Tag Archives: to

South Australia, the million dollar favorite in this Cup long weekend | Instant News


South Australian Tourism Commission

South Australia’s summer festival season is in full swing and Adelaide is bustling as CBD accommodation and restaurants book at rates not seen since the pre-pandemic, and the region is once again setting new occupancy records.

The latest South Australian Tourism Commission statistics show that during the three long Adelaide Cup holidays, at least $ 50 million will be injected into the state’s economy, thanks to record occupancy rates driven by the Big State Coupon program and festivals such as the Fringe, Adelaide Festival and WOMADelaide.

Hotel and restaurant operators reported high forward bookings during this month, as South Australians and an increasing number of interstate diners took full advantage of ‘hotel dinners, shows and nights’.

The most recent figures given by the STR event:

  • Adelaide accommodation occupancy rates hit their highest level since the start of the pandemic last week, with an occupancy rate of 82.1 percent on Friday 26 February, up from a recent post-pandemic high of 81.6 percent on New Year’s Eve 2020. Saturday nights are strong at 80 percent, even though Saturdays are excluded from the voucher program.
  • Adelaide has been, and is expected to have, the highest occupancy by the end of March in any Australian capital.
  • The occupancy rate in the South Australian region in January 2021 was 64 percent – a record high in January, and up from the recent record breaker in December 2020 (60 percent).

Prime Minister Steven Marshall said the latest data proved the tourism stimulus did what it was set to do and the city’s festivals continued to attract crowds.

“Tourism in South Australia is tracking very much in the right direction, very strongly, despite the huge challenges over the past 12 months,” said Prime Minister Marshall.

“High bookings for hotels and restaurants and a flourishing festival season mean more jobs across our state and show the world how sensational this place is for business.”

“This data and the projected $ 50 million injection into the visitor economy this long weekend, show that the work we’re doing to rerun the event and to stimulate the economy through the Big State Coupon scheme is making a real difference to our local tourism. industry.”

Sarah Goldfinch, general manager of the Crowne Plaza Adelaide – one of the hotels participating in the Large State Voucher scheme – said March in particular has seen more bookings.

“We enjoy very strong demand on the weekends thanks to local events like the Fringe and of course the support from the Great State Voucher campaign.

This March weekend has been fully booked. We are very fortunate to have tremendous support from local residents, as well as recently interstate guests as borders are starting to reopen, “he said.

CBD restaurants and bars also enjoyed a festival vibe in March, with operators reporting a surge in bookings from city diners.

Celebrated for award-winning Fino at Seppeltsfield, part of the Seppeltsfield Estate, Fino Vino is the newest of owner and executive chef David Swain and restaurant owner and manager Sharon Romeo – and is one of those well-placed for the festival season.

Ms Romeo said their Flinders Street restaurant had seen a surge in bookings ahead of the long weekend and some of Adelaide’s iconic events.

“Over the last few days, there have been lots of bookings for lunch and dinner at our Fino Vino restaurant and this weekend we are almost full. We saw a lot of people placing orders with a show, a lot from the Adelaide Festival and the WOMADelaide crowd, and it was great to see more locals bringing their international friends over to eat with them, ”he said.

“Fino at Seppeltsfield has just flown, we are actually seeing more and more visitors coming, not only to the restaurant but to the cellar door as well.”

/ Public Release. This material comes from the original organization and may be point-in-time, edited for clarity, style and length. view more here.

.



image source

Pakistani Prime Minister Khan will seek a vote of confidence after the general election steps down | Instant News


ISLAMABAD / KARACHI – Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan will seek a vote of confidence in parliament after the government’s finance minister lost his bid for a Senate seat in Wednesday’s election, the foreign minister said.

Khan’s ruling Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party and its political allies are trying to wrest control of the Pakistani Senate from opposition parties in indirect elections of up to 37 seats in the upper house of the 104-member parliament.

Full results are yet to come out, but local media reports suggest that PTI and its allies are gaining support in the Senate, perhaps enough to gain a majority.

However, an election official announced that Khan’s finance minister, Abdul Hafiz Sheikh, had not managed to win the seat he was fighting for.

The losses dealt a significant blow to Khan and the government, as the electoral college in the Sheikh’s case was the lower house of parliament, which elected the country’s prime minister and in 2018 handed over the majority to Khan.

Sheikh also led important talks with international lender IMF aimed at stabilizing the economy. However, he can continue as finance minister, meaning the political damage is largely symbolic at this stage.

“Imran Khan and his party have reached a consensus decision that Imran Khan will take a vote of confidence from parliament,” Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi told a news conference.

Information Minister Shibli Faraz told Geo News the move was to show political opponents Khan that he still had confidence in parliament and it was “a sign of a brave person.”

The Senate contest was designed as a measure of confidence in the Khan government, Ahmed Bilal Mehboob, head of the independent research organization PILDAT, told Reuters.

Pakistan financial advisor house Topline Securities said in an advisory note soon after the results of the Sheikh chair were announced that the losses were likely to increase pressure on the ruling party.

Opposition parties, which have united behind a mass protest campaign aimed at overthrowing Khan, are calling for the dissolution of the government and new elections.

If Khan and his allies gain a majority in the Senate by the time the final results are announced, it could help him pass important legislation stalling in the assembly and slow progress on talks with the IMF.

Read also




arrow
Read more

The MoPH lowers the age threshold for the Covid-19 vaccine

17 Jan 2021 – 14:13

As a continuation of the implementation of the national strategy for COVID-19 vaccination which consists of four phases distributed throughout this year, the Ministry of Public Health has announced changes to the age threshold for priority groups of vaccine recipients.

.



image source

cyan: supports MTEL in its expansion to Germany and Switzerland | Instant News


DGAP-News: cyan AG / Keywords: Alliance

cyan AG supports MTEL in its expansion to Germany and Switzerland

03.03.2021 / 08:30
The publisher is fully responsible for the content of this announcement.

cyan AG supports MTEL in its expansion to Germany and Switzerland

Munich, 3. March 2021 – cyan and MTEL have decided to extend their contract to cover Germany and Switzerland after years of successful cooperation in Austria. The existing borderless BSS / OSS platform will be significantly expanded by mid-2022. The additional end customer base is expected to be double compared to Austria.

Frank von Seth, CEO of cyan AG: “We are very pleased to assist our long-time partners MTEL in their European expansion. Through this MTEL expansion, we will also benefit from significant growth in the BSS / OSS sector.”

About MTEL
With the slogan “Closer to home”, Austrian MTEL mobile services and other telecommunications such as OTT TV are aimed primarily at customers who live and work in Austria and originate from Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina or Montenegro, but also to everyone who communicates with those countries. these often or spend a lot of time in them for personal or business purposes.

These services are the result of the use of cutting-edge technology, careful identification of global trends, enthusiasm and knowledge of highly educated and creative young experts, extensive management experience, and close cooperation with successful telecommunications companies. such as Telecom Serbia and Telecom Austria,

This service is available at all MTEL stores in Austria, as well as partner distribution branches at more than 200 points of sale for postpaid services and more than 12,000 points of sale for prepaid services.

About cyan
cyan AG (XETR: CYR) is a smart and active global provider of IT security solutions and telecommunications services with more than 15 years of experience in the IT industry. The company’s main business areas are cybersecurity solutions for fixed and mobile network internet service provider (MNO) end customers, virtual mobile network (MVNO) operators, as well as banks and insurance companies. Cyan solutions are integrated into the infrastructure of business partners and then offered to their end customers (“B2B2C”) under their name (“white label”).

Today, the group of companies has more than 50 international customers, of which cyan products are sold to around 50 million end customers. cyan can offer products along the value chain from platforms, data optimization to cybersecurity. In addition, cyan operates its own Research & Development Center with the aim of identifying trends in the industry at an early stage and developing optimal product solutions. In December 2018, Cyan won a global group contract with Orange in an international tender process. Cyan’s partners include the world’s leading insurance broker Aon or Magenta Telekom.

Further information is available at www.cyansecurity.com

Investor Contact:
cyan AG
Tel. +49 89 71042 2073
Email: [email protected]

Press Contact:
Better Orange IR & HV AG
Tel. +49 89 88 96 906 17
Email: [email protected]

03.03.2021 Corporate News Dissemination, sent by DGAP – service of EQS Group AG.
The publisher is fully responsible for the content of this announcement.

DGAP Distribution Services include Regulatory Announcements, Financial / Corporate News, and Press Releases.
Archives at www.dgap.de

.



image source

PM Imran used state money to buy votes in the Senate elections, accused Bilawal – Pakistan | Instant News


Published in 02 March 2021 8:50 am

PM Imran used state money to buy votes in the Senate elections, Bilawal said

ISLAMABAD (Dunya News) – Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) chairman Bilawal Bhutto has accused Prime Minister Imran Khan of paying state funds of Rs 500 million to each MNA to buy votes in the Senate elections.

Speaking to the media along with unanimous PDM candidate Yousuf Raza Gillani in Islamabad, he said PTI members had publicly said they would not vote Hafeez Shaikh added that PDM’s preparations for the Senate elections were over, giving everyone good news.

Bilawal Bhutto alleges that Prime Minister Imran Khan used state money to buy members but we urge every member to vote according to conscience.

The PPP chairman said the role of the opposition was being undermined by discussing the use of money in the Senate. The money is used by the government.

He admitted that because of the PDM struggle, Imran Khan was worried for the first time that his government would end.

He said that during the past three years the government has not been able to solve people’s problems. The PDM struggle has been successful starting today, tomorrow will be a bonus. Our aim is the supremacy of Parliament.

.



image source

Covid 19 coronavirus: Outrage over abuses, fears about ‘conspiracy theories’ during lockdowns | Instant News


Community leaders said they understood the frustration of Auckland being locked down, but called for people to focus on crushing the latest outbreak.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said a man made a mistake go to the gym while waiting for the results of the Covid-19 test.

Announcing the latest lockdown last night, he voiced frustration, but urged Kiwi not to embarrass the 21-year-old man who allegedly violated health advice.

Papatoetoe High School Principal Vaughan Couillault has been working on the repercussions of the recent cases over the past two weeks.

His school set up a testing station after the mid-February outbreak and his community is his home several locations of interest the place where the last case was visited.

Principal of Papatoetoe Vaughan Couillault Middle School said frustration was understandable but that people who used energy to berate the latest case should reconsider their priorities.  Photo / Provided
Principal of Papatoetoe Vaughan Couillault Middle School said frustration was understandable but that people who used energy to berate the latest case should reconsider their priorities. Photo / Provided

Couillault today said the recent breach reports will irritate everyone who has adhered to the rules and protocol.

“That’s a large part of our community,” he told the Herald.

“That group of people is going to get frustrated, and frustrated for a variety of reasons.”

He said the disruption stems not only from an alleged violation of the Covid-19 guidelines, but from an admission of “how slippery this virus is”.

Auckland returns to its stricter coronavirus regime less than two weeks after a brief three-day “breaker” lockdown began on Valentine’s Day.

Couillault said that despite this, Kiwis must move forward and focus on doing the right thing for themselves and the wider community.

He agreed with the Prime Minister that while the frustration is understandable, attacking the latest case has not helped.

“The energy you spend giving your opinion on something that happened is a bit of a waste of energy.”

Neighborhood council member Manukau Efeso Collins told Newstalk ZB that the community is frustrated and also faces conspiracy theory issues and misinformation.

“Sometimes you’ll have a brother, sister, aunt or uncle littering.”

He said that despite the unhappiness of the latest cases, people should concentrate on education and reuniting those who made mistakes.

South Auckland has faced a lot of criticism in previous outbreaks, Collins said, and the community knows the whole country is watching.

He said local residents, including young people, had worked hard to comply with health regulations and advice.

“We didn’t just do it for ourselves and for our own whānau. We did it for the wider Aotearoa nation.”

Collins told ZB challenges arise from poverty and a lack of official information distributed to homes where English is not the first language.

He said community leaders, some church leaders and social institutions had tried to educate citizens where the central government’s message was not getting through.

The councilor said information should be shared in multiple languages ​​including Samoan, Tonga and Hindi, which are widely spoken locally.

Collins is also concerned about misinformation.

“We are all now going to be locked up at home with people who believe in conspiracy theories, who will convey their message.”

That will spark tension in some homes, Collins said.

He called for patience and people to guard against complacency.

Collins said many New Zealanders would probably now accept that Auckland, where the outbreak recently emerged, should be prioritized for vaccinations.

The city is also the main entrance for people coming from abroad.

Some people on social media voiced sympathy, but others expressed derision after reports of someone ignoring instructions to stay home while waiting for test results.

“I think the kid will fully realize the consequences now. He’s going to be through quite a bit in the coming days,” one Twitter user responded to a question from former broadcaster Rawdon Christie.

Other people online have embraced the “naturally I finished my set” meme to interpret recent events.

The phrase is attributed to New Zealander Cameron Leslie, who was in Norway during the 2011 Oslo bombings.

Describing TV3’s Campbell Live show, he said he was finished his gym workout despite the attacks.

Leslie apologizes but the line is used in the marketing of Mr Vintage and Tui’s beer, which Leslie disapproves of.

Premium Subscription

.



image source