These cases were filed against Uzair Baloch at the Kalri Police Station.
KARACHI (Dunya News) – An anti-terrorism court in Karachi on Saturday has upheld rulings in three cases against gang war leader Lyari Uzair Baloch and is likely to be announced on February 18.
Cases – including an explosive attack on police during Operation Lyari – were filed against Uzair Baloch at the Kalri Police Station. The suspect has previously been released in more than five cases and more than 52 cases are still being filed against him.
It should be noted that ATC had previously heard of the kidnapping of a businessman for ransom and murder, and a key witness identified Uzair Baloch. The witness said at the trial that Uzair Baloch had kidnapped Abdul Samad, the son of a soap trader.
Witnesses said Uzair Baloch had asked for a ransom of Rs 200,000 for his son’s release, then his son was killed for not paying the ransom. Uzair Baloch said in his statement that this was a false accusation denying kidnapping and ransom money.
Broadcast and Media Minister Kris Faafoi also announced a $ 50 million support package last April. Photo / Mark Mitchell
The government will spend $ 55 million over the next three years to help ensure “public interest journalism” continues across the New Zealand media landscape.
The contestable funds – to be managed by NZ On Air – will be made available to media outlets to fill public interest services that would otherwise not have been produced without funding.
Broadcasting and Media Minister Kris Faafoi said the funds would help keep grassroots, public interest journalism and investigative reporting alive.
Much of this type of journalism, he says, has either declined or struggled over the past decade.
“The fund will ensure this kind of journalism continues to play a vital role in sharing stories that keep New Zealanders informed and engaged and support healthy democracy by holding influential voices to account.”
The announcement was welcomed by NZME managing editor Shayne Currie, who said the fund demonstrated that the Government understands the importance of a place in New Zealand in strong, independent and vigorous journalism in their communities.
“Supporting the public interest, investigative and community-based journalism is one of a number of issues facing the media in New Zealand,” he said.
“While NZME welcomes the extension of the Government’s journalism support fund to 2023, we also look forward to engaging with the Government in addressing some of the significant structural challenges facing our industry.”
These issues, he said, include the continuing impact of the technology sector and global social media as well as the role of state-owned media in New Zealand.
The money – $ 10 million this financial year, $ 20 million next year and another $ 25 million in 2022/23 – will be open to all media, Faafoi said.
“Covid-19 and last year’s lockdown highlight the critical role of our media in providing up-to-date, independent and trusted information to the public.”
He said the Government wants to ensure that this type of coverage is supported and developed, where media operations often reduce resources to reduce costs.
This is the second phase of Government funding for media that Faafoi has announced.
In April, he revealed the details of a $ 50 million package aimed specifically at helping media companies get through Covid-19.
At that time, many publications were impacted by the decline in advertising revenue.
The package was broken down into a number of areas including cutting radio and TV transmission costs for six months, and eliminating NZ On Air contribution fees for the 2020/21 fiscal year.
At that time, Faafoi promised that another support package would be delivered soon.
This morning he said independent media experts had worked with the government to develop the fund announced today.
“These insights will help inform detailed design and delivery of funds.”
Further details on deliveries and designs will be available in late March, with applications opening around the end of April.
Over the past year Currie said NZME has been fully engaged with the NZ on Air and Local Democracy Reporting initiative.
“This pilot program, funding community-based reporters, means our print and digital audiences have access to an expanded portfolio of important local stories including coverage of local authorities, community councils and district health councils.”
LONDON, 8 February 2021 / PRNewswire / – Today, THREE, the trade association representing the video game industry, has published a new report calling for the creation of a UK Video Game Investment Fund (VGIF) to support the growth of the sector. Powering Up: Video Games Investment Fund (February 2021) analyzing industry survey data, international comparisons, and economic modeling to outline a case for VGIF.
Difficulty accessing capital has consistently been one of the main factors holding back many game developers in the UK. British game studios often struggle to raise capital for growth. This financial gap means that many small, new and innovative companies struggle to scale and are vulnerable to closure or collapse.
VGIF will address this funding gap by providing funding of between £ 75,000 and £ 500,000 for game developers across the country. Funding between £ 75,000 and £ 100,000 will be delivered as a grant while any allocation above £ 100,000 will require companies to match pound for pound to ensure that gaming companies find new investment from other sources.
A survey of 45 publisher and independent development studios was conducted at October 2020 found that:
The main obstacles to the growth of game studios are seen as access to finance and market saturation.
Access to finance in general (be it equity, debt, or government funding), was cited by 50 percent of indie studio respondents as a barrier to their growth.
82% of studios see a positive benefit from VGIF and only 18% will not apply.
Original IP creation, company stability and employee growth are the top 3 benefits.
The report calculates that VGIF, at an aggregate cost of £ 26.5 million over 5 years, will generate a net contribution to HM Treasury of £ 45 million (i.e. a return on investment of 170 per cent) and will benefit the UK gaming industry and the broader economy. the following impacts:
441 new full-time development roles will be created between 2021 and 2025.
806 new development support roles will be created between 2021 and 2025.
£ 78 million in additional investment by the studios between 2021 and 2025.
£ 72 million in additional tax revenue for HM Treasury will be generated between 2021 and 2025.
£ 174 million in additional GDP will be generated between 2021 and 2025.
The government has stated that it is ‘watching’ THREE’s proposal for VGIF. In February 2, 2021, Minister for Digital and Culture, Caroline Dinenage MP, answered written questions about the THREE proposal, noting that the Ministry of Digital, Culture, Media and Sports was looking for ideas to create new ones, large-scale video game investment funds.
Dr Richard Wilson OBE, CEO of TIGA said:
“The UK video game industry is one of the sectors that the UK Government should promote over the coming months and years. It is a high-skilled, high-tech, export-focused industry. Our sector has the potential to support employment and growth throughout the United Kingdom. , with the game development group from Brighton to Dundee and 80 percent of the workforce is based outside London. “
“Difficulty accessing capital has consistently been a major factor holding back many game developers in the UK. This is why THREE asked the Government to introduce a Video Game Investment Fund to support the long-term growth of the video game industry. This initiative, alongside increased Video Game Tax Assistance, will enable the technology industry’s continued success and growth in the years to come. “
TIGA is a network for game developers and digital publishers and trade associations representing the video game industry. For more information visit: www.tiga.org
(MENAFN – Swissinfo) The canton of Vaud in western Switzerland has been the latest to launch mass Covid-19 testing, with pilot schemes at its three largest ski resorts.
This content is published on 5 February 2021 – 12:43 5 February 2021 – 12:43 RTS / jc View in other languages: 1
Starting Friday, the canton is offering free voluntary testing ahead of a week of school holidays starting February 20. The campaign started at the Villars-sur-Ollon resort (which by 16:00 had carried out nearly 400 tests, four of which were positive), and will then come to Les Diablerets and Leysin. The test is offered to anyone over 12 years of age, including non-residents.
The aim is to ‘save the end of the ski season’, according to Vaud authorities, and to avoid clusters of coronavirus such as the one in Verbier in December. Verbier is in the neighboring canton of Valais, which is expected to take part in the test.
Switzerland has kept its ski resorts open despite the pandemic and this has caused tensions with several neighboring countries.
Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.