Tag Archives: While

Emirates improves its Auckland service, calling Air New Zealand Australia | Instant News


Business

Emirates will increase its flights to Auckland from Dubai from the end of March to six flights a week while Air New Zealand is taking bookings for a dozen more Australian flights a week starting mid-April.

A year since the flight collapsed, increasing speculation about a two-way transport bubble has seen Air New Zealand load more flights onto its booking website for Australian cities flown on skeletal schedules and returning to places like the Sunshine Coast, Cairns and Adelaide – routes the flight was stopped last year.

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said today there are still health and regulatory requirements that must be met before New Zealand is ready to suppress a quarantine-free bubble. In a delay plaguing the travel and tourism industry, he will now make further announcements after Easter, on April 6.

Non-stop flights from Queenstown to Australia also appear on Air New Zealand’s website starting April 19. These start dates coincide with all school holidays in New Zealand and will mark a week of Australian school holidays and include Anzac Day, an important date alongside days on both sides of Tasman.

Virgin Australia, which left Tasman before collapsing last April, said it was now selling seats across Tasman starting June 19.

Emirates already flies four times a week from Dubai and as of March 28, 2021, flights from Auckland to Dubai will depart every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

From 28 March, flights from Auckland to Dubai will depart every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Dubai to Auckland flights will depart every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

All flights to Auckland will be operated by Boeing 777-300 which has a sizeable cargo capacity. The airline will benefit from an extension of the Government’s air transport support scheme.

Emirates, which suspended its entire fleet in April last year, has restarted operations to more than 90 destinations in its global network.

Air New Zealand plans to restore Australia’s network of nine cities and add another – Hobart – when a quarantine-free two-way travel bubble is launched.

Although it said it was a date to be set by the Government, its website showed various destinations and the number of services to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne jumped from 19 April.

Hobart and Norfolk Island did not appear.

Leanne Geraghty, chief customer and sales officer, said the airline expected strong demand for seats on both sides of Tasman.

In April, the lowest one-way fare from Auckland to Sydney is $ 447 and most start at $ 527.

Geraghty said Air New Zealand will offer a price range on its restored network.

Last February, when air travel collapsed, airlines tried to stimulate demand by offering transtasman fares as low as $ 69.

The Qantas website does not show an increase in the number of flights and a spokesman said it would wait for the New Zealand Government announcement before outlining its plans.

.



image source

Emirates improves its Auckland service, Air New Zealand’s Australia is pushing | Instant News


Business

Emirates will increase its non-stop flights to Auckland from Dubai from the end of March to six flights a week, while Air New Zealand is taking bookings for a dozen more Australian flights a week starting mid-April.

A year since the flight collapsed, talk of a two-way transtasman bubble has seen Air New Zealand load more flights onto its booking website for Australian cities it has flown on outlined schedules and returning to places like the Sunshine Coast, Cairns and Adelaide – routes the flight was stopped last year.

Non-stop flights from Queenstown to Australia also appear on Air New Zealand’s website starting April 19.

Virgin Australia, which left Tasman before collapsing last April, said it was now selling seats across Tasman starting June 19.

Emirates already flies four times a week from Dubai and in the new schedule starting March 28, flights from Auckland to Dubai will depart every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday.

All flights to Auckland will be operated by Boeing 777 which has a sizeable cargo capacity. The airline will benefit from an extension of the Government’s air transport support scheme.

Emirates, which suspended its entire fleet in April last year, has restarted operations to more than 90 destinations in its global network.

Air New Zealand plans to restore Australia’s network of nine cities and add another – Hobart – when a quarantine-free two-way travel bubble is launched.

Although it has said it is a date to be set by the Government – which could come this afternoon – its website shows the various destinations and the number of services to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne jumping from 19 April.

Hobart and Norfolk Island did not appear.

Leanne Geraghty, chief customer and sales officer, said the airline expected strong demand for seats on both sides of Tasman.

In April, the lowest one-way fare from Auckland to Sydney is $ 447 and most start at $ 527.

Geraghty said Air New Zealand will offer a price range on its restored network.

Last February, when air travel collapsed, airlines tried to stimulate demand by offering transtasman fares as low as $ 69.

The Qantas website does not show an increase in the number of flights and a spokesman said it would wait for the New Zealand Government announcement before outlining its plans.

.



image source

The amendments to the constitution are required to create a provisional province GB: NA Speaker | Instant News


ISLAMABAD – Following Prime Minister Imran Khan’s commitment to bringing transparency to the electoral system after winning a vote of confidence, a parliamentary body will be formed to introduce constitutional and election reforms this week.

A parliamentary body with equal representation from the opposition and members of the government will jointly discuss electoral reforms. “Transparency and fairness in elections especially in the Senate elections will revive public confidence in the electoral process and their representation,” said National Assembly Chairman Asad Qaiser during a meeting with Prime Minister Advisor for Parliamentary Affairs Dr Babar Awan.

It has been discussed that this committee will provide input on bringing in constitutional amendments to grant Gilgit-Baltistan, temporary provincial status while taking into account the aspirations of GB’s public representatives.

PM Adviser for Parliamentary Affairs Dr Babar Awan said that electoral reform and making GB a temporary province in line with Prime Minister Imran Khan’s vision will strengthen democratic norms.

He also proposed Chairman Asad Qaiser to head the parliamentary body. He said the committee would discuss the pending electoral reform bill and make GB a temporary province.

It can be noted here that the incumbent government has signaled to bring electoral reforms to ensure transparency in the electoral system sooner rather than later. They also plan to engage with Pakistanis abroad so they can cast their votes.

.



image source

Swiss- Covid-19 has widened economic and health disparities, research findings | Instant News


(MENAFN – Swissinfo) Low-income households in Switzerland have been hit hard by the coronavirus crisis, while those with high incomes are still managing relatively well, according to a large-scale survey of people living in the country.

This content is published on 23 February 2021-12: 18 23 February 2021-12: 18 swissinfo.ch/jc

Those with a household income of below CHF4,000 ($ 4,480) saw their income fall by an average of 20% since the start of the pandemic, while household income with a monthly income of more than CHF16,000 fell 8%, according to a study by KOF link Swiss Economic InstituteExternal is released on Tuesday.

High-income households cut their spending more (about 16%) than low-income ones (12%), but for different reasons. Richer households cut their spending primarily because of their fewer needs and fewer opportunities to shop. While this reason also applies to low-income households, 11% of them say they cut expenses because they have less money.

Increasing inequality is also reflected in the level of household savings one year after the outbreak of the pandemic, said KOF. Although saving fell significantly among low-income households, it increased among the top half of income households. About 39% of those with a monthly household income below CHF4,000 even said they were forced to withdraw their savings to cover current expenses.

The study found that the mental health of low-income people has also continued to deteriorate since the pandemic outbreak last spring. People affected by unemployment are often reported to be in poor health, he said.

More

More

MENAFN23022021000210011054ID1101648444

Legal Disclaimer: MENAFN provides information “as is” without warranty of any kind. We are not responsible or liable for the accuracy, content, images, videos, licenses, completeness, legality or reliability of the information contained in this article. If you have a complaint or copyright issue related to this article, please contact the provider above.

.



image source

Covid 19 coronavirus: Is the vaccine really free? | Instant News


While the authorities are working on the details of the Covid-19 vaccination campaign, general practitioners hope the shots will be free unless consultation is required.

Consultations are usually not required for vaccinations so most people will have them done by a nurse, said Dr Bryan Betty, medical director at New Zealand Royal College of General Practitioners.

He hopes that the time and equipment for nurses will be borne by the government.

“The understanding is that there will be no cost barrier to getting vaccinated, and this will be the hope of doctors across the country,” he told the Herald.

Vaccination for the general public is slated to begin in the second half of 2021, in what is called the largest full-scale vaccination campaign in New Zealand history.

The government has announced that Covid-19 vaccination will be free and voluntary for everyone in the country regardless of visa status.

“We have bought enough vaccines to cover all New Zealanders and are doing it for free,” Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said Monday.

Border workers and managed isolation and quarantine (MIQ) will be the first to be vaccinated starting Saturday in Auckland, followed by their household contacts.

They include cleaners, nurses performing MIQ health checks, security personnel, customs and border officials, airline staff and hotel workers.

The second group of people to receive the vaccine were health workers and essential workers in the second quarter of this year.

Responding to the Herald’s inquiries, the Ministry of Health said DHB was leading this initial launch, but that common practice will play an important role in the general public phase.

Funding arrangements will be worked out near the date and doctors will be “given the resources to do this (vaccination) in a safe and timely manner”, said a spokesman.

Whether consultation fees will be funded has not been discussed at this time, Betty said, but most vaccinations must be done once without consultation.

“In terms of immunization rollouts, I don’t think so [consultations] will be part of the funding, because that will be the decision of the patient when vaccinating, “said Betty.

The country’s first batch of Covid-19 vaccine arrived on Monday.

Manufactured by Pfizer and BioNTech, it is approved for use in New Zealand for people 16 years and over. Under 16 years of age were not included at this time because they were not part of the clinical trial.

New Zealand has purchase agreements for three other Covid-19 vaccines, which are made by Janssen, Noravax and AstraZeneca.

.



image source