State Fair vendors share disappointment over cancellations but look forward to 2021 | Instant News


The State Exhibition Board voted unanimously to cancel the exhibition at a meeting on Friday morning.

‘This is the right thing to do’: the Minnesota State Fair Council announced the cancellation of 2020

“Some people say they don’t care, they will come no matter what but the majority of our mission is that we are accessible to everyone,” Hammer said. “A large number of people have some kind of health risk, some kind of health disorder in different age groups. If we cannot do justice to everyone, we should not do it. “

Fair officials are considered to limit attendance or require social distance, face masks or temperature checks, but decide that it is not worth it given the large crowd and exhibition arrangements.

They also saw adding days to the exhibition to spread it over a longer period of time to reduce the crowd.

The Minnesota State Fair is part of a series of state fairs, with many vendors traveling throughout the country, which according to the logistical fair is difficult this year. Participation in 4-H, FFA and other agricultural programs is another factor. Fair officials do not feel they can extend events outside Labor Day with the start of school.

Delaying is not an option, state officials say, because there are no other dates they can extort.

“The exhibition is built on a large network of exhibitors, farmers, educators, volunteers, sponsors, entertainment operators, entertainers, this list only goes on and they are all affected by this too,” Hammer said. “They are all very affected, many entertainers are the most suspicious of going out, many have canceled for the summer and so on.”

“In the world of agriculture […] the same exhibitors who said they would be here last month, the majority now say maybe not so much. “

It was a difficult day for fair vendors.

“I probably talked to 10 different concession holders today and everyone was a little disappointed, but everyone knew that was the right thing to do,” said Team “Giggles” Weiss, owner of Campfire Grill Giggles.

He was in the far north for 20 years, serving hundreds of thousands of people each summer. Weiss has been preparing for the exhibition for the past month and a half, even working on long-distance social plans if they need them.

“I hope we will have a fair but security comes first,” he said.

However, it will take a lot of financial casualties.

“We have lost a large amount of revenue,” Weiss said.

He said they have more than 30 private events scheduled from early May to the first week of August. They need water that is turned on at the night market to operate a special event venue.

“We have to cancel all parties until the end of June so far and I might make phone calls over the weekend,” Weiss said.

He remains positive, looking forward to next year.

“We will survive, we are formidable Minnesota, strong Minnesota, we will make it happen,” he said. “We will become stronger and better for everyone in 2021.”

At Blue Moon, owner Stephanie Olson told 5 OUR NEWS NEWS that she expected the decision, knowing that it would be difficult to do so. He is still disappointed.

“It affects us financially, I mean this is how my family pays our bills,” he said. “And 60 of our employees help them pay their bills. So, financially it affects us, emotionally it affects us, we like the fair. Socially, I think it affects us too and not just me – it is our entire community, this is our entire state. “

He said many of their employees had other jobs and would take two weeks of vacation just to work at the exhibition.

“I think we will come back stronger than before,” Olson said. “People will look forward to returning to the exhibition and it will be a great year next year.”



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]