The Samsung smartphone is pre-installed with a voice assistant supported by AI itself – Bixby. However, not many people use this feature and if you are among them and not a fan of this feature, then it might be annoying if the service is activated which can be triggered accidentally.
However, there are ways to deactivate Bixby on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone. In this guide, we will show you the step-by-step process of how you can disable this voice assistant for you Galaxy S20 smartphone.
How to deactivate the Bixby button on the Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S20 has a power button on the right side, just below the volume rocker button which also functions as a Bixby button. Pressing the old power button brought up Bixby. In this section, we will show you how to deactivate it.
- On your smartphone, swipe down on the screen to open the notifications menu.
- From the notification menu, tap the power icon on the upper right side of the screen.
- Now a power pop-up menu will appear on the screen, along with “Side Button Settings”
- Tap on “Side Button Settings” to continue
- An option will now appear to change the settings for the “Press and Hold” option. By default, this is selected for “Wake Bixby”. Now change to something else to disable Bixby.
How to disable “Hi, Bixby”
The “Hi, Bixby” feature is a voice command assistant similar to Google Assistant. If you are not a fan of this feature and do not want this feature activated on your mobile, follow along with this guide to deactivate it.
- Tap the Bixby icon on your smartphone to open it.
- Now tap on the Hamburger menu button which is placed on the left side of the screen.
- In the menu presented, select the settings gear icon at the top of the screen.
- Now just Scroll down until you see an option called Voice Wake Up.
- In the Wake Up Settings page, turn off the “Wake Up with” Hi, Bixby “option.
How do you deactivate Bixby Home?
The leftmost home screen on your Samsung Galaxy smartphone is Bixby Home, aka Samsung Daily. This presents a vertical scroll list of content that might not be useful for many people. This is an easy guide to deactivating this annoying feature.
- Long press on an empty area on your Galaxy phone’s home screen. This will bring up the home screen settings. You can also pinch in with two fingers.
- Now swipe to the leftmost home screen that presents Bixby Home / Samsung Daily.
- Simply tap the off switch at the top to deactivate Bixby Home / Samsung Daily.
to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]