CHICAGO – A 15-year-old boy who shot and killed became the eighth city man who was shot Wednesday afternoon in less than an hour, police said.
Right after 3:30 pm, Chicago police were sent to 700 blocks from South Kilbourn Avenue for gunfire. When they arrived, they found a 15-year-old boy who suffered two gunshot wounds.
He was taken to Mt. Sinai, where he was later pronounced dead.
About 10 minutes earlier, police responded to the deadly double shooting take lives from a 26-year-old man in the 1100 block of West 47th Street. A 26-year-old woman in the vehicle with the man also shot and was hospitalized in critical condition.
The first shooting in the flash occurred at around 2:37 pm and the last one occurred at around 3:35 pm.
The outbreak of violence occurred when the city was under orders to stay home because of COVID-19.
Following are details of sequential shootings, per Chicago police officer.
- Estimate. 2:37 pm, 2100 block W. 72 St. – A 20 year old woman was accidentally shot in a residence by a man. He was hospitalized in good condition.
- Estimate. 02.40, 1400 block N. Lotus – A 23 year old man and a 22 year old man were shot while sitting in a vehicle. They were hospitalized in good condition.
- About 3:22 a night, 3800 blocks W. Lake St. – A 16-year-old boy was shot in the left calf and taken to hospital in good condition.
- Estimate. 3:24 a.m., 1100 blok W. 47th St. – A 26-year-old man was killed and a 26-year-old woman was hospitalized in critical condition after they were shot in a vehicle.
- Estimate. 3:31 pm, 6500 blocks S. Yale – An 18-year-old boy was shot in the hand and taken to the hospital in good condition.
- Estimate. 3:35 pm, 700 blocks from S. Kilbourn Ave. – A 15-year-old boy is shot and then dies. He was shot in the stomach and right leg.
Chicago police have arrested suspects or people detained in two of the six shootings. If you know any information, you can make an anonymous tip at cpdtip.com.