Usman Buzdar said any efforts to stop national progress would be thwarted.
LAHORE (Dunya News) – Punjab Chief Minister Sardar Usman Buzdar said on Saturday that elements trying to create unrest in the country have been exposed, and any attempts to halt national progress will be thwarted.
CM Punjab said in a statement that Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) received a five-year mandate under Prime Minister Imran Khan, and the government would complete his term.
Usman Buzdar said, “The politics of serving the people will only last from now onwards and those who hatch a conspiracy will fail as usual. PTI always responds to negative politics by serving the community.
“The Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) agenda is only to protect personal interests and will never get an NRO from PM Imran. The Pakistani people want progress and will not be fooled by the unexpected. ”
A new photo of the horned rioters storming the US Capitol shows the man, nicknamed the QAnon Shaman, wearing a new look.
Jacob Chansley, also known as Jake Angeli, looks quite different in the newly released photo, after losing his hair and horns, following his arrest for alleged involvement in the pro-Trump riots on the US Capitol last month.
More than a month after the rioting, on January 6, he reportedly lost 9kg in prison.
A few weeks ago, she made headlines for her refusal to eat food in prison, because her mother explained that she only eats organic food.
He was transferred to prison in Virginia last week after a federal judge ordered authorities to give him an organic food diet while in custody, following his attorney’s claim that he had gone nine days without eating while incarcerated in Washington DC.
QAnon supporters have been charged with civil unrest, disorder, disorderly behavior and other charges after the riots on January 6, in which rioters protested Joe Biden’s victory in the presidential election.
A federal judge on Wednesday ordered prisons in Washington, DC to divert “Q Shaman” and suspected Capitol riot participant Jacob Chansley to an all-organic diet, after Chansley’s week-long refusal to eat non-organic food – which he said was due to religious beliefs and health problems – causing him to lose more than 20 pounds.
DC Circuit Court Judge Royce Lamberth ordered the DC Corrections Department to offer Chansley an organic food diet, give an emergency motion was filed by defense attorney Albert Watkins on Wednesday morning.
Watkins said non-organic food was against Chansley’s shamanic religious beliefs, and he could suffer bodily injury if he tried to eat anything that was not organic.
Chansley was transferred to DC last week after federal authorities arrested him in Phoenix in early January, and because the DC city-run prison refused to continue Phoenix prison’s practice of feeding Chansley’s organic food, he has been starving for over a week.
In an interview with Forbes, Watkins said his client’s religious beliefs were clear because he was willing to fast for more than a week.
“Imagine living without food for more than nine days,” says Watkins Forbes. “It’s not up to a DC employee, a civil servant in the DC Corrections Department, to reconfigure a trust recognized by our government.”
Chansley’s refusal to eat non-organic food also led to a prolonged fast in Phoenix last month. He did not eat during his first few days in federal custody, causing officials agreed to shift it to a special diet.
Wearing a helmet and fur horn, Chansley stormed into the US Capitol building with a crowd of former supporters of President Donald Trump last month. Federal prosecutors detained him less than a week later, accusing him of violent, disorderly behavior and some other crimes. Since then, Watkins has argued that Chansley was nonviolent and devout, suggesting he enter the Capitol because he thought he was following Trump’s instructions.
Against the backdrop of the US Capitol, members of the National Guard change shifts as they exit through an anti-scaling security fence in Washington. Photo / AP
Busloads of buses and cargo of planes, National Guard troops poured into the nation’s capital on Saturday, as governors responded to US defense officials’ urgent requests for more troops to help guard Washington even as they watched anxiously at possible violent protests in their own states.
Military leaders spent most of the night Thursday and Friday calling on the state in an unprecedented call for more National Guard troops to help lock down large swathes of the city in the days before President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration. In the dribs and drabs, the governor replied, some agreeing to send an extra dozen, 100 or even 1,000, while others said no.
The calls reflect concerns that violent extremist groups are targeting the city after a deadly uprising on the US Capitol on January 6.
Threats range from armed insurgents to possible attempts to plant explosive devices on so-called soft targets. But as Washington begins to resemble an armed camp, with more than 25,000 guards set to be in the city as early as next week, concerns about violence in the state capital have mounted.
Oregon Governor Kate Brown said she rejected a federal request to send at least 100 more National Guard troops to DC “I don’t think we can safely fulfill that commitment,” Brown said. Oregon has agreed to send 30 to Washington, but state leaders are concerned about violence at the state capitol in Salem.
Others agreed, sparking dizzying bursts of military and convoy flights into the region.
“The peaceful transfer of power is a central principle of American democracy, and Connecticut stands ready to help protect our country.” said Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont, who initially agreed to send 100 guards and on Friday agreed to send 200 more.
In all, more than 130 US Air Guard flights in the past 72 hours have brought at least 7,000 Guard troops to Joint Base Andrews in Maryland, according to US officials, who spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss internal numbers. Thousands more were in buses and military trucks, rumbling down the highway to Washington.
Army General Dan Hokanson, head of the National Guard Bureau, called in general aides across the country, and others, such as Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy, called in governors for help. McCarthy praised the state, saying defense and military officials were well aware of the threats they also faced.
“The governors and TAG were great. They helped us a lot,” McCarthy told The Associated Press.
“That’s the problem – that in the midst of a very dire situation you see how great this country is, everyone is getting together and helping each other get through this.”
What began in early January as a routine deployment of some 350 DC National Guard members to aid protests that are expected to explode over the past two weeks became a much larger operation to protect the inauguration and the US Congress Building, and to block access to the city and its many historical monuments.
When the protesters entered the Capitol on January 6, only a little over 100 National Guards were scattered around the city, guarding the Metro’s checkpoints and entrances. Hours later, five people are dead, the Capitol is in disarray and 1100 DC Guards have been activated.
The next day, as information arrived about more planned violence, requests went out for 6,200 members of the Guard from surrounding states.
On Thursday evening, as law enforcement and defense officials flooded maps and conducted security drills, they concluded they needed at least 25,000 to lock down Capitol grounds and vast areas of DC, including the National Mall. And they agreed that most of the Guards would be armed.
At that time, a new chapter of summons to state governors and military leaders began.
Many governors were willing to help, but they made it clear that the state capital was their priority. Some agreed to send more, while others couldn’t. And the numbers vary widely.
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf doubled his initial commitment from 1,000 to 2,000. Other states managed to collect an additional dozen.
After reviewing threats against its own country, Minnesota decided it could significantly increase its contribution and would send 850 guards rather than the 130 originally deployed to leave, according to the state’s aide general, Major General Shawn Manke.
Ohio Governor Mike DeWine has agreed to send 700. On Friday, he announced he would send 300 more – even as he ordered nearly 600 to secure the Ohio state home in Columbus. So it is with the Governor of North Carolina.
Roy Cooper initially agreed to send 200 guards, and on Friday a Ford Porter spokesman said the country would send 100 more. Iowa first said it sent 250 and now the number is 265.
The big military response comes as Congress and law enforcement authorities try to figure out how the US Capitol captured the dramatic power of January 6.
The leaders of four committees in the Democratic-controlled House sent a letter on Saturday seeking briefings and documents from the FBI and other federal agencies as part of their review of the insurgency.
The call for more American soldiers also underscores the Pentagon’s limits on the use of active duty troops. Under the law, they cannot be used for law enforcement, and officials intend to avoid the emergence of armed active forces being used against US citizens on American soil.
Active duty forces routinely prepare to respond to emergencies in Washington, such as flight violations in restricted airspace over DC, and rapid reaction forces are on standby. Other active duty units will take part in various inauguration ceremonies.
President Donald Trump and his supporters have incited domestic violence with the aim of undoing our democratic process. Just as Adolf Hitler and his supporters spread lies about the Jewish people, starting with blaming them for losing World War I and causing Germany’s economic hardship, and just as Hitler and his supporters created armed militias and terrified the courts, President Trump and his supporters has created 70 million people in this country who will follow his direction, regardless of the truth and whatever the Constitution.
Imagine if the German people were able to override Hitler and his supporters after Kristallnacht revealed the truth about their anti-democratic aims and means? Just imagine if they understood that the rhetoric and inciting lies and threats of armed militias were on their way to destroying Germany and causing unnecessary war.
My family and I left Germany right after World War II, and for years we had to answer the question: “How did you, the Germans, allow this to happen?”
Well, last week we looked at how the millions of people who support the demagogue and believe their lies can make it happen. Will Trump’s supporters reflect on the direction he has taken and what is the end result? This is our opportunity for national self-reflection. This is our chance to stop before this country I love is destroyed.