Tag Archives: Vaughan

Pakistan strikes India’s victory over Britain; PTI Imran Khan supports Vaughan’s jibe pitch | Instant News


In what can be described as a new low in competition on the tiered India-Pakistan pitch, PM Imran Khan’s Pakistani Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party retweeted the tweet of former British cricketer Michael Vaughan who took a stealthy dig in field in India. Vaughan shared an image of a stadium in Pakistan, rekindling the commotion over Chepauk’s surface. Sharing the image on Twitter, Vaughan said the ground view looked ‘stunning’ and added ‘looks like a beautifully prepared pitch too’. Vaughan, who was at the forefront of criticism of the Chepauk pitch, was capped off by England captain Joe Root himself, who indicated that the pitch had no role in their defeat in the second Test. Vaughan’s tweet was retweeted by PTI official Imran Khan handle.

READ | ‘We Never Complained Of Seaming Tracks Overseas’: Axar Knocks out Chepauk Critics Pitch

READ | Kaif Praises Masterclass ‘Ashwin Sir’ Against England, Talks About ‘Reason’ Over Pitch

Noise above Chepauk Square

With India dominating the second Test against England, several game veterans have jumped to blame the field for England’s poor performance on the bat at Chepauk. Former Australian cricketer Mark Waugh has criticized the pitch in Chepauk, calling it ‘unacceptable’ at Test level. Waugh juniors highlighted that it was unacceptable for the ball to cross the top of the surface on day 1 of the main part of the pitch.

On the other hand, spin maestro Shane Warne educated Michael Vaughan as the last to blame the field for India’s advantage in the ongoing Test. Warne underlined that the pitch had been the same from day one but the English bowlers failed to shoot brilliantly while the Indian batsmen were at the top of their game. The duo have gotten into a war of words on Twitter as they battle over the pitch in the game so far.

READ | ‘Rishabh Pant Needs To Be Given A Rest From Comparison With MS Dhoni, Saha’: Ashwin

Meanwhile, after the defeat in the second Test, England captain Joe Root insisted that the throws and throws had no role in their defeat. The England captain added that they had anticipated turning behavior on the pitch and added that winning throws would not guarantee victory either. “The fact is that India has shown that you can score goals on it and has found a way to manage a very complicated surface so we have to learn from it, add it to our own game and come back the better for it,” he said.

READ | Kevin Pietersen Condemns Chepauk Promotion; Indian Claims Will Be Lost If They Lose The Toss

Stay updated IND VS ENG News. From live updates to breaking news, Republic World brings you all the live updates online so you don’t miss the IND VS ENG extravaganza.

.



image source

Police search for the suspect after a fire accidentally broke out along a road in Little Italy | Instant News


TORONTO – Police have released surveillance camera images of a man wanted after several small fires broke out along a street in Toronto’s Little Italy neighborhood overnight.

Around 12:10 a.m. and 2 a.m. on Sunday morning, police were called to several fire spots that were visible along College Street, between Shaw and Grace streets.

Witnesses said a man started several fires in the area before fleeing the scene.

He was last seen wearing a red coat, black and white toque, and dark jeans.

Anyone with information is asked to call the 14 Divisions at 416-808-1400.

.



image source

The popular beach of the province of Ontario partially closed after human behavior in the worst Canada Day | Instant News


Toronto —
Popular beach, Ontario will be closed again after reckless was jammed up by the crowds of tourists to a “new level” on Canada Day, officials say.

In an emergency meeting on Thursday, said the Council, they partially close Wasaga beach because of the “blatant disrespect” tourists who visited on Wednesday.

“Last weekend our beach was busy, but yesterday, Canada Day, was taken to a whole new level”, – the mayor of the town of Wasaga beach Nina Bifolchi said at the meeting.

Deputy fire chief Craig Williams in the comments to Bifolchi, saying that the crowd gave to understand, ” the public is not able to safely manage themselves.”

“Over the past two weekend, and especially yesterday in Canada, we have seen human behavior at its worse,” Williams said.

“Many visitors displayed a disregard for the advice and ignore recommendations for physical distancing.”

As a result, the city will close the sandy part of the beach drive on July 9 and to reduce the number of Parking spaces on the beach by 50 percent immediately.

The city has already written to the Prime Doug Ford to raise concern about the influx of people in the community, stating that “not helped”, he urged people to go out and visit Ontario parks.

Bifolchi also said that the police are not doing enough to provide emergency orders, which ban public gatherings of more than 10 people.

The city has requested additional support from the police of the province of Ontario to help ensure compliance with the rules of physical distancing.

“The Ontario government clumsily provincial Park Wasaga beach during the opening, but it is unpleasant for residents and visitors to the city,” said Bifolchi.

Bifolchi said that taking these measures, they send a “clear signal” they won’t risk to public health.

“People know what the rules are and they are clearly ignored them all for a day at the beach,” said Bifolchi. “I was shocked by what I witnessed and we are taking steps today to control what we can.”

The beach is subject to closure will be closed for “the foreseeable future”.

.



image source

Ontario doctors call for public health measures to remain in place when the province begins to reopen | Instant News


TORONTO –
The organization representing Ontario doctors calls on the government to maintain certain public health measures until a vaccine or treatment for COVID-19 is found.

When the province began the reopening process after months of locking due to the pandemic, the Ontario Medical Association (OMA) urged caution, saying that until vaccines were available, there would always be a risk of a surge in COVID-19 patients.

“When Ontario starts planning to reopen, consideration must be given to the fact that jobs and significant losses have brought us to this point of readiness and ongoing efforts and actions are needed for a safe transition to a ‘new normal’,” the OMA said in a report published on Friday.

“What we know from the experience of other countries and viral biology is that we must not be in a hurry. We cannot immediately return – by default – to normal before. Instead, we must make the transition to a “new normal” so that we can control our ability to lift and impose restrictions as needed and avoid potential spikes. “

Given the reopening, the OMA recommends that the following five public health steps remain until treatment for this disease is found.

The first recommendation is that people should continue to use “personal protection measures,” which include physical distance, washing hands and wearing masks in public. The association also recommends that the workplace take turns shifting and allowing employees to work with home if possible.

To reopen, the OMA said the province must also have a strong understanding of “the prevalence of COVID-19 in the population” through proper testing. This includes the capacity to provide and analyze tests for anyone with symptoms of the disease, as well as close contacts, important workers and vulnerable populations.

Temperature checks, OMA said, are not an adequate measure of COVID-19 status.

“The temperature check only shows those who have symptoms and especially symptoms of fever, thus ignoring those who are asymptomatic or have other symptoms,” the report said.

In addition to testing, OMA calls for continued contact tracking of all cases to find and isolate as many close contacts as possible positive patients. To do this, the association said the province might have to employ more trackers or use technology to help support interviews.

OMA wants a “nuanced approach” when it comes to the decision to reopen schools and child care centers. The report says that parents who choose not to return their children to school must be given alternatives.

“Although most children generally have a lower risk of developing severe viral symptoms, some children who have an underlying health condition, as well as some teachers and staff, may be at higher risk. Parents are also at high risk if their children are infected and bring the disease home. “

Schools and most childcare centers in Ontario were closed in mid-March. The decision whether they will reopen for the remainder of the academic year is expected early next week.

Finally, to ensure that everyone works together with public health measures, the OMA says that the government must provide “simple, timely, effective, evidence-based and transparent” communication with the public.

OMA represents more than 43,000 doctors, residents, medical students, and retired doctors.

.



image source

Fifth Ontario private support worker died after contracting COVID-19 | Instant News


TORONTO –
The fifth personal support worker in Ontario has died after contracting COVID-19 at work, a union representing thousands of Ontario health care workers said Thursday.

A spokesman for Unifor confirmed the death of 61-year-old Leonard Rodriquez who is an employee of Access Independent Living Services, which provides services for people with physical support needs.

The union said Rodriquez worked at Access Apartments in York Square, located near Keele Street and Eglinton Avenue West.

“I want to express my deepest sympathy to his family, and his brothers and sisters who work for Access Independent Living Services,” Jerry Dias, National President of Unifor, said in a statement. “Our members have worked for more than thirty years providing care for those in need. He will be truly missed, by his Unifor family and everyone who knows him. “

Rodriquez was sent home on April 6 after one of his coworkers tested positive for the virus, the union said.

While in isolation, Unifor said, the symptoms worsened. Rodriquez tested positive for the virus on April 26, the union said. He died ten days later.

Unifor, which represents 80 members at Access Independent Living Services, said five more members working in the same building and three clients had contracted the virus.

“I can confirm that one of our Independent Living Assistants died yesterday,” Michael Mathieson, executive director of Access Independent Living Services, said in a statement. “We are heartbroken. Our thoughts and condolences with the family during this difficult time.

“To comply with legislative privacy requirements and to respect individuals and their families, Access Independent Living Services will not provide further comment at this time.”

COVID-19 has now killed four personal support workers in the Greater Toronto Area. On May 1, 59-year-old Sharon Roberts who worked at Downsview Long Term Care for 24 years died from a virus. Arlene Reid, 51, who worked at the Victoria Order of Nurses in Peel and 54-year-old Christine Mandegarian who worked at Altamont Care Community also died of COVID-19.

The man is the seventh health care worker in Ontario who died of the virus.

Earlier on Thursday, a Ottawa personal support worker reportedly died due to COVID-19.

Sienna Senior Living, who operates the Madonna Care Community in Ottawa, confirmed the death of a staff member for CTV News.

“We are very sad to announce the death of a valuable team member in the Madonna Care Community in Orleans,” Sienna Senior Living said in a statement.

“He is a member of a team that is loved and respected and will be missed by his colleagues and residents he cared for.”

Long-term care homes continue to report more COVID-19 deaths on Thursday.

Orchard Villa, a long-term Pickering nursing home, recorded three more deaths, bringing the facility’s death toll to 63.

Hawthorne Place Care Center, a long-term care home near Jane Street and Finch Avenue West, reported three more deaths on Thursday.

Thirty-one residents at the North York facility have now died from the virus.

Orchard Villa and Hawthorne Place Care Center are some of the facilities that receive support from the Canadian Armed Forces.

Another death has been reported at Markhaven Home for Seniors in Markham. Mayor Frank Scarpitti confirmed the death of an 84-year-old man on Twitter late Thursday.

At least 18 residents in Markham’s long-term care home.

Ontario reported the COVID-19 outbreak in 174 long-term facilities on Thursday. There were 2,831 cases of COVID-19 among long-term care homes and 1,671 staff members tested positive for the virus.

More than 1,100 long-term nursing home residents have died from COVID-19.

.



image source