Tag Archives: time

FBR searches for videos of sugar production in real-time | Instant News


KARACHI: The tax department has asked sugar mills to provide real-time access to video monitoring of crushing and other production processes in an effort to prevent tax evasion, it studied on Saturday.

The Karachi Large Taxpayer Office (LTO) directed the sugar factory to install video cameras to comply with mandatory online monitoring of production activities. They are required to obtain a video analytics system from an authorized vendor installed at their facility.

LTO Karachi has jurisdiction over 29 sugar mills for tax assessment. The application of a video analysis system for electronic monitoring of sugar production is mandatory for the 2020/21 crushing season.

In September, FBR introduced ‘video analytics rules for electronic monitoring of the production of certain goods’ through a statutory order. The following month, the Pakistan Sugar Factory Association (PSMA) signed a memorandum of understanding for the implementation of video analytics rules.

Video analytics technology has been introduced to monitor the production of certain items through high-tech video cameras to be installed in the sugar industry production lines.

“The introduction of the new technology will allow FBR to receive real-time video analytics data from production from its manufacturing sites and use it for tax collection purposes,” said an official at LTO Karachi. The video camera will capture information indicating production through object detection and counting, transmit data to the control room in FBR in real-time and detect unexpected downtime.

FBR intends to expand monitoring via video cameras to include the production and supply of other consumer goods included in the third timetable of the 1990 Sales Tax Act which covers goods sold in retail packaging on the open market. These items include fruit juices, ice cream, sparkling water / drinks, squash, cigarettes, beauty soap / shampoo / toothpaste / perfume / cosmetics.

A senior FBR official told The News last month that tax avoidance in the sugar sector was huge because large supplies were being made to the undocumented sector. Sugar mills, on the other hand, said they had borne additional sales tax costs of around Rs13 billion per year for two and a half years due to differences in tax rates.

“FBR officials are silent on the issue of fixing the price of sugar for sales tax even though the retail price of the commodity has skyrocketed,” said the anonymous official. “The sugar factory charges a sales tax of Rs60 per kg and deposits it in cash.” PSMA said the sugar industry had paid sales tax for a higher value in accordance with the law because no violations had ever been reported by the relevant tax authorities.

.



image source

The food kitchen was strapped for cash as they prepared for Christmas | Instant News


Christmas is coming and the Putnam County Food Pantry has an unusual need: Clients.

The new coronavirus is not good for the poor and hungry, but COVID-19 is also harsh on the PC Food Pantry. Infection control requires that the PC offers limited access and limited options. As a result, clients do not arrive in regular volumes.

“We need people,” complained manager John Shimkus, who would help whoever came. “Our clients are down 30%.”

Other food kitchens across Starved Rock Country are gearing up for Christmas and not anticipating fewer clients. On the contrary. Pandemic figures are increasing demand for holidays and that means the food kitchen needs financial support.

“We’re asking for cash,” said Beth Vercolio-Osmund, director of Community Food Basket development in Ottawa, “both because of the COVID problem and also because cash is more efficient.”

He explained that food donations were not as helpful in 2020 as in previous years as they were concerned about surface transmission of the new coronavirus. Cash, on the other hand, allows them to buy bulk food at a deep discount with less worry about handling.

The Illinois Food Pantry in La Salle is also seeking monetary donations, although executive director Mary Jo Credi says she will not always refuse food donations.

COVID-19 prevents La Salle’s kitchen from having a Mayflower food drive, as a result they need holiday staples like turkey, ham, packets of gravy, instant potatoes, “anything to help our clients on vacation”.

But Credi warned donors that infection control requires that food donations come directly from the store.

“We can’t get the food that’s in people’s cupboards,” he said, “and we can’t pick up expired food.”

But, again, cash is king. At the Western Bureau County Food Pantry in Sheffield, manager Jackie Pilcher said the excess cash could be used for children’s treats or to meet unexpected needs.

“We can use anything,” said Bertie Beckman, president of the Streatorland Community Food Pantry, “but the best thing is money.”

COVID-19 has one unexpected benefit for the Township Food Pantry Hall: Clients are no longer shivering outside while waiting for food.

Jan Martin, executive director of the pantry in Spring Valley, explains the pantry has to switch from client preference to curbside pickups, which means he and his staff have to bundle up while clients wait outside with engines running and the heat blowing.

“Actually, people love it,” said Martin. “They don’t have to stand in line, they can sit in a warm car waiting for food.”

Cash is accepted in Spring Valley because everything is booked. Martin anticipates having to feed 350 families to Yuletide this year, up from about 300 last Christmas, which means about one in 10 people in the pantry service area will seek food assistance this year.

.



image source

A New Zealand baby with a life-threatening disease is stranded with her parents in Ireland | Instant News


James and Elizabeth Dunne are eager to return to New Zealand with baby Harrison. Photo / Provided

There is a growing hope that a New Zealand baby born in Europe with a life-threatening disease can come home in time for Christmas to meet with her extended family.

New Zealand mother Elizabeth Dunne gave birth to her son Harrison in Ireland in September after she traveled there with her husband James to seek medical help after suffering a previous miscarriage.

But Harrison came into a world “not breathing or moving”.

She was diagnosed with myotubular myopathy, a genetic condition that makes her muscles weak and she relies on a ventilator to help her breathe.

Informed that the healthiest option for Harrison and his family was to return to New Zealand, the Dunnes were shocked to learn that they would need to charter a specialist medical plane for € 250,000 – nearly NZ $ 430,000.

However, the fee was lowered to € 70,000, less than NZ $ 100,000, in the last day or two after doctors concluded that specialist aircraft were not required for Harrison to fly home.

A Gofundme page now set up to help the family raise money and go home, James’s father told Irish radio station Beat.

“As a parent, you want what’s best for your children in normal situations, but put that in a hyper-nightmare situation and then add to the world pandemic, and give 14,000 kilometers between you and the place you want to be,” he said.

James and Elizabeth Dunne are eager to return to New Zealand with baby Harrison.  Photo / Provided
James and Elizabeth Dunne are eager to return to New Zealand with baby Harrison. Photo / Provided

The nightmare diagnosis for baby Harrison came after the Dunnes family suffered multiple heartbreaks trying to give birth.

The young family, who have taken over the Palmerston North Aqaba cafe from Elizabeth’s parents, have had four miscarriages.

Elizabeth also had a molar pregnancy, a complication in which the tissue around a fertilized egg develops abnormally to form a mass that needs to be removed.

They then traveled to Ireland, where James’s parents lived, to meet with doctors, who had helped women with a history of miscarriage to have a successful birth.

There was no indication that anything was wrong with the pregnancy until baby Harrison was born “drooping” and unable to move.

Mum Elizabeth told Irish station Beat that there had been developments at Harrison since she was born and that they were “holding on to hope.”

However, there is no cure for her condition and doctors have told them not to expect her to live long.

“There is no drug, clinical trial, surgery or drug that will fix Harrison. All we can control is the life we ​​provide for him,” the family said on their Gofundme website.

Elizabeth said her family was “trying to live the best possible life” in every precious moment spent together.

Because of this they have had “a lot of discussion with doctors about quality of life”, he said.

This ultimately led to the belief that returning to New Zealand was important so that they could be near their support network and give Harrison the “happiest and most fulfilling life”.

Baby Harrison was born with myotubular myopathy, a genetic condition that weakens his muscles and relies on a ventilator to breathe.  Photo / Provided
Baby Harrison was born with myotubular myopathy, a genetic condition that weakens his muscles and relies on a ventilator to breathe. Photo / Provided

But there are also medical reasons.

Specialists told the family it was important to protect Harrison from illness for the next two years because even the common cold can be difficult for him to recover from.

“New Zealand is currently moving towards more favorable weather for Harrison and giving him the best possible start before the next cold and flu season,” the couple said.

“For this reason we are eager to be home before Christmas, when summer really starts. All we have now is time with him.”

.



image source

Zaman from Pakistan ruled out New Zealand touring because of fever | Instant News


Cricket – Second T20 International – England v Pakistan – Emirates Old Trafford, Manchester, England – 30 August 2020 Fakhar Zaman Pakistan in action Mike Hewitt / Pool via REUTERS / Files

LAHORE (Reuters) – Opener Fakhar Zaman has been left from a Pakistan tour of New Zealand as a precaution after he developed a fever ahead of the team’s departure on Monday, the country’s cricket board said.

The left-handed player tested negative for COVID-19 on Saturday but was later isolated at the team hotel in Lahore after contracting a fever.

“The decision to withdraw Fakhar from the tour was made with the health of the rest of the squad as a top priority,” the Pakistan Cricket Council said in a statement on Sunday.

“We are continuing to monitor his condition and still hope for a speedy recovery; however he is not fit to travel with the squad and has therefore been withdrawn from the touring party, “said team doctor Sohail Saleem.

Pakistan will play three Twenty20 Internationals and two tests in New Zealand from 18 December.

Reporting by Amlan Chakraborty in New Delhi; editing by Peter Rutherford

.



image source

Australian military history in Afghanistan | Instant News


SYDNEY (Reuters) – An independent investigation has found credible information that Australian special forces are suspected of killing 39 unarmed prisoners and civilians in Afghanistan, with the senior command forcing junior soldiers to kill defenseless prisoners to “root” them for combat.

Following are key dates in Australia’s nearly two decades of military presence in Afghanistan.

2001 September – Following the attacks in New York and Washington on September 11, 2001, US President George Bush declares “war on terror”.

2001 October – Australia joins the US-led coalition in Afghanistan. Australian special forces were deployed and involved in the creation of the coalition’s first base, southwest of Kandahar.

2002 December – Australia’s initial commitment to conflict in Afghanistan ends. About 200 Australian special forces were withdrawn.

2005 July – Australia says it has agreed to Afghanistan’s request to deploy more troops. About 200 personnel were deployed.

2009 April – Australian deployments to Afghanistan gradually increase. By mid 2009, the Australian presence was over 1,500.

2010 August – Australia takes command of the coalition reconstruction team.

2012 November – Australian military begins to withdraw. Control of the base is handed over to the Afghan military.

2013 December – Prime Minister Tony Abbott at the time says that the last Australian force owns Afghanistan, although about 400 military personnel remain to train and support Afghan soldiers.

Reporting by Colin Packham; Edited by Michael Perry

.



image source