Two people were injured in the Janesville home explosion, firefighters said | Instant News


JANESVILLE, Wis. (WMTV) – Two people were injured after a house explosion in Janesville late Monday, according to the Janesville Fire Department.

Firefighters were sent to a house fire that was completely engulfed in 800 Hawthorne Avenue at 9:15 a.m.

Janesville Fire Fighting Battalion Chief Ron Bomkamp said one of the duplex’s tenants reported that they had smelled gas by a water heater for several days. Bomkamp said a tenant came down, lit a cigarette, and then the house exploded.

One person received serious injuries and another received minor injuries, said Bomkamp. Both at Mercy Hospital.

A dog is also taken to an emergency veterinary clinic with severe burns.

Bomkamp said one side of the duplex was considered “total loss.” He said no one could stay there tonight.

Some people reported to NBC15 there the house shook when the explosion occurred. One person said that they felt the explosion and lived about two blocks from the house.

.



image source

to request modification Contact us at Here or [email protected]