Virginia has not been to the Final Four for the reason that 1980s, whereas Auburn has by no means been in any respect. But the Cavaliers and Tigers will meet with a nationwide championship berth on the road this weekend in a conflict of contrasting types.
Tony Bennett’s Virginia squad holds a longstanding status as a plodding, defensive-oriented group. Whereas Bennett could not get sufficient credit score for the offensive effectivity his groups nearly at all times play with, there is not any arguing the Cavaliers play at a sluggish tempo. That is a characteristic — not a bug — of a system aimed toward patiently ready to use breakdowns in protection by opponents.
Auburn, in the meantime, is extra comfy pushing the ball on offense. The Tigers, led by Bryce Brown and Jared Harper, have scored greater than 80 factors per sport this season.
It must be a compelling matchup, even when it would not embody the blue blood contributors of North Carolina or Kentucky, who had been every vanquished by Auburn.
Sporting Information has previewed the competition intimately and assessed the perfect methods to observe the sport.
What instances does Virginia vs. Auburn begin?
The sport is scheduled to start at 6:09 p.m. ET on Saturday, April 6. It is going to be the primary Closing 4 sport of the day.
Virginia vs. Auburn: TV channel, stay stream
Virginia vs. Auburn can be broadcast nationally on CBS. As well as, this sport can streamed utilizing fuboTV, CBS All-Entry and the March Insanity app.
The place is the 2019 Closing 4?
The nationwide semifinals can be held in Minneapolis, Minn. The final time the Closing 4 was hosted there was 2001, when Duke beat Maryland and Arizona to win the title.
Virginia vs. Auburn betting line, odds
The Cavaliers are 5.5-point favorites over Auburn.
Listed below are the Vegas odds for successful the NCAA Event.
Virginia by the numbers
- Adjusted effectivity margin: +34.24 (1st)
- Adjusted offensive effectivity: 122.9 (2nd)
- Adjusted defensive effectivity: 88.7 (fifth)
- Adjusted tempo: 59.2 (353th)
- KenPom energy of schedule score: +10.17 (30th)
- Main scorer: Kyle Man, 15.2 factors per sport on 44.6 % capturing
- Common top: 6-5
- Common years expertise: 1.6
- Prime-100 recruits: 5
Auburn by the numbers
- Adjusted effectivity margin: +24.70 (11th)
- Adjusted offensive effectivity: 120.9 (sixth)
- Adjusted defensive effectivity: 96.2 (38th)
- Adjusted tempo: 67.9 (153rd)
- KenPom energy of schedule score: +11.72 (17th)
- Main scorer: Bryce Brown, 16 factors per sport on 44 % capturing
- Common top: 6-5
- Common years expertise: 1.7
- Prime-100 recruits: 4
Virginia Closing 4 historical past
The Cavaliers made the Closing 4 in 1981 and 1984 however misplaced each instances. They fell to North Carolina in 1981, and to Houston in time beyond regulation 1984.
Auburn Closing 4 historical past
The Tigers have by no means been to the Closing 4. Neither has coach Bruce Pearl, who solely reached so far as the Elite Eight, with Tennessee, in 2010.