how to contact me, I’m very easy to reach!” she laughed.

.



image source

Engin Altan glad to know PM Imran Khan admired ‘released: Ertugrul’ | Instant News



Turkish actor Engin Altan Duzyatan spent a busy day in Lahore during his brief visit to Pakistan on Friday.

The actor who played the lead role in the popular TV series “Released: Ertugrul” spoke at a press conference where he spoke about the historical series and expressed his thoughts on Pakistan.

The Turkish actor said he was pleased Prime Minister Imran Khan admired the series and suggested the show to the Pakistani people.

Answering a question about working in Pakistan, he said he would definitely work in a Pakistani drama as long as there was a good story.

Speaking of Pakistan, he said he was well aware of the beauty of the South Asian country but was unable to travel around the country because of his short visit.

.



image source

Authorities are looking for a missing 11-year-old boy | Instant News


The Florida Department of Law Enforcement issued an AMBER Warning Sunday morning after an 11-year-old boy disappeared.

According to officials, Keavon Washington was last seen in the 1600 block area of ​​West 45th Street in Jacksonville.

“He might be in the Jacksonville or Gainesville area,” FDLE said.

Washington has brown hair and brown eyes, officials say.

Anyone who has information is asked to call 911.

AMBER FDLE Alert

Copyright 2020 by WKMG ClickOrlando – All rights reserved.

.



image source