Squash player Yash Fadte returns to Goa after being trapped in England Off-field news | Instant News

PANAJI: Shoots pumpkin players and winners of the French Junior Open Yash Fadte returned to his home country Goa on Monday after being stranded in great Britain, where he went for training in March.

Fadte, 18, who is currently lodged in a quarantine facility in Panaji, said that he was happy to be able to return home, but expressed his displeasure with social norms that distanced him from being followed on the government-run bus where he was traveling from Mumbai to his home country.

Players leave for England on March 7 for a month and a half of training at Solihull Arden Club. Fadte is also scheduled to play in several tournaments there before returning to India on April 29.

“I have started my training and it lasted for two weeks before kuncitara announced in England because COVID-19 the outbreak on March 22, he said from the quarantine facility.

He then tried to return to Goa because he could predict that the locking would continue for a long time.

“But, to my bad luck, Britain and India declared closing their airports on the same day. I had to stay back in the rented room, he said, adding that after locking there, it was difficult to get food and many items sold at more prices. high.

The young player is worried because he is stuck alone abroad, while his family is in Goa.

“I am worried for myself, and also for my parents in Goa. I read the news about the COVID-19 case. I am afraid because Goa is a place where tourists come from all over the world, he said.

Fadte spends his time meditating and practicing yoga to maintain his physical and mental health.

“I regularly deal with my parents in Goa via video calls. I also have moral support from people like industrialists Shivanand Salgaocar and Vijay Chowgule, who call me,” he said.

Fadte, supported by the Vimson Group led by Shivanand Salgaocar, won the French Junior Open in February this year.

He also said that in the second week of May, he would almost take a flight to Mumbai, but the ticket was canceled at the last minute.

“The Indian High Commission told me that the flight only carried passengers from Maharashtra. I was asked to stay. I believe in the Indian High Commission, but I am also worried,” he said.

Fadte finally traveled from England on May 23. “I reached Mumbai on May 24 and arrived in Goa on May 25,” he said.

But he had a bad experience traveling on a bus run by the Goa government.

“There is no social distance on the bus. We got very good treatment on the flight, but when we sat on the bus to come to Goa, the social distance was disrupted,” he said.

Fadte will remain in the quarantine facility for seven days before returning home.


image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]