Tag Archives: Worcester

Former All Blacks coach Steve Hansen insists New Zealand is not indebted to Australia because the future of Super Rugby is formed Rugby Union News | Instant News


Last Updated: 07/12/20 9:13 am


Steve Hansen spent almost 16 years with the All Blacks

Former All Blacks coach Steve Hansen urged New Zealand to be strong in their negotiations with Australia about the future of Super Rugby.

Super Rugby was stopped in March because the COVID-19 pandemic and the future of the southern hemisphere competition are being discussed.

Earlier this week, Australian Rugby (RA) chairman Hamish McLennan said their counterparts in New Zealand were trying to dictate possible trans-Tasman Super Rugby competition requirements, amid reports the NZR was trying to limit the number of Australian teams involved.

Hansen said he felt that New Zealand Rugby must do the best for their rugby players and insisted that they were indebted to Australia.

“Without controversy, we have been guarding Aussies for years,” Hansen told Stuff Media on Sunday.

“And every time we need something from them, especially at a high level, sometimes they disappear.

“Do we owe them something? No. But because we are our nation, and we care more about the game than ourselves, we bend and bend a little.

“I think NZ Rugby is in the mood to have a strong discussion because they only get one chance for that.”

Much of its impact centered on the composition of the Super Rugby of 2021, with both countries reportedly interested in exploring the trans-Tasman competition rather than returning to tournaments involving teams from South Africa and Argentina.

McLennan told Australian media this week that a leaked report stated that the preferred option by NZR was to have only two or three Australian parties in the trans-Tasman competition.

Hansen said what was most important was not to dilute the New Zealand team with more than five teams and to minimize travel for the welfare of the players.

“You have to start with what you want from him? Instead of, ‘OK, we will hold this competition,'” Hansen said.

“It must be truly competitive and produce world-class players. If you let it be facilitated, there is too big a gap between Super Rugby and the rugby test.”

.



image source

Bio-safe bubble in Worcester is no different than in Lahore’ | Instant News


Karachi: Pakistan cricket was in standby mode on Monday after checking into the team Hotel at the new road stadium in Leicester on Sunday night.

A total of 20 players and 12 support staff has reached Manchester from Lahore on a Charter flight Sunday night, and then went to new-road stadium in Worcester, where they will spend 15 days in quarantine, a requirement of the UK government to all visitors because of the coronavirus pandemic.

Team within the new road stadium. It was there that took Covid-19 tests from all 32 members of the Pakistani team on Monday, the group of experts samples.

The official said the team news from Worcester on Monday that all the players were in a good mood and now eagerly waiting for the green light to start training ahead of three-test series against England.

“We had a smooth flight, followed by a good night,” said race Kitchlew, Manager of the media team. “All the boys, as well as officials in a good mood. Of course, some expectations are a little different from what everyone is used, but it did not dampen the mood,” he said.

According to the times, the leadership team will complete its training program, as soon as he receives the test results from England and cricket Board of Wales (ECB). Results are expected by Tuesday morning.

At the same time, the players, the officials keep themselves busy, participating in various recreational activities including snooker, table tennis and Darts.

Members of the Pakistani team are the only guests in the hotel at the New road ground, which means that all objects exist exclusively for them.

“Players and officials move in small groups of up to five or six people. All the necessary tips, how to wear masks and social distancing follow,” the times said.

When asked whether there was any difference between a bio-safe bubble at the team Hotel in Lahore and they stopped on the new road, he said, “there is no difference between the two. It’s like we moved in absolutely the same conditions”.

Meanwhile, Misbah-ul-Haq, head coach of Pakistan, is preparing a training program for players which will be allowed to start training as soon as they clear Covid-19 tests. They have already cleared two rounds of tests before boarding the flight to Manchester, but strict Protocol of the ECB means that they will keep to undergo regular tests during their stay in England. After test series Pakistan will play three Twenty20 matches before returning home in early September.

.



image source

Former Black captain Kieran Read supports reform requests for the rugby calendar | Rugby Union News | Instant News


By The Associated Press

Last Updated: 06/06/20 8:00 morning


Former Black captain Kieran Read is in action for the Toyota Verblitz during the Japanese Top League season 2020

Former All Blacks captain Kieran Read supports the call for an integrated international rugby season but fears money “coming out of the north” might thwart efforts to create a global calendar.

Read believes international rugby needs to move away from the current schedule which often forces players from both sides to play Test matches out of season, but fears of a richer northern hemisphere may continue to influence how the global calendar is organized.

At present, the Northern Hemisphere team is conducting tests in the Southern Hemisphere in June or July – at the end of their season – and the Southern Hemisphere toured in the North in November and December. The international windows, which fall in the middle of the Super Rugby season or European club season, substantially extend the season for top players.

Re-elected World Rugby Chair Sir Bill Beaumont has promised to work towards a more integrated calendar which provides space for the Six Nations tournament and the Rugby Championship Test and professional competitions in the northern and southern hemisphere.

5:02
Sir Bill Beaumont spoke about the potential of the Nation Cup being reincarnated in the ‘Will Greenwood Podcast

Sir Bill Beaumont spoke about the potential of the Nation Cup being reincarnated in the ‘Will Greenwood Podcast

Beaumont is a strong supporter of the world Test championship, although his efforts to build one year ago were stalled by a standoff over promotion-relegation.

Southern hemisphere countries oppose Beaumont’s re-election, supporting the nomination of Argentine Agustin Pichot’s reforms. In part, Beaumont is considered to represent the status quo and is too protective of the Six Nations tournament and the English and French club tournaments. He has made it clear that he will oppose any steps to reschedule the Six Nations, which feature Ireland, France, Italy, Wales, Scotland and England.

Read, who retired from the Rugby Test after last year’s World Cup in Japan and after leading the All Blacks in 52 of 127 tests, hopes an agreement can be reached that will better integrate the global season and give fans more interest.

“I want to see some sort of consistency around the season,” he told the Stuff news website on Tuesday.

“That would be better for everyone involved and especially for the players. So you don’t play outside the season, which shortens your season [and] which means you will not recover well and be ready for next year. “

Read also join many fans in the call for further tours by countries that are playing the test, a step away from the existing competition.

“I think the tour is important for international games,” he said. “The way I see it and the way the game makes money will determine and the money may come out of the north.

“The tour for me is more on the end of the year tour that we have to experience a little. It was the best time for a player and I think the fans might be able to feel it too. When you get a competitive series it certainly makes a pretty good display.”

.



image source

Mass. Top 80,000 Coronavirus Cases, Report 174 New Deaths – NECN | Instant News


More than 80,000 people in Massachusetts have now been infected with a new corona virus, health officials said Wednesday, reporting 174 other deaths.

The total number of confirmed cases now reaches 80,497, after rising 1,165 on Wednesday, and the number of deaths is 5,315, according to the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.

It came a day after the department reported only 33 deaths from the corona virus in Massachusetts, the lowest number since the spike, although that was partly due to the late reporting on Monday which included some of the deaths that should have been reported on Tuesday. However, Monday and Tuesday together only an average of 81 deaths per day, about half of the number seen during the surge in mid-April.

However, health leaders and officials have encouraged the public not to draw long-term conclusions from data for one or two days, and the increase in deaths on Wednesday is returning to levels reported during the spike.

Officials have warned that recovery will take place long after the virus stops spreading very quickly. Among them was Boston Mayor Marty Walsh, who announced Wednesday that his city has reported no deaths from the new corona virus the day before.

“A day without death to report is certainly a good day but we still have work to do if we want to see it every day,” Walsh said.

Mayor Marty Walsh said that the city still has a lot of work to do before life returns to normal.

When the daily counts decline, indicating that the worst pandemic may be over for now, speculation has changed to when and how Massachusetts can be safely reopened. But Governor Charlie Baker remained silent Wednesday about what businesses will be able to return to work on May 18, when phase 1 the plan will begin.

Massachusetts for weeks became one of the COVID-19 epicenter in the U.S., with the fourth most cases – surpassed this week by Illinois, which now has a surge – and death among all countries.

Baker and other health officials said Massachusetts’ high count was likely due to state testing among the country’s most per capita population – more than 400,000 tests were conducted on Tuesday, according to the Department of Public Health.

.



image source

Worcester Pastor Provides Other Church Services – NBC Boston | Instant News


A Massachusetts pastor holds another church service on Sunday, violating city and state orders for the fourth time.

More than 10 people attended the Mother’s Day service at Adams Square Baptist Church. Even more people gathered outside the Worcester church holding signs and flags to support Father Kris Casey.

Casey held church services privately, Sunday and Wednesday. The city told him to stop or he would be fined. Last Monday he got a $ 300 ticket, and the city said a $ 500 ticket would come.

Casey said he baptized at the church on Sunday, which is part of the reason why he continues to hold meetings at the church instead of virtual services.

“I can’t baptize someone at the Zoom meeting,” he said. “I turned off my laptop like that, everything went blank. I really can’t do it.”

Father Casey said he spent thousands of dollars to clean the church professionally several times each week to prevent the spread of the virus and the congregation was following strict rules, including regulating their temperature.

“As soon as people enter, they are personally escorted to each seat,” he said. “They are told if you take off your mask, if you take off gloves, if you get up and move, you will be escorted outside.”

In a Friday letter, Father Casey asked Governor Charlie Baker to give them the right to gather and worship.

The letter read in part, “I know that your position comes with many heavy burdens and I want you to know that I appreciate everything you do for the Commonwealth … Regardless of your decision, I want you to understand that my position as pastor of the Baptist Church Adams Square Square also comes with a heavy burden. My authority to pastor this church comes directly from God, and I must follow the Lord’s leadership regarding this church and how we move forward. “

The letter continued, “Please understand that I have taken every step necessary to ensure the safety of all my members as well as the members of the community I serve.”

A priest in Worcester was criticized for violating state boundaries in responding to the coronavirus.

Father Casey continued to oppose the Governor’s coronavirus advisor who limited the meeting to 10 people or less.

“I really see where they come from. However, there is hypocrisy in that rule,” he said. “I was just at Lowe yesterday. People aren’t six feet long all the time, they bump into each other. We; we keep a distance of six feet.”

Hundreds of pastors around the Commonwealth took a less extreme stance towards the governor’s decision. They wrote a letter to Baker demanding they be allowed to reopen May 18 with safety protocols in place.

“We are very concerned about the emotional and mental stability of people who have long been locked up,” said Father Raphael Najem of CCF Ministries in Lowell.

He and other pastors also want representation in the governor’s Reopening Board.

“We believe that he does a good job, really. Somehow, he ignored us, there were eight thousand churches – in creating this advisory council and not creating a priest in it. “

Father Najem said his church would continue to follow state guidelines, but Father Casey held Sunday services as planned while he waited for the next fine.

“I’m not afraid of being imprisoned. I’m not afraid of being imprisoned. This is a small price to pay to glorify God,” he said.

Worcester officials said further violations could result in criminal complaints.

More than 260 pastors have signed letters to Governor Charlie Baker demanding that he allow them to reopen with the social distance protocol.

.



image source

Mass sees 132 more coronavirus deaths, 1,696 more confirmed cases – NECN | Instant News


Massachusetts has 132 other people who died of the corona virus, public health officials said Thursday, while another 1,696 tested positive for COVID-19, a disease caused by the virus.

The Massachusetts Department of Public Health said the number of deaths reached 4,552, while a total of 73,721 were now tested positive for the virus.

Thursday’s report is closely watched after the previous day saw a surge of deaths – 208, much higher than reported in the previous days – and the number of tests that returned was positive.

“Yesterday’s figures are proof that although there are some signs of a positive trend, we still have a lot of work to do,” Governor Charlie Baker said at a press conference on Thursday, while urging people not to make broad generalizations from one day’s numbers.

Baker tracks key statistics as a measure of whether he can began reopening Massachusetts on May 18.

Massachusetts is one of the COVID-19 epicenter in the U.S., with the third and fourth most fatal case among all countries. Baker and other health officials said that it might be partly due to a strong commitment to testing – more than 339,000 tests were carried out on Wednesday, according to the Department of Health.

.



image source